Very new to the game

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Teambronx, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Teambronx

Teambronx New Member

just wanted to say hi to everyone. Very very new to this world. I’m looking forward to busting my ass and learning as much as I can. It seems like there is a lot of places to learn about day and swing trading but not quite sure what’s the best avenue. Any advice on where to start would be appreciated.

I live just outside of Vancouver B.C, father of four. I’m a registered nurse on northern outposts for my day job. But hoping to put a dent in how much I have to work by starting to make some modest earnings trading. I have a good history of playing poker through university for 4-5 years for my only source of income so I’m hoping some of the skills and work ethic learned there will spill over. Especially the psychology and stop loss skills.
    Anyway I’m looking forward to reading and picking everyone’s brain. Thanks for having me n

2. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Welcome. In my opinion the best place to start is with a firm grasp of money management. I would suggest watching Mark Douglas, author of "Trading in the Zone" and "The Disciplined Trader". There are 4 parts and its well worth it to watch all 4. I think you'll identify with it given your poker experience.

Stockaholic, Bodacious and T0rm3nted like this.
  3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums! Hope to see you around!

4. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck in this, your latest venture.

5. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. My suggestion in addition tot the above, would be to get a good grasp on swing trading first before moving into day trading. It will give you a better grasp with more time for things to play out. Don't ignore paper trading to get a handle on what works and does not work so you can develop some trading rules. Then you can put emotion into the equation with live trading.

Paul kundi and Onepoint272 like this.