A question for the more experienced traders

Discussion in 'Investing' started by ArtieMac, Jun 8, 2020.

1. ArtieMac

ArtieMac New Member

Hi traders,
    I'm brand new to stock trading, and as such I have a practical question. Let's assume I buy a stock at $1 on Thursday and it goes up to $2 by close on Friday. I believe it will eventually hit $10, but I also believe it will dip slightly on Monday. It starts to dip Monday, I sell at $1.95, it hits a low of $1.65, then rebounds. I buy in again at $1.70 and ride the wave back up, a week later its at $6 and climbing.

Here's my question: Have I made the correct choice to sell and buy back in, or should I have just left my original purchase ride? The only other factor might be that instead of buying back the 248 stocks I sold, I was able to buy 265 the 2nd time around... I'm 99% sure what I did was risky, but ultimately a good thing, but I'm smart enough to know I don't know enough higher/theoretical mathematics to know for sure. Give me the answer stock gurus!

Also, buy TXMD and AVCT $!

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If you get it right, you'll make more money trading it. The important thing to remember is you will get it wrong as well. Let's say you sold it at that $1.95. Imagine if it closed at $1.95. The next day, it opened at $3. Now you're scared to get in because it just made a big jump. Sorry, it doesn't dip again and goes to $10. That could have happened as well. You gambled and got it right. Don't let it addict you. Have a trading plan for every share you ever buy, and stick to it.