TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Roof panels are beginning to be put in place at Giga Shanghai.

The YouTube videos from Giga Shanghai are all several days old. Phase three is moving at an amazing place.

2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I don't see it as a big concern.

Energy choices are political. People do not change their position to suit their own best interests.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla is currently staffing up Giga Shanghai for battery production. I'm talking about cells, not packs.

Let's see... some quick speculation on a potential production start suggests June, 2020 (would be the earliest possible date, IMO).

#1523 TomB16, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  4. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

5. MaliciousYam

MaliciousYam New Member

Most tech stocks took a hit this morning, but that sudden Tesla drop took my breath away.

6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? It's only $35 down? That doesn't seem like much of a fluctuation for Tesla.

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

That $300 is starting to look like it was a low we will not see again :(

8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure.

9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I should never comment on a spot price but Tesla does seem a bit high.

Tesla is doing better than any other auto company and the sheer volume of innovation is unrivalled in history.

Tesla: "Cast frame requires expensive and time consuming heat treatment process to keep it from warping? No problem, we'll just invent a new kind of aluminum that can be cast and welded in directly." lol!

I think it's fair to say I admire and believe in Tesla. Even at that, I wonder if a valuation above $700 is warranted during this financial apocalypse with 20% unemployment and a global economy that has been turned off.

I'm not saying it's not worth it. I think you could buy today at market price and make out very well over the next ten years. That makes it a good value.

I'm just saying the spot market price does not seem to allow much or anything for the current financial woes of the world.

On the other hand, if the global economy blows up and 95% of businesses tank, I would expect the 5% of business still doing well to be priced at a premium based on supply and demand.

So, we can conclude that I should not comment on the spot price of any company. lol!

#1529 TomB16, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    T0rm3nted likes this.
  10. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Lol @TomB16 sounds that last bit of conflict sounds like ever spot price conversation i have had in my head, ever.

TomB16 likes this.
  11. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

12. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla did a limited recall this week to specific employees at Fremont.

They have made major changes to the paint shop during this down time, so it may be related to that. They are also working on several other changes that could require a skeleton staff back at the plant. We should know in the near future.

13. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Giga Berlin approval date pushed out to October.

14. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

The stock is surging, ahead of the earnings call this afternoon. I have no idea why.

I've been watching the price on two week calls but doubt I will do anything about it. I also don't expect to buy any stock tomorrow, when the price should be much lower.

15. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

There have been several analyst upgrades on Tesla in the last month. That alone, should be a strong indication that Tesla is over-bought. lol!

16. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

17. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Elon: "Most people would rather go to a dentist than buy a new car." "By the way, my dentist is great!" :D

18. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

After the earnings call, Tesla is now at $870 in after hours trading.

Let me give you all some advice: Don't listen to my advice. :D

19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I dont think anybody would have seen a bounce back from the lows to all the way back to the highs in this sort of time period.

Makes no sense, but the neither does this market, so all par for the course!

TomB16 likes this.
  20. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Now that we know the Semi is being built at Fremont and it was scheduled for delivery later this year, prior to the pandemic, this seems to imply that Tesla's cast frame process is further along than I thought and they will very soon heavily cut the size of Model 3 production lines.

I'm really taken with their new wiring approach, also. They have implemented many great ideas to improve production efficiency.

The "Munro Live" YouTube channel documents a tear down of the model Y. They get into some pretty compelling engineering.

Not long ago, Tesla was great on the electrical side and software, but lacking experience on the mechanical design and manufacturing. These days, they are at the top in all areas and they are trying some things no one else has tried, yet.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to learn Tesla will be able to build 1M vehicles per year at Fremont by the end of next year, albeit with cast frames coming from Lathrop. Tesla is already producing over 400K cars per year there and the least complex of them is a lot more complicated than a 2010 Toyota Corolla which were produced at Fremont when NUMMI owned it and ran it at a max capacity of nearly 370K cars per year.

#1540 TomB16, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020