Weather - your area... temps precip etc whats it like?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

lol so far we have nada here & it's not even that cold & sun has been playing peekaboo all day!!

OldFart likes this.
  2. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

heard the other day that there is yet ANOTHER storm brewing and could become the 4th nor'easter ... crazy! :eek:

3. Stockaholic

hope all is okay up there in your neck of the woods @fireopal! can't believe this is going to be nor'easter #4 for you guys ... unreal!

4. Stockaholic

struggled to get out of the 40s all day today ... doesn't really warm up much for the next couple. we should be doing at least doing the 60s this time of the year.

[​IMG]

5. Stockaholic

whelp, don't look now but apparently there is yet another weather system brewing out west right now that could potentially end up turning into the 5th nor'easter at some point next week...or at least what i heard on twc earlier this morning. pretty ridiculous if that turns out to be true.

i guess if there is any silver lining in all of this is that we're now into the spring season. ground is warmer this time of the year so the snow doesn't really stick to the ground for too long. and it's usually a wet snow. still will be a mess out on the roads... gl @fireopal and everyone else up north. it's been a pretty brutal stretch for you guys.

6. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

This has to be the most bizarre and disappointing April I have ever gone through. Austin, MN we just hit our first 50 degree day of the year and tomorrow it gets colder. Rain coming in tomorrow and will last for 3 days with temp dropping and switching to snow on Saturday ending with 6 inches of snow by Sunday morning. SHIT... We have already had 2 snow storms in April for a total of 12 inches of snow with 6 more coming. Then extended forecast past that is more colder weather. No spring here. :(:mad::confused:

fireopal likes this.
  7. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

We had snow last weekend BUT getting summer temps here already this weekend which won't be too bad (only low 80's) So hope we do get a nice spring b/c not into heat with humidity on any level and would rather be cold any day of the week!!

OldFart likes this.
  8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

You guys aren't kidding. Mid to upper 60's yesterday here, meanwhile I have tickets for the Cubs game on Sunday and it's supposed to be 38 degrees, rainy, snowy, and windy... What a buzzkill. Hoping it gets postponed to mid-Summer so I can actually enjoy the game.

OldFart likes this.
  9. Stockaholic

whelp i can't complain too much down here ... it's been rather nice out for a change!

i've been taking full advantage of it and biking every day. :D

hoping we are now in the and are finally done with the cooler weather this season.

[​IMG]

10. Stockaholic

damn i am really digging this weekends weather around here ... it's perfect! :cool:

have a great w/e everyone!

[​IMG]

11. Stockaholic

dayum! can't get much better than this around here for the next couple of days. :D

[​IMG]

12. Stockaholic

we did not get much of a "spring" around here ... we kinda just went straight to summer :p

i'm seeing a 90 handle on temps sometime next week :eek:

OldFart likes this.
  13. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

2 weeks ago I was snowblowing 8 inches of snow out of my driveway. Today grass is green and growing buds on tree are starting to open to leaves and may have to mow my lawn in a few days :D FINALLY I can enjoy some decent weather for awhile. Really don't mind winter weather, I just want it to happen when it is supposed to and not in April...

OldFart likes this.
  14. Stockaholic

looks like we may challenge triple digits this week ... a bit early for this kind of heat tbh

[​IMG]

OldFart likes this.
  15. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory Active Member

71 F, partly cloudy

OldFart likes this.
  16. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

82 F....just finished cutting grass...humidity is hell down here right now, and of course, no wind until I finished...:mad:

Stockaholic likes this.
  17. Stockaholic

the queen city has been feeling a lot like florida these past couple of days :p

looks like we'll be in for much of the same this weekend, and to start next week as well...

[​IMG]

18. Stockaholic

...and more of the same this long holiday weekend and into early next week as well :confused:

[​IMG]

19. Stockaholic

finally some sunny weather for a change...

man that rain was really getting played out here ... glad to have that tropical moisture finally work its way outta here!

not shown in the pic below but i'm seeing mostly sunshine for the next 7 days out...woohoo! :cool:

[​IMG]

20. Stockaholic

dayum, this is lookin' saweeeet!

gonna be out on my bike every morning this week for sure haha. :p

[​IMG]