Tomorrow is Yesterday's Today

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Brontide, May 15, 2020.

1. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

Well hello everyone. :cool:

I am a stock picker. Mostly no more than one to three at any given moment. I leave the expansive portfolios to those with more tools, time, and resources. But having been in and out on round trip trades over a couple decades, I can say that I am reasonably intelligent to be reasonably successful at it.

I typically let Vanguard watch over my important investments, but I really like Robinhood for my play money. I know how Robinhood makes their paycheck, but I love the interface they provide.

I enjoy expressing and receiving info, advice, feedback, and criticism. I have thick skin. But just wish to bantor about investments and such. And I look forward to it.

So why did I pick this forum to join? Several reasons really. Not so big I get lost in the mess, not so small I end up talking to myself.

But one important reason. The backbone this forum runs on. Having been a forum master for a couple of decades, I am a zenfan. I can see whoever put this together has done a fine job. Smooth, slick, and easy to use. Very user friendly. And I know the back of house where the operations happen is beautifully magical. Kudos to whomever(s) responsibility the site lies upon. I typically don't like advertising plastered around, considering how little they pay to consume valuable real estate. But it seems tolerable to me.

I did do some brief review of the membership here. I like how things are moderated and the people here seem smart and decent.

My kind of place.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting many of you here, so post me a reply here and say howdy.

Introductions are easy, and I hope I have made it this way.

-TB ;)

BermudianOption and T0rm3nted like this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Great intro, and welcome to the forum! Have seen you around in quite a few threads and it’s always great to get another active poster. Hope you are staying safe!

The Brontide likes this.
  3. BermudianOption

BermudianOption Well-Known Member

Welcome! I like your analysis of the forum. Hope to see more posts from ya

The Brontide likes this.
  4. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

And yesterday is day before yesterday's tomorrow.

The Brontide likes this.
  5. WXYZ

WXYZ Well-Known Member

Welcome.

"I enjoy expressing and receiving info, advice, feedback, and criticism. I have thick skin. But just wish to bantor about investments and such. And I look forward to it."

Check out THE LONG TERM INVESTOR thread and others in the "investing" forum on these boards. Active comment and posting is always welcome, regardless of opinion or point of view.

The Brontide likes this.
  6. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

Appreciate the warm welcomes.

Quick question though,...

Where would I open a thread about an upcoming IPO? Just a noob unsure.

7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

The NYSE forum, where individual stocks are discussed.

Link: https://stockaholics.net/forums/stock-message-boards-nyse-nasdaq-amex.3/

There's also an "Upcoming IPO" thread, though it's more for information sharing about all upcoming IPO's moreso than discussion about them.