TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Teslico.
    Read that's going to be the manufacturing hub of the new model MS13Cybertrucks. Available with the flamethrower and 50 caliber Border Buster. Part of the back to Cali plan that Newsom gave the incentives for. :D

2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla Investor Day 2023-03-01 @ 3pm CST

Live stream here:

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

A flamethrower mod would actually be a great reason to buy a cybertruck!

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

For me, the great feature would be a battery pack that is near certain to last 100K miles.

That feature would almost make it worth having duct work parked in my driveway. :D

roadtonowhere08 likes this.
  5. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

see what happens when we go electric.

----

SANTA MONICA (CBLSA) – It has been one of the longest stretches ever recorded of high temperatures below 70 degrees in Southern California, and people are taking notice.

It was far from a good beach day in Santa Monica on Friday.

"I literally felt like I was going to be blown over into the ocean earlier," said Julie Marshall.

Strong winds and cold temperatures took many tourists out walking by surprise.

"This is a little bit different than what I'm used to," said Alex Sabur of Baltimore. "We are supposed to be warm not cold."

For Angelenos, they know this weather is unusual.

"It's been weird, it's cold. I'm really not used to this," said one man.

It has been 38 days and counting of high temperatures below 70 degrees – one of the longest stretches recorded.

"February was the coldest February in years, and I don't like it. I came from California from Ohio to be warm," said Aaron Berman.

Last month was the coldest February in decades, and temperatures in the San Fernando Valley stayed chilly Friday.

TomB16 likes this.
  6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

We need to go back to coal!

Without the smog CA is turning into a frozen tundra! :D

TomB16 and emmett kelly like this.
  7. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Looking juicy AH. Our hero needs to wizz a few more off other than China. I still say under 200 is a strong buy.

8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tom's takeaways from Investor Day.

- 4680 cell production coming along nicely
    - Megapack factory operational and deep into scaling
    - Second Megapack factory to begin construction soon
    - Energy storage will be scaled with renewed vigor

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

65-70 is literally the most perfect year round temperature imaginable.

emmett kelly and roadtonowhere08 like this.
  11. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

And select super chargers are opening access for all EVs!

TomB16 likes this.
  12. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

That is important for EV companies other than Tesla. It is not good for Tesla. In fact, it will clearly cause frustration for Tesla vehicle owners.

Meanwhile, in Shanghai, I just counted more cars leaving the GA building in a 15 minute period than I have ever seen before. I'm not in position to confirm this number with multiple 15 minute samples, as I'm on vacation, but cars are pouring out of that building.

This production number is an anomaly. I'm pretty confident there is a short term reason for it but it is certainly a surprising situation.

13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Ford shareholders received the special dividend of .65 cents per share on the sale of Rivian. Tesla forced Ford to reduce the price of its electric vehicles. More proof that the Tesla competitors are still sucking hind tit in a Tesla dominated industry. GM and Ford have a long way to go and a short time to be there.

14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If there's an anomaly on vehicles being shipped, it's usually because they're running repair longer than the assembly line. They'll stack up a couple hours worth of repairs and then shipping at the start of the next shift just cranks them all out. If they're capable of building 50 cars per hour or something for example, they could easily crank out 100 cars per hour off the shipping line for cars that were stacked up and ready to go.

TomB16 likes this.
  15. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I appreciate your expertise, T. Thank you.

Using info from three people who attended investor day, but primarily David Lee, it sounds like 4680 production is evolving fairly quickly.

Kato Road has 5th generation production equipment so they have iterated quite a bit.

Texas has sixth gen equipment. They can make the entire cell in Texas, including the can, on their production equipment. It sounds like they have not yet brought their focus to automation so there is still a bit of care and feeding.

David Lee indicates they are actively working on the next generation equipment but no ETA was provided.

16. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if Tesla had a van? With Optimus developing reasonably well, they might be able to create a world beating parcel delivery company within a few years. Seriously, they might start to take over from fed ex and ups by 2030.

I don't think many people have considered the possibilities that can be built using the building blocks Tesla is putting in place.

This is way, way more than a car company, at this point.

But, they need to get FSD out the door so we can see their AI program is as good as Elon says it is.

17. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

V4 superchargers being deployed in Europe. The V4 spec is largely unknown but it can charge up to 1000V which will allow fast charging of non-Tesla cars.

I seem to recall the Cybertruck has an 800V system so the new charger may benefit Cybertruck, as well. Mostly, I think V4 is about multi-vendor.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  18. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Electric Viking indicates Tesla has purchased 4200 acres in Mexico. That's a lot of acres.

Perhaps they have some big plans?

T0rm3nted likes this.
  19. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Tesla is my #1 holding for a reason. Apple is #2.

I try to keep around 20% in cash to fortify or add a new position. Still play defence if necessary but Tesla and Apple will always hold their spots in my portfoolio.
    Funny thing is I don't own any of their products and probably never will. :lauging: I'm just in it for the money.:D

T0rm3nted likes this.
  20. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

now it can't decide which way to go.

[​IMG]