Let's discuss online streaming services (Netflix Vs Disney+ and more)

Discussion in 'Investing' started by ScareDe2, Jun 20, 2019.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I see they have the new season of 3 Below, which is that animated series that picks up after Troll Hunters, which was a big hit.

My kids have been binge watching it.

This kind of original content is where NFLX needs to be, the question is will they have enough of it?

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

The wife and I haven't started Stranger Things Season 3 yet, but should be probably next week.

StockJock-e likes this.
  3. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

no I don't have cable
    did you cancel cable due to "evil" fox news since you're obviously a left winger?

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I have Hulu live streaming and Netflix. I am indeed a left-winger, but I won't cancel either service, even though both have optional left and right wing shows/news/etc. My point was only "Why would you cancel Netflix because there's left wing stuff on there when it's not forced upon you to watch that stuff?". You can still watch all the shows that we all got Netflix for in the first place.

5. OldFart

Because their movies are really crappy nowadays, and I really haven't found anything worth watching on netfilx in a few months now.
    Why pay $14 per month for something I never use? So they can use my money to further their left wing agenda? No thanks.

6. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I still have cable, mostly for watching live sports and my maintenance fees include cable TV. I have Netflix but I got it for free since I am a T Mobile customer

OldFart likes this.
  7. OldFart

@T0rm3nted

Tried them before 4 years ago, and it was only "B" movies so we cancelled. Up till then we had the 3 DVD rental thing. That was pretty good.
    2 years ago we decided to try netflix out once again. It was decent for 2 years, until all of a sudden, last several months have been really crappy.
    At least with amazon prime, we get free shipping + movies.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  8. OldFart

we have the "oldfart" package from T-mobile....does not include netflix....lol
    T-Mobile ONEā„¢ Unlimited 55+

stock1234 likes this.
  9. OldFart

We use Philo for regular TV. It has "most" of the channels I like for under $20.

no sports though...

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Fair enough. I don't watch a ton of it so I haven't run out of stuff to watch on there yet. I'll cancel for sure though once I feel like I'm not watching $14/month worth. We also have Prime and Hulu + Live TV which has like 50 channels including basically all sports that I'd watch. So for pure streaming services + cable TV we basically pay $64/month I believe (wife handles the bills because she's OCD).

OldFart likes this.
  11. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Or she just doesn't trust you with money!

The irony!! ;)

OldFart and T0rm3nted like this.
  12. Mark22

Mark22 Member

Netflix is one of the most interesting stocks in the stock market today and in a few years, Netflix shares rose in a wild way, being one of the best stocks on the United States stock market, beating such successful colossi as Apple or Amazon