TipTops - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Brutal market today on Trump's policy worries. The short attack continues on AMD as BAC and VLY taking a hit as financials take a dive. The only gainers I have is MPEL and S. I am considering a 1st tier buy on T if it should lose more ground.

2. Tiptopptrader

The markets mostly down with the Nasdaq up slightly. AMD recovered from a early morning beat down and currently up over 1 % as BAC is my top gainer (+1.56%) as MPEL gave back a little bit of the gains from a good week run. Nothing else significant to post.

3. Tiptopptrader

Another red day for the broader markets. I took profits on S this morning at 3 times what I paid. I am now running on free shares. I brought S as one of my picks to Stockaholics last year when it was $3 (over $9 this morning). MPEL went ex-dividend this morning so you will see a difference in price (1.32 special dividend).

4. Tiptopptrader

Markets off their highs since the Trump speech as my portfolio. Nothing getting beat up bad as T is my top gainer up slightly over 1 %. Nothing else significant.

5. Tiptopptrader

It appeared that the markets were going into a meltdown mode and currently off their lows. S leads my portfolio again as I have raised the price on my next profits. As we get closer to the ER, AMD is turning bullish. Macau upbeat for the Chinese New Year that give some strength to MPEL and T still inching up with the ER on the 25th.

6. Tiptopptrader

The broader markets are up today as AMD is my leading stock, followed by MPEL, F, and BAC, as T is taking a bath on the ER of VZ.

Have a good day everyone, heading out for some R&R

OldFart likes this.
  7. Tiptopptrader

The DOW broke 20K this morning and another broader market rally. My leader today is VLY up over 4% on a beat as BAC has been flirting with the 52 week high. AMD soared a too far too fast this morning on no news and the shorts pushed it back down as that battle continues. T is up a few cents as earning are on tap after the bell. MPEL and MGM my gaming stocks continue to climb as Macau looking strong going into the Chinese New Year and I expect some good Macau numbers at the end of the month.

8. Tiptopptrader

Markets mixed today as the DOW is up. My top gainer is VLY that adds to yesterdays gains and set a new 52 week high. Following that is S and AMD as T went from down to up as new buyers are coming in after the ER. MPEL and MGM down on the ER of LVS

OldFart likes this.
  9. Tiptopptrader

With broader markets down my leading gainers are AMD, F, and MPEL in that order as S gives back some today. Nothing else notable.

10. Tiptopptrader

Long term Holds and Swing Trading
    I know we have a lot of swing traders here including myself. My style is a little different than most. I try to trade ahead of the curve when comes to long positions. I actually had a blog on this on the old HSM site that done very well.. I make a lot of trades, take my profits and wait for another pull back.

It is a little different on my long positions. I try to visualize where a stock is going to be in a year or even a few years. When I buy in, I set an allotted amount of shares to trade on the way to my long term target prices. For instance I might buy 3000 shares of a said stock with a 1000 shares to take profits on. Sometimes I will compliment my long positions with some calls like I did on AMD and S last year. Sometimes I will turn a long into a swing trade like I did with T this year and took my profits (and divi's) and re-bought on the pull back. I may still go long and have a protective stop in place just in case.

Here is a sampling of some of my longs besides AMD and S. Something to think about traders, if I had just took my profits and ran I would have missed out on the real money.

upload_2017-1-28_14-16-51.png

I would show my F position that I originally bought for a couple of bucks in 2009 (can't remember the exact price). Because of my sells and buys, the FICO rule does not show the true percentage. I just keep compounding those divi's

Attached Files:

OldFart likes this.
  11. Tiptopptrader

Long awaited market meltdown today as I have the shopping cart out but I have only bought some AMD calls and averaged up on my T position so far today .I have been told from different members that they can not post on this thread. Maybe the mods can fix this issue.

12. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Disregard this post...

13. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Test test ... can the people who were having issues posting to this thread earlier try to post in here and let me know if it works. Thx! :)

14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Everything working again?

Yeah, looks good.

15. tyro13

tyro13 New Member

Yep, works now. Thanks for the fix Mr. Manager.

16. Tiptopptrader

Something is still wrong it is only showing a small portion of the views

17. Austin vanderweide

Austin vanderweide Active Member

It is working fine for me.

18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

@Cy McCaffrey created a completely new thread and moved all of the posts from your old thread over here. The views are only the views on the new thread Cy created yesterday. That is how he was able to get viewers to post in this thread again. The problem with the old thread is that it was moved into the Groups section some time ago and then moved back on. Apparently it must have kept the "rights" from that Group section and only allows users who joined that group to post in the thread (that's my guess anyways). I am not sure if there is a way to "save" the old thread so that you can keep your views AND allow people to post in that thread. I'm only a moderator, and that would be an admin function I'm guessing. Plus I wouldn't know how to fix it anyways. @Gil Oren or @Cy McCaffrey will have to see if they can fix that for you.

19. Tiptopptrader

Farewell to my Friends
    I will be taking a extended vacation, not sure when I will be back. It has been a real pleasure to interact with everyone. This is a good and growing community full of new and seasoned traders and and website to call home. I hope I was able to enlightened some of our members in the art of stock trading and and to make some money along the way.

Take Care...TTT

rg7803, Syynik, Courtney and 6 others like this.
  20. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

Waaaaa?
    Hope everything is okay man!

Syynik and Austin vanderweide like this.