Politics Thread

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Money123, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Money123

Money123 Active Member

I like to update people on politics.

Today:
    Putin says President Trump is being prosecuted for political reasons and his arrest shows the “rottenness” of our political system

Impeachment of Joe Biden underway speaker of house McCarthy.

2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Putin will send the army in to fix the USA, once they are done cleaning up the Ukraine.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I can update this for you. "Corrupt authoritarian war crimes dictator says Anti-democratic coup-attempting former president of the US is being prosecuted unfairly by the judges he himself put in place.

Impeachment vote in the house not even taken because they can't even get a majority repulican house to find merit in an impeachment, so instead are just doing committee investigations"

roadtonowhere08 likes this.
  4. The Ragin Cajun

The Ragin Cajun Active Member

Russian Collusion! 5 billion more dollars to Ukraine please!

#4 The Ragin Cajun, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  5. The Ragin Cajun

The Ragin Cajun Active Member

The next election year will be crazy, propaganda is a powerful tool! Hopefully we can get beyond the facade and address the current reality or we can keep kicking the can until things are beyond repairable if we are not already at that point. A large percentage of American cities are in obvious decline, we can't save the world if we can't keep our house in order.

#5 The Ragin Cajun, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  6. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Thanks folks update on impeachment.
    Rep. @DarrellIssa: “We’re following $20 million of money that flowed into shell companies”

“[Biden] said he knew nothing about his son's dealings, never talked to him. We now have witnesses that have made it very clear that they were on...business-related calls.”

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I love some good politics, but I think we have all been here long enough to know that this thread will pretty much devolve into "my team is right and I am smart, your team is wrong and you are stupid" pretty soon.

Do we want to do it?

Money123 and roadtonowhere08 like this.
  8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Yes, since I am right and smart.

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

No, me!

Money123 likes this.
  10. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Biden AG Merrick Garland claims he is unaware of the millions of dollars that moved through shell companies set up by Biden family associate Rob Walker and subsequently paid into various Biden-linked accounts

11. Money123

Money123 Active Member

In the DeSantis Administration, green will mean go.

I will demand faster approvals than any President in history.

If bureaucrats are slowing down energy projects, then those bureaucrats will lose their jobs.

2 dollar gas by 2025 Desantis promises

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I wish politicians would stop promising cheap oil, because its counter-intuitive and actually damaging to American interests.

I know this sounds wrong, but its a lot more complicated that what lying politicians are saying.

Let me explain.

Can we agree that being dependant on Saudi (OPEC) oil is a bad?

The Saudis can, at will, reduce production or increase production depending on their mood. This is why America needs to be as energy independent as possible. Even though there are a lot of oil reserves in North America, they are mostly oil sands (in Canada) or shale deposits in Wyoming, Utah and Colorado. This kind of oil is expensive to obtain and requires a lot refining to get it to its usable state.

The reason why Saudi oil is cheap is because its plentiful, easy to get at and a higher quality (lower sulphur content). North American oil production is expensive and requires a lot more refining.

So why not just drill more wells all over Alaska, Texas, Alberta?

Here comes the fun part, the Dallas Federal Reserve says that to break even on a new well in North America, oil needs to be at $61/barrel. This is the cost of drilling, transporting, refining and getting it to market.

If oil is below $61/barrel, its simply not profitable for privately run oil companies to drill new wells. Its cheaper for them to buy oil from other countries and import into the states then to drill our own oil.

Here is a chart of crude oil, note the drops below $60 in 2015 and 2020 (covid)
    upload_2023-9-21_12-18-27.png

And here is the corresponding oil rig count:

[​IMG]

As you can see, low oil prices mean no new wells get drilled, which means less US production.

Low oil prices also means smaller oil companies in the States go out of business. Less small local producers, less local oil coming into the market, more dependence on OPEC.

Politicians KNOW this. Trump, Desantis and who ever comes next have advisors that KNOW this fact. They WANT US oil production to die so they can rely on OPEC which is what the Saudis want, and they pay out big time through donations and bank rolling election campaigns.

Summary: Low oil prices fuck up local production and keeps us dependant on foreign oil. Any politician that preaches low oil is an agent of the Saudis who want to keep us dependant on their oil.

T0rm3nted and roadtonowhere08 like this.
  13. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

I'm staying out of politics here, but DAMN!!! What a great reply! This is the truth. Any diversion from this narrative is out of financial interest.

StockJock-e likes this.
  14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im glad this helped!

I hate seeing both Liberals and Conservatives falling the same the bullshit time after time. Im not saying both sides are the same, but another example is the recent Alaska drilling news:
    upload_2023-9-22_10-8-34.png

Biden bad!

He is not letting us drill in Alaska!

Truth of the matter is nobody wants to drill in Alaska. Its simply not economically feasible to get your equipment there, drill, pull the oil out, get it to a port... There is no infrastructure to support any of it, so no privately held oil company wants to touch ANWR because its simply not economically viable.

Yet we see time and time again how a Republican president will open it up to "ensure energy independence" and conservatives cheer and liberals cry!

Time passes, not a single oil rig is deployed.

Then a democrat comes into office and cancels the leases, and liberals cheer and conservatives cry!

Nothing actually changed, nobody wants to drill there because its too expensive. Yet politicians keep throwing that football around for points.

Money123 and roadtonowhere08 like this.
  15. Money123

Money123 Active Member

The latest ABC/Washington Post Poll has Trump beating Biden by 10% or 10 points and they are desperately scrambling trying to call it an “outlier.”

It’s not an outlier. The elitist Left and their stenographers in the mainstream media should talk to more voters across America. President Trump has historic support in Upstate New York and all across the country! @TeamTrump @MAGAIncWarRoom

16. Money123

Money123 Active Member

17. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Why are we hyping this killer that killed the Muslim boy all day? What about the hundreds of black kids dying in Chicago every week.

18. Money123

Money123 Active Member

NEW Quinnipiac Poll

Haley: 47% (+5)
    Biden: 42%

Biden: 50% (+6)
    Trump: 44%

Trump not even indicted yet. Come over to Nikki Haley side and we Win.

19. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Nikki Dropped out voting Trump

Listen to this Biden Biden brags about introducing a bill on his "first day in office" to provide MASS AMNESTY to millions of illegal aliens

20. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

This is what the alphabet liberals want you to forget. THEY say you can't attack the glass anymore.

This is my heritage they're trying to erase

edit: Even YouTube is against me. Here's an alternate video, but it is not just dunks.

How long until THEY take this one down?

#20 anotherdevilsadvocate, Apr 16, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2024