ATVI - Activision Blizzard Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Yeah, a bit of a disaster unfolding there at Activision. The corporate culture being exposed as complete poop.

2. Alex Moon

Alex Moon New Member

【ATVI】
    Date written: 2021/7/29

The gaming company was sued last week by the state of California due to alleged workplace sexual harassment. Staffs at ATVI staged a walk-out as protest. Things are looking really bad for ATVI recently.

About the company

If you ever played videos/ PC games. Here’s a few: Call of Duty, War of Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch, etc. Their money basically comes from two places: games, duh. And subscription (mostly World of Warcraft), Licensing and other revenue (expansion packs).

Is ATVI making money ACTUALLY?

Yes, it’s consistently making profit and revenue. Active player wise, they lost 29% active players in the last three years. In my opinion as a devoted gamer, this wouldn’t be a problem. It’s normal for a gaming company that haven’t been releasing new games. New games like Diablo ll remastered, overwatch 2 and other mobile games are in development also. I expect many new active players will join the ride. And yes, I will be one of them. The company is going to be better place after the pervs are sentenced.

Is ATVI worth investing/trading?

For swing traders: Stock price is dropping due to negative news. From a technical analysis viewpoint, the reaction of selling is nearly over. Which I’m expecting a bounce back within a few days. I’d recommend average down in case another bad news come up.
    For investors: I’m bullish on ATVI long-term due to many reasons: They’re launching new games (which is highly anticipated), the stock price is relatively cheap now. Also, gaming industry overall is growing stronger and more solid due to the pandemic.

Pmw55 likes this.
  3. Pmw55

Pmw55 New Member

From a totally biased ATVI investor since 2014 @ $20.50, I'm holding this until COD / WoW doesn't exist. Great buying opportunity now if you ask me but I'm biased.

4. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

I agree with you. I will be watching ATVI tomorrow to see if it keeps diving or if 83.25$ is a support/ bottom-out.

PYPL took a 6.5% hit today as well down to 281.50$, I think this is another "slam dunk," like BABA is/was/continues to be.

Plan for tomorrow is to split between ATVI and PYPL, most likely HOLD on HOOD.

5. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I think something may be wrong at ATVI that only the smart money knows about so far. Price fell out of the trading range with heavy volume. If the smart money was re-accumulating the stock they would have supported it at the bottom of the range, or they would have taken it down to mop up any remaining supply. But the supply of stock for sale was huge, it fell out of the range on the heaviest volume in the range, heaviest since May of 2020, a sign of weakness (SOW). A sign that the smart money has fully distributed the stock and that it is now predominantly owned by the public. Be careful...a point and figure count for the trading range (presumably a distribution range) gives a long term target of about $40.

upload_2021-7-29_23-43-0.png

#285 Onepoint272, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

I have no idea what any of that means to be honest.

Are you aware that they are currently being sued/ investigated?

7. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

No I did not. I don't follow news, as it can be misleading. I only follow the price and volume action to ascertain what the big smart money is doing. But that may explain what the chart is showing, that the outcome won't be good or maybe another shoe is about to drop.

#287 Onepoint272, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  8. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

It appears to be that way.

I may hold off on ATVI and go with CRM instead.

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The usual apology letters and tweets have gone out, but the damage to the reputation of Blizzard is done. In the short term its not going to do much, but going forward they might have a tougher time attracting the future superstars of gaming devs who might opt for other studios.

10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Congrats longs, I hope these levels here got you some profits!

Its basically Oct 2021 levels, but a nice 25% move here.