Value 543 -- Trade Journal 2.0

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Value543, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Value543

Value543 Well-Known Member

Closed the majority of my UNG positions today. I closed my enter swing trade +11.44% and 1/2 of my puts +14.17%

Beyond that, I re-entered my weekly covered calls in my cruise lines -- CCL & NCLH -- for roughly 0.75% reduction in basis on each long position.

Thanks for stopping by,

V

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. Value543

While broadly the market sold off today, there were little pockets of action, causing me to take risk off the table...we're in a bear market, after all:
    • PYPL swing trade +26.82% after its big after hours
    • Remaining 1/2 of my UNG put position +18.11%
    • WBD swing trade +16.34%
    • First gold play: AEM swing trade +5.44%
    Tempted to take SQ off today, but the quasi 'break out' move today from the bullish channel its been in caused me to hold on a little longer. Maybe this thrust is a last gasp, who knows, time will tell.

Thanks for stopping by,

V

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. Value543

Busy little day today on both sides of the market.

In the pre-market, my sell order to close RCON triggered +6.67%
    I also ended up closing my SQ swing trade today +22.44%...after thinking a lot about doing so yesterday...

I rolled those profits into some "short" swing trades against SPY and QQQ -- as both as looking very overextended in the short term & hitting (or through) major resistance levels. I added to my QID swing trade -- my basis is now $19.89 with just over 2% of my trading portfolio -- and I opened a new position in SDS -- my basis is $41.40 with 1% of my trading portfolio

I cannot believe UNG is getting right back to almost where it started from the last time I played it...so if upside can continue there for a few more sessions, I might jump back in yet again!

Thanks for stopping by,

V

T0rm3nted likes this.