Where do you get your news?

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by Sergio bayate, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Sergio bayate

Sergio bayate New Member

Good morning all.
    This might sound like a silly comparison but I’m in a fantasy football league. Getting the latest news makes all the difference. I have about 4-5 apps that report sports news as it breaks. I’ve come to notice that one particular app seems to report news first 95% of the time and then a few minutes later the other apps follow.

Obviously a few minutes can make a world of difference when investing in players or stocks.
    So my question is which apps do you rely on for your breaking stock market news?
    Is there one in particular that always seems to be first??

thank you in advance for your answers and advice.

TheSmelloscope likes this.
  2. Bullish India

Bullish India New Member

There are so many apps, we can not choose one particular. Every app has their own pros and cons.Thank you!

3. TheSmelloscope

Hi Sergio, I can relate to the comparison between fantasy sports and investing. As a kid I was really into baseball and following the stats of my favorite players. In my 20's I got into fantasy baseball (still love it) and that was pretty much my gateway into investing.

I'm curious to know what your overall strategy is? Like, are you making multiple trades a day?

Anyway, depending on who your broker is they probably have a section where you can quickly and easily look up daily or even minute-by-minute news. I use TD and they have a news feature that refreshes really fast in their thinkorswim app.

My investment strategy is to make the fewest amount of trades possible, so I am much more concerned with long-term type of news as opposed to day-to-day. I aim to check in on the news of each of my holdings about once every 1-3 months. This makes it super easy because I can just get my news slowly as needed form google, etc.

Anyway, I love the parallels between fantasy sports and the stock market! I hope you enjoy it too and that you're able to make some money along the way.