LOW - Lowe's Companies, Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Apr 4, 2016.

1. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

The key number to watch in the earnings is comparable-store sales, and all signs point to a positive uptick for this key metric. Home Depot saw its growth rate double between the first and second quarter as customers made their spring purchases a bit later than usual. Lowe's executives suggested in late May that a similar trend may be applicable to the company, so analysts are expecting a big boost here.

Syynik likes this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Lowes getting some love today, big buying interest

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Reports earnings tomorrow morning.

4. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

@bigbear0083

I remember one guy, I think he was a moderator as you, in old "Hot Stock Market" who had LOW for ages ... who was him, can you remeber? Was his name Kevin or someone like that ??

5. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

damn you have a good memory rui! :D

ah yes, you are talking about kevin1612 i believe.

i used to still be contact with him on twitter until about like a few years ago...not really sure what happened to him honestly.

i think he, much like many of the other old timers from the 'ole HSM days never quite made a return back ever since the forum was reset and started on a fresh clean slate here into this current version of the community.

6. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Lowe's (LOW) Close to New Highs
    Wed, May 20, 2020

Home improvement retailer Lowe's (LOW) reported quarterly earnings this morning and blew away numbers. EPS came in at $1.77 versus a consensus estimate of $1.32, while revenues came in at $19.675 billion versus a consensus estimate of $18.28 billion. In pre-market trading, LOW is up 5.7%, and shares are within $3 of all-time highs that were made on February 20th (one day after the S&P 500 peaked).

The price chart of Lowe's is one to behold, and it really makes you wonder how "the market" could have gotten it so wrong. Prior to the stock's collapse at the height of the COVID scare, it had been in a strong, long-term uptrend. LOW last reported earnings on February 26th, just a few trading days after its last all-time high was made. In between today's earnings report and its last earnings report three months ago, the stock experienced a 48% decline -- essentially cut in half -- followed by a 90% rally. During its 48% rout in less than a month, investors certainly weren't thinking that LOW would turn out to be a huge winner from the COVID lockdowns. But just as quickly as it declined, the stock surged back as more investors realized that lockdowns and stay at home orders meant consumers would use the period to do all the things around the house that had been put off over the years. It also helped that most residential construction projects were not put on hold throughout the lockdowns, and that home improvement was one of the few "lucky" areas in retail that was deemed "essential."

[​IMG]

T0rm3nted likes this.
  7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Lowe's beat Q2 estimates, Comp +34.2% exceeds consensus
    • Lowe's (NYSE:LOW) reports comparable sales of +34.2% in FQ2 (ended July 31) vs. +16.3% consensus, and comparable sales for the U.S. home improvement business increased 35.1%.
    • Sales expanded 135% and adjusted EPS grew 74% for the quarter.
    • Gross margin rate improved 197 bps to 34.08%; Operating margin rate up 315 bps to 14.49%.
    • Home improvement and hardware stores -35 Y/Y to 1,968.
    • "Looking ahead, our sales momentum continues into August, and we are investing in the business to further our omnichannel capabilities and position the Company to deliver long-term value to associates, customers and shareholders," commented Marvin R. Ellison, Lowe's president and CEO.
    • Shares up 0.7% premarket.
    • Previously: Lowe's EPS beats by $0.80, beats on revenue (Aug. 19)

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Lowe's trying to get more small business products on their shelves:
    • Lowe’s CEO Marvin Ellison said the company is launching a pitch contest for small businesses.
    • The home improvement retailer is teaming up with Daymond John, a star of ABC’s “Shark Tank,” to mentor entrepreneurs, listen to their pitches and narrow the pool to the standouts.
    • It builds on the retailer’s effort to support small businesses that have struggled during the coronavirus pandemic.

9. Brian Grohe

Brian Grohe New Member

SELL NOW! THE LOWE'S COMPANY IS HEADING FOR DISASTER. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE THIS YEAR HAS TANKED AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT IT. IT'S GOING TO DIRECTLY REFLECT THEIR SALES. I MEAN THE MANAGER AT THE CANTON MICHIGAN STORE JUST TRIED TO FIGHT ME BECAUSE I ASKED HIM WHY IT WAS OKAY FOR HIS EMPLOYEES TO LIE TO ME AND RUIN MY DAY. COMPANY THAT DOES BUSINESS LIKE THAT WON'T LAST LONG. I WOULD SUGGEST PUTTING ALL YOUR MONEY IN BITCOIN.

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I COMPLETED MULTIPLE HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS DURING THE LOCKDOWN USING LOWE'S PRODUCTS. ALSO BOUGHT A GRILL FROM THERE. I HAD GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE THE WHOLE TIME AND MANY QUESTIOSN WERE ANSWERED BY KNOWLEDGEABLE EMPLOYEES THAT IMPROVED MY DAY. ANY COMPANY THAT DOES BUSINESS LIKE THAT WILL LAST LONG. I WOULD SUGGEST NOT PUTTING ANY MONEY IN BITCOIN.