What is the best way to get rich quickly?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by TomB16, Dec 15, 2022.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Let's say I impressed a woman by telling her I will pick her up in my Ferrari 812GTS in two weeks time. Unfortunately, I don't own a Ferrari.

I have $600 cash, a computer, internet, and the ability to do whatever sort of trading is needed.

Please share ideas on how to turn $600 into $400,000 in two weeks. No idea is too outlandish to be considered.

Thank you for your help in defending my machismo.

Lori Myers and T0rm3nted like this.
  2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

See the CRGE thread. :lauging:

3. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

MULN made 100% in two days .1926 to .40. :D
    We doubled your 600.

TomB16 likes this.
  4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

From $600 to $400,000 in 2 weeks huh... this is gonna take some work. You'd probably have to do it all in options with real short expirations and hit on like 5 in a row or something.

I'd probably start with something like this. All-in, 50 contracts $400 call on SPY expiring tomorrow. Pray to whatever god you believe in for a 3% gain in SPY starting right now. More would be even more amazing. Then you just gotta go all-in one more time with the same return and you're nearly there.

upload_2022-12-15_14-5-35.png

EDIT: Just in case anyone is clueless out there, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS

#4 T0rm3nted, Dec 15, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
    removedatuserrequest and TomB16 like this.
  5. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Tom's trying to get laid not raped.:rofl:

GUHH has entered the chat.

TomB16 likes this.
  6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Let's not be so quick to dismiss the rape idea.

7. Smokie

Smokie Well-Known Member

So lets see...this type of deal is totally out of my wheelhouse. But based on what I have seen, some people will invest in anything this year. Billions upon billions have been lost in all sorts of "schemes" this year. Granted some of those deals may come with confinement in the gray bar motel, but I do not think you have to be too elaborate to convince people to throw money away nowadays. Maybe call it B16X or whatever. It could work. ;)

TomB16 likes this.
  8. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Gives a new meaning to Pump n Dump. I doubled your money in 2 days, GUH Jr. blowed it overnight for you. :D

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

You didn't double anything? Anybody can say "do this but do it yesterday". Also in his hypothetical he wanted $600 to $400,000, which your method didn't accomplish even in hindsight. I came up with one of the only ways to do accomplish the requested tasks, which is obviously going to fail because it's basically not possible.

removedatuserrequest likes this.
  10. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's virtually impossible to make those numbers in that timespan. MULN was a factual trade for me, a bump over 98% was the actual return. Keep in mind I didn't bet the farm, only a amount I was comfortable losing all or part of.
    Keep in mind, once I post publicly about a ticker I'm out of the trade with no intention of re entering due to ethical and legal reasons.
    Cy is throwing his latest tempur tantrum because I posted the facts in the CRGE thread. Anybody can clearly see threads like that are to lure in suckers and offload front loaded positions and then take short positions. I make no apologies for calling out pumpers and the antics they employ, sometimes the truth hurts and I enjoy rubbing their faces in the crap they deserve. Some of us are old HSM members that remember the EESO thread and people like TommyGun that had pump list to make a killing off the inexperienced. Tommy made that one terrible mistake of sending a group email that had ALL members information. It didn't end well for the tier 1 group, tier 2 got some of their money back thanks to a clever move.

Point being, if you want a site to remain successful, steer away from the pumpers and the crooks that prey on the inexperienced "newbies". Send them to @WXYZ which actually is the life of this site and pays the bills. It's simply based on integrity and honesty.

It's hard to ignore the truth unless you have something to hide.

11. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

Cy = anotherdevilsadvocate ?

So are there really that many lurkers who follow the posts here and then go throw enough real money at those stocks, that it actually moves the sticks...?

12. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Some of this goes back to the days old site.
    No to the first question.
    Yes to the second one. People and robots scour the places to find info. Low float stocks are notorious and easier to manipulate. You can find a lot of it on discord and other places.

13. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Interesting.

There is an oil field services company I knew extremely well that I held off and on for about 25 years. The volume was very low so buying it took patience and selling it took way more patience.

It was a wild ride.

Oil field services companies flail on the end of a noose connected to the oil industry. When the price of WTI drops below a threshold, all drilling stops. They still need to maintain wells and it takes work to shut in a well but the vast majority of the work stops immediately and the minimal work shrinks from there. When the price of WTI goes above a threshold, they need every warm body they can and pay ridiculous wages to get them onto a lease. It is the ultimate boom/bust industry.

A services company with a small amount of debt will probably be taken out by the next WTI trough. Even services company without debt aren't certain to survive an 18 month period with near zero work; they do have a bit of overhead.

Many years ago, I picked up 140,000 shares of an oil service company over the course of 18 months, Average price was $0.095. It was a nano cap.

Several years later, the company was doing great. I had a 12x gain and decided to sell and get out of oil completely.

This company was going 5~10 days between trades. When it did trade, the volume was between 300 and 6000 shares. It took 10 months for a half dozen people, most or all likely to be staff of the company, to buy my shares. I placed limit sell orders and left them open for 90 days.

80% of the time, the shares I sold accounted for 100% of the volume on that rare trade day.

During that time, I knew I couldn't talk about the sale online. If one guy decided to sell the company, it would have killed my opportunity to sell. Even though it was an amazing gain, I was worried a WTI down turn would happen and I would be stuck with the shares for many years.

Ever since then, I have been tight lipped about what I own.

I can talk about a company like Tesla all I want without regard for stock price impact. No problem. You don't even have to care about trading board lots with Tesla. It's one of extreme few companies I discuss freely and openly.

Most of the companies I own have low trading volumes, the vast majority of the time. These are stable, well run, unexciting companies (just the way I like them). It's best to not talk about these. People don't realize that one or two people placing market orders can move the price of a low volume stock several cents, even on low volume orders.

14. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

It's wise not to reveal your Holdings, especially the lower floats. Even a few clues can help someone experienced dial it in.

Loose lips sink ships.

15. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I own any stocks that have such low volume that what I do or don't do, or say or don't say - is going to make one whit of difference, to me or anybody else.

TomB16 likes this.
  16. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

this video changed my life. best stock picking cat on the web. you can thank me later.

Smokie likes this.
  17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I decided to give this a try on a much smaller scale. I had a random $11 in robinhood. Used the strategy I mentioned above.

upload_2023-1-19_9-52-34.png

upload_2023-1-19_9-52-44.png

High risk, high reward. (low risk based on dollar amount). If I extrapolate this into a $600 purchase instead of $11, you could have bought 54 contracts. Each contract made $228. Your account would now be at $12,312.

Running totals:

My account - $11 -> $239
    Extrapolated to @TomB16's original investment - $600 -> $12,312

I'll let you know how the next flip goes.

Dkrstic69 and TomB16 like this.
  18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Fingers crossed :popcorn:

upload_2023-1-20_12-51-8.png

19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I missed the high by quite a bit. That's what I get for working. Still another huge gainer.

upload_2023-1-23_13-40-7.png

Previous total:

My account - $11 -> $239

Running total:

$110 investment / $239 account total = ~46% of account invested
    $110 -> $1,245 (+1,131.8%)

$12,312 * 0.46 = $5,663 invested

$5,663 investment * 1,131.8% gain = $64,094.86 + $6,649 (uninvested total) = $70,743

----------

$600 to $400,000 in 2 weeks was the goal. Currently at $70,743 in 5 days (first position opened on 1/18).

TomB16 likes this.
  20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Back in. Gonna need a recovery today combined with some good earnings from the big dogs reporting this week. Probably sell mid-week if we can get some green days

upload_2023-1-23_14-13-4.png

TomB16 likes this.