Jumping on the FIRE wagon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wodnik, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Wodnik

Wodnik New Member

Hi I’m new to the forum. The “stockbot” suggested I introduced myself, so I thought why not!

I’m Matt, just turned 30. Unfortunately I didn’t take education too seriously when I was younger, and ended working a fairly dead end job in a large financial organisation. The kind that sucks out your soul, keeps you working all day, a sedentary job where everyone gets fat.

Like seriously I’m one of the slimmest people in the office, most people are hugely obese. People are manically depressed, the employee attrition is awful. Every day I introduce myself to someone new. I’ve been there 10 years now and it’s time to make some meaningful changes to my life, before I go crazy.

My goal is to be financially free in the next ten years. I spend every waking hour devoted to learning about investing, business, accounting, economics and the property market

I’ve managed to buy a house, which I plan to rent out in the next 3-4 months . I’m completely renovated the building, which is literally costing me every single penny I have at the moment, but it will be worth it once it is rented out. This will bring me £400 profit per month after expenses.

I’m currently receiving £26 (roughly) dividend income per month at the moment. The goal is to grow this to £50 by the end of the year. This will grow quickly, but is very heavily overweight on one stock. As I’m getting massive discounts and a 7.75% yield (12pointsomething% with discount). I plan to spread the risk out using future dividends.

I have a very small portfolio, which I’ve majorly diversified across US, UK and Europe. It’s also spread across all sectors. I plan to rebalance this soon, as my biggest holding is AMD and getting a bit nervous. I want to move away from the growth stocks. Most of my shares are in dividend aristocrats.

I also want to stack 50oz silver by end of 2020 and an oz of gold. My theory is that during the next recession. These will gain value and property will drop. Which is when I hope to buy a 2nd rental property. Remortgage the first house and sell the gold and silver, set up a ltd company and run the properties in the company name.

The goal with my shares, is to build a dividend portfolio in an isa, for a tax free income.

So I’m here to learn as much as I can from the forum and I welcome everyone’s advice. I am very new to all this. So need all the help I can get.

Thanks

TomB16, T0rm3nted and Three Eyes like this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! Great intro, and hope to see you around!

Wodnik likes this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Hi Matt.

I love your drive. I'm sure you will do well.

See you around.

Wodnik likes this.