Hi i'm Matthew

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Matthew Perry, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Matthew Perry

Matthew Perry New Member

Hi i'm matthew

I hope to learn everything, as i am a beginner in stock investment.

How many hours a week do you think i need to commit to learn?

Cheers

OldFart likes this.
  2. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Personally, I'd go to the library and check out as many of the beginner's stock investing books/guides they offered, and go home with your pile of books and start reading. That should get you through the mechanics of investing. Like how to choose a broker, how to buy a stock, sell, and so on. You might even learn a little about company financial reports and SEC filings, and even some basic technical indicators of stock value.

After that, it's a life-long commitment to learning, and you decide how many hours a week you wish to devote to improving your investing knowledge.

3. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums @Matthew Perry! I'd listen to the two above for where to start, along with suggesting that you start by paper trading. However, make sure that when you start paper trading, you are trading the same dollar amount you expect to be trading when you first hop into the market. It's important to see what you can expect realistically, and you won't get that if you're trading a $500K paper trading portfolio.