When Will Our Leaders Step up?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Gray Wolf, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Like most, I am getting sick and tired of all this violence in this country over black lives matter and the police. It's almost like we are forced to take a side when in fact we can be on both sides of this issue. Of course black lives matter meaning that the "apparent" behavior of a few police officers needs to be addressed. That does not mean I am anti-police. There are 99% of our law enforcement officers dedicated to their ideals and do a fantastic job in extremely difficult circumstances. The bottom line, there is a simple solution to the entire problem and I'm tired of waiting for our politicians to step up and deal with the problem. It is so simple it can be stated in 2 words, LAW and ORDER.

We are a country of laws with a very fair system of order in dealing with these issues. We don't need new laws. Officers do not need more training. They know when they are allowed to use deadly force and when they are not. If someone breaks the law it is investigated, charges are brought, prosecutors and defense attorneys go into the courts and deal with it civilly. Not through vigilantism and lynch mob mentality. This process will work on everything but the leaders need to step up and remind people of that. Then they need to be more transparent with the results. If a cop did wrong charge them go into the system and let the court sort it out. I see no reason why this will not take away the need to march on city hall all the time.

I'm tired of all these politicians on the local, county, state and federal levels spewing out all of these condolences, prayers, and condemnation of the acts. I just want them to stop with all the rhetoric and step up and do their jobs!! Enforce Law and Order and let the people know that is what you are doing to get this under control.

2. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

3. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

One of things that gripes is the push to take the guns away from the citizens where the only people that would have guns is the bad guys and law enforcement of course. As a combat Vet I fought when my country gave me the call and I take this movement as an insult and it will not fix the problem.

This might have been a little off topic Jerry but I just felt like venting a little bit.

OldFart likes this.
  4. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Not off topic, this is the cocktail lounge :D I agree that gun control is not the answer. I have a bit of a problem with open carry laws only because I think it increases the risk to law enforcement and increases the risk of a citizen getting shot by an officer in a split second decision on whether or not his life is being threatened. Other than that, gun control will do nothing to fix this problem. I just think that solid law enforcement and maintaining order under our current system will work

5. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

Tiptopptrader likes this.