Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

All things NFL related posts go here...

2. Stockaholic

a little less than 2 weeks to go until the NFL regular season gets underway! is anyone pumped up or what? lol

its all gets started with my Panthers in a rematch of the Super Bowl ( :( ) Sept. 8th

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

As a Bears fan, there's not much to look forward to this year :(

4. Stockaholic

haha, well you never know! that's why they play the games right? :D ;)

whelp, at least you guys got the cubs this year right? will they finally break the 100+ year curse?! speaking of which that gives me a new thread idea for the cocktail lounge here lol

stay tuned! :p

#4 Stockaholic, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  5. SomeDudeAtHome

Rooting for my Bills as always. Gotta hope they manage to stay healthy. I think after this preseason we're going to see some changes in the coming years with how many games are played.

6. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Cowboys announce Tony Romo has broken bone in back but 'confident' he'll play in 2016

7. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

This dude is always injured and should think about retiring. Two back injuries now... Those are nothing to play around with. He's gonna half all that money but no health.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  9. Stockaholic

almost about that time folks...... :D

10. JaysonW

JaysonW Member

Looks like it's going to be another year of disappointment with the San Diego Chargers. That loss to KC was brutal and I don't know why we remain such loyal fans! :)

11. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Go Pat's and Go Vikes!! My two teams did OK yesterday. Vikes? I live in Minnesota now :D Pat's? Born and raised Pat's fan while they were still the "Boston Patriots" Anyone remember that?

12. Stockaholic

whelp, we've got the monday night game here against @OldFart tb bucs ... both teams are off to a rough start at 1-3 ... if the panthers cannot somehow turn this thing around here at home this game, then i'm almost afraid to say that this season may be lost ... :( albeit i realize we have had difficult starts to a season in the past only to rally back and make something of the season ... but man, i gotta be absolutely super honest here ... i'm just not feeling that excitement this season with this team as i had in past seasons ... it's as if the team can't shake off the negativity of losing the super bowl last season ... idk i could be way wrong here, but that is just what i'm feeling anyway ...

we'll see what happens on monday night! i hope for the panthers sake they do not embarrass themselves on the national spot light ... not to mention the home fans o_O

13. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

The Buc's will be kind to you and give your team a win. Problem is the Buc's aren't exactly a confidence booster. :D But a win is a win.

Stockaholic likes this.
  14. Stockaholic

Panthers play Saints in New Orleans today. Probably going to be another ass whooping on my Panthers. :(

I'm almost ready to throw in the towel on this season lol.

15. Stockaholic

Whelp, it was certainly looking like an "ass whooping" early on as we fell behind 21-0 in the first half...only to make a game of it and actually tie the game late at 38 all late in the 4th ... but unfortunately for the Panthers it all went for naught in the end as the Saints kicked a game winner FG at the end.

Hello 1-5 Carolina Panthers. You can pretty much stick a fork in this team this season now... =/

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm from Chicago. I feel your pain...

Stockaholic likes this.
  17. Stockaholic

I can't believe I'm going to say this...but thank goodness for the bye week upcoming here in Week 7 for the Panthers. Lol. At least for one week I won't have to sit and watch a disaster that is the Carolina Panthers. =/

18. Stockaholic

oh dear ... the bye week is over and now comes this sunday where i'm forced to watch another $hit show that is the carolina panthers lmao ... we've got arizona coming in here but i highly doubt we will be seeing the same cardinals team that got demolished in the nfc championship game last season ... *ahem*

19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

At least you're not a Bears fan...

20. Stockaholic

whelp, we've got the rams today in los angeles ... i'm not really sure what to expect here but the rams aren't all that great ... albeit they have a better record than the panthers ... i think we should take care of business here but who knows which team we see come out for this one ... hopefully they can pull this one out again ... but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't ... it would just be par for the course on what has already been a pretty piss poor season thus far ... and i think if the panthers lose today then that would all but seal the deal on them not having any chance at making the playoffs this season ... i hope they prove me wrong though =/