TipTops - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

AMD is soaring again up over 10% on a double upgrade to a buy with $12 and $15 price targets. BAC, VLY, and MGM set new 52 week highs again. CX and MBT continue to climb as T adds to it gains as S gives back a little from yesterday's monster run.

2. Tiptopptrader

It turned out to be a bittersweet day as news came out of Macau that Beijing was cutting down on the amount of money can be withdrawn from a ATM machine. With that MGM and MPEL took a hit. They are rebounding some in AH on what was a over kill IMO. That put a dent in my portfolio but the big run by AMD filled that dent and then some as well as BAC setting new highs again.

CX had another pop and I have profits locked in as MBT breaks $9.

upload_2016-12-8_16-17-37.png

Attached Files:

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

TTT, I'm on my phone so too much work to check, but I think Gil moved your thread back to Trade Journals forum at one point to make it easier for people to find. Maybe you still have this one bookmarked or something and keep posting here? Just checking

4. Tiptopptrader

Thanks Chris
    It looks like now it is the Trade Journals and the Groups. Not sure how it got back into groups.The pains of a growing community. The new website is such a improvement the old HSM, I am happy to have a forum to call home...TTT

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

@Tiptopptrader What do you use for your L2? Just curious, it's something I need to work on.

6. Tiptopptrader

I use Level 2 from my brokerage (Merrill Lynch). On their site they call it a sales log. Many of advantages of using it for active traders especially daytraders which I am not

Going back to 2009 I caught some huge buys on my L2 that turned out to be the Sheldon Adelson the CEO of LVS. I loaded up on that bit of information and that became my most profitable stock ever.

7. Tiptopptrader

Markets mixed this morning as AMD sets a new multi-year high @10.93 as T gets a upgrade up over 2% as the Nasdaq is down. My $42 calls currently up 169% With 4 days until expiration and high above the upper BB. I sold my MBT calls for a nice 266% profit

8. Tiptopptrader

As we head into the last hour of trading Gaming is off it's lows on mis-representation on news last week from Macau about the AMT machines. Besides taking my profits on MBT I stopped out on 8% of my position on VLY and turned around I bought some Jan 20th 2017 $12 calls. AMD off it's highs but still up over 3.50 % as T is mostly holding it's gains.

9. Tiptopptrader

Markets are up as the financials went from green to red including BAC and VLY. Gaming looking strong this morning as MGM getting back to where it was before the misleading news from Macau and now Japan is paving the way for gaming. MPEL slightly lagging MGM. AMD down slightly on profit taking as T adds to yesterdays gains.

10. Tiptopptrader

Markets flat as the Fed meet awaits. I will be waiting for a pop or drop from that meeting on BAC and VLY. Currently MPEL (near 3% up) is my leader on Macau expectations.

11. Tiptopptrader

I have been away from the computer for awhile due to issues beyond my control. I hope to get back on track in the near term. Looking at the market this week it is bringing some buying ops in near term. I expect all the gains for BAC and VLY to recaptured and then some for 2017. The beat down of NVDA has brought a pull back on AMD should be near it's bounce point. I have been reading good things in Macau gaming that could give a boost to MPEL, MGM, LVS and WYNN.right after New Years. In the telecoms, my T $42 calls are doing nicely as I hope to lock in more profits on S.on the next pop...TTT

12. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

a BIG time welcome back TTT!

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this on here but we all miss you greatly around here and hope you a speedy recovery.

It was very much a pleasant surprise to see your name pop up on the newest posts just now. Pretty awesome to see. :D

@Tiptopptrader

13. Tiptopptrader

Today is is my favorite day of the year as I send my distribution from my Ira to my banking account. As the markets set new ATH's so did my portfolio as I beat the Dow by 40%

upload_2017-1-1_10-59-28.png

14. Tiptopptrader

Nice bang to start 2017 off with. Surprisingly F (+3.79%) was one of leaders today as MGM (+2.25%) and BAC (+1.95%) added to the party. AMD is still trading under pressure as the NVDA beat down continues but squeaked out a 9 cent gain. Telecoms appear to be back in favor with a continuation from the end of 2016 as T and S added to their gains. I took my first profits in 2017 as ELP soared 5.19% and above the upper BB.

Last year my biggest runners was AMD and S and I am looking for the next candidate for a big run. Feel free to post a stock to fill the bill and we we will kick the tires on it...TTT

15. Tiptopptrader

Two days in a row F (+5.12%) has led my portfolio as sales records were set for December. BAC and VLY continue up as the rest make no significant change...S may be making a move,,,Stay tuned...TTT

16. Tiptopptrader

It has been quite the week with the ups and downs. Like I said in the T thread I sold my whole position for the some nice profit plus divi's. Reason being I did not want to ride the roller coaster again. What else is sweet because I sold on the ex-dividend date I am still entitled to the next divi of .49. After giving my self a sizable distribution this put's me back to 30% in cash.

BAC and AMD set to report this month that could have a big impact on my portfolio one way or another,

17. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

I just noticed you are at 999 like received TTT! Here's a "like" to put you over 1,000 exactly! :D

Keep on rocking it around here Rich! You have been such an invaluable member of this long standing community for as long as I can remember.

You seriously make this place amazing. And, I ain't just sayin' that.

Thank you for all that you do for this board. I can't say this enough but we all greatly appreciate what you bring to Stockaholics on a daily basis. You da man!

18. Tiptopptrader

Thanks for the Kudo's, Cy. It is a pleasure to share my thoughts with the Stockaholics community.

My runner today is MPEL (+5.81%) on Macau numbers followed by MGM (+2.10%) AMD is treading water with earnings on tap for the 17th. BAC (+2.17%) is up ahead of earnings on the 13th.

19. Tiptopptrader

First major broader market meltdown today as it is currently less bad than this morning. The only stock I have in the green is MPEL and with a big fat special dividend. AMD got hit hard with added short interest. Tomorrow could be a big day for BAC when they report. I will miss the open but hope to touch base later in the day.

20. Tiptopptrader

It was quite the volatile week. BAC had a good beat on Friday but only finished up 9 cents on very strong volume. Their short interest was reduced 22% since September. I expect much higher prices in 2017 as I do for VLY and MGM.
    S
    was my biggest gainer on Friday picking up a +1.77% gain. MPEL was my biggest gainer for the week going from 16.03 to 17.28 and I can see it hitting $20 in the mid term for my price target. The short attack on AMD continues losing 18 cents on Friday.
    Posts of interest
    AMD -
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/amd-advanced-micro-devices-inc.39/#post-40367
    BAC - http://stockaholics.net/threads/bac-bank-of-america.30/#post-40368
    MPEL - http://stockaholics.net/threads/mpel-melco-crown-entertainment-limited.140/#post-40391
    What is the next stock to make big leaps and bounds in 2017
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/what-is-the-next-stock-to-make-big-leaps-and-bounds-in-2017.3947/