WNC - Wabash National Corp

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by AverageJoesTrades, Nov 17, 2016.

1. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Wabash National Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets truck and tank trailers, intermodal equipment, and transportation related products in North America. Its Commercial Trailer Products segment provides dry van trailers; platform trailers; refrigerated trailers; specialty products, such as converter dollies, big tire haulers, steel coil haulers, and roadrailer trailers; aftermarket parts and rail components; truck bodies; used trailers; and laminated hard wood oak products. The company's Diversified Products segment offers transportation products, including stainless steel and aluminum liquid and dry bulk tank trailers and other liquid transport solutions for the dairy, food and beverage, chemical, environmental, petroleum, and refined fuel industries; aircraft refuelers and hydrant dispensers for in-to-plane fueling companies, airlines, freight distribution companies, and fuel marketers; military grade refueling and water tankers; truck mounted tanks for fuel delivery; and vacuum tankers. This segment also provides engineered products comprising products for storage, mixing, and blending, including process vessels, as well as round horizontal and vertical storage silo tanks; containment and isolation systems for the pharmaceutical, chemical, and nuclear industries; containment systems for the pharmaceutical, chemical, and biotech markets; and mobile water storage tanks used in the oil and gas industry. The Retail segment operates 15 owned retail branch locations, which sell new and used trailers, aftermarket parts, and services. The company offers its products under the Wabash, Wabash National, DuraPlate, DuraPlate HD, DuraPlate XD-35, DuraPlate AeroSkirt, ArcticLite, RoadRailer, TrustLock Plus, Transcraft, Benson, Walker Transport, Walker Engineered Products, Brenner Tank, Garsite, Progress Tank, Bulk Tank International, Extract Technology, and Beall brand names. Wabash National Corporation was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Lafayette, Indiana.

StockJock-e likes this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Nice gap fill action here this week.

3. AverageJoesTrades

WNC keeps on chuggin' up

4. AverageJoesTrades

first down day in 7 days covered over 2 dollars in that span

5. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

A little over a month ago, I mentioned on another thread I had my eye on WNC for another bounce in what I thought to be a fairly solid consolidation range. I've accumulated some shares in the past year on short swing-n-hold trades in this range, but the daily action seemed a little off at the end of the year into January and so I took a chance on only 200 shares at 14. Now WNC has plummeted to sub-12.5 and so I expanded the bullish position with options, selling 11 July (short) Puts @ 10 strike to pay for 4 July (long) Calls @ 12.5 strike. It's yielding a 5-year high 2.6%. Earnings are Feb 12.

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 4.52.46 PM.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting. This was support a year ago. Good luck!

Three Eyes likes this.
  7. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Yep. As with all options, it's best to think of the bad case scenarios. I like the Puts at 10 because that looks like the neighborhood of the next level of support. Come July, I'd look to roll the puts out and possibly down.