upcoming crash

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by omer aizikovitz, Aug 9, 2020.

1. omer aizikovitz

omer aizikovitz New Member

what do you think about the possibility of stock market crash in the future?
    and when approximately will it occur?

2. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2020-08-08-18-42-42.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-09-06-22-29.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-08-18-42-14.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-03-20-14-39.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-08-18-42-21.png
    Screenshot_20200731-000448_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2020-07-30-00-02-40.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-08-19-25-19.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-08-18-42-50.png

#2 A55, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  3. omer aizikovitz

omer aizikovitz New Member

hahaha but seriously man...

4. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

Seriously, yes. It is inevitable.

"In the future" is a far reaching time frame that makes it certain.

But in the next couple three years, yes moreso. This economic situation, political environment, civil unrest, and of course the pandemic,... Well, yes.

And if you expect otherwise, you shouldn't be in the markets at all.

I don't shy away from the markets knowing this in my heart, but it certainly has altered my shorter term investment methodologies.

5. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

It's up the FED. If they let it crash already, a healthy rebuilding can begin resulting in a better outcome. The longer they delay it and let the current insanity continue, the more long term damage will be done. Rip the damn band-aid off already!

What is happening is very typical of the current state of affairs though: avoid making tough choices to appease the ones with money now only to let the future generations clean up the mess.

Oh, and all the pictures A55 posts have hidden meaning, you just have to look for it. Hard ;)

T0rm3nted and Syynik like this.
  6. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

Of course. It's guaranteed. Any good market will crash. We just had a crash in March. There will always be another crash, if that is what you want. Impossible for the stock market to only go up. Now what do you do? How do you make money? Buy gold bars and bury them in your front yard? Plunge your life savings into shrimp?

As for timing the crash....only Nancy Pelosi's husband can sell stock off the night before a crash in the morning.

7. 姑爺仔

姑爺仔 Active Member

Or just read the subtitles. Like a foreign film.

Okay. I will say it. The stock market is crashing again. It does that about every 8 to 10 years. You have until Tuesday. Sell everything tonight. Put in your orders for premarket trading. Get out of all positions now. If I am wrong, you can buy everything back on Thursday.

8. The Brontide

I don't know if you are asking me these questions, but I can answer one way.

Yes, I await the crashes. Each and every one provides more opportunity for fast kills much more than a stable market could.

The years in between crashes have always provided me with long term plug and play long positions that I don't have to worry about. (Tortoise)

As in 08/09 as well as now the last few months, I go in for the kill (not in my 401k though), and make in and out trades well calculated to provide stellar returns. It is really the only time this can be done. And I enjoy much of it until the event subsides. (hare)

This year has been my best year to date (even in my 401k which I am exceptionally careful with). And when it subsides?, I go back to stability and much more long positions.

9. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

Sorry. No. Not specifically directed at you. Sort of just randomly thinking aloud, with thumbs on the touchscreen.

Screenshot_2020-08-08-18-40-33.png

10. The Brontide

@A55

LMFAO!!!

Yeah, right. My wife and I set up our defenses back in October/November. We missed out on the crash 100%. But that is mostly because we expected it. Just didn't expect the reasons/magnitude/depth of what happened.

We dodged a 50 caliber bullet. Mostly by paranoid happenstance for unrelated reasons to the pandemic.

But certainly not because of our current leadership. My wife and I own that, because of him, not because of his guidance.

11. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

he was the lesser of 2 evils. We all knew that the opposition would have been worse. And looking at November, we're again left to decide on which one is worst.

I got a secret. Anytime a political party puts up a good candidate, the election results in a landslide. Or maybe not even a good candidate. The other candidate just had to be so bad, that people vote in protest. Like when the cowboy and monkey actor beat the peanut farmer

12. The Brontide

You cannot speak for anyone but yourself. Regardless I regret my statement to that fact here, and feel it is best left to another thread.

13. roadtonowhere08

Preface: I am not referring to anyone on this board. The topic came up, and I am speaking only about the topic.

Politics really brings out the worst in people. I am sure most people here follow it closely and have very strong opinions on a lot of it, myself included. What has become blindingly obvious to me over the years is it just does not pay to discuss it or religion with others. Unless you really know the other person and can have a rational debate without bringing in identity politics, you are wasting your time on Earth. People have become so incredibly entrenched in their positions that it will take some kind of catastrophic worldwide history changing event to get people to re-evaluate their absolute refusal to have civil discourse and be willing to compromise and put country over themselves. Friggin' COVID-19 fits that description and it is a political football. I guess it will have to take something much worse.

14. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

Covid has become the 3rd taboo topic. Maybe 1 st, ahead of politics and religion. You can't walk down to the coffee shop, and discuss Covid, without inciting a riot.

15. roadtonowhere08

Could be a good way to get your coffee faster.