Tideinvestor: The stock market indicators based on fund flow analysis

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tideinvestor, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Tideinvestor

Tideinvestor Member

Latest Tide Indicators for 11 July 2020 had been updated. Please visit blog to view the full Tide Indicators updates: https://www.tideinvestor.com/tide-indicators/

This week, fund flow on Crude oil #2 changed back to Long on the stock market. However, overall, the fund flow of the stock market still remain towards Bearish.

On Friday closing, I was able to get satisfactory bearish closing on the AUD/JPY and KOSPI charts. However, for the S&P chart, the Bull gained back control at the end of the week. Overall, I will say that I am still unable to get a decisive Bearish or Bullish indication from this week closing yet. The 3 key charts continue to stuck the consolidation range and next week's price action gonna be pretty important.

I will share more in my Full Tide Indicators analysis on 13 July 2020.

2. Tideinvestor

Tideinvestor Member

[​IMG]
    Hello all! Overall, the fund flow of my Tide Indicators still remain Bearish and I remain Bearish on the stock market. Please visit blog to view the full Tide Indicators analysis: https://www.tideinvestor.com/tide-indicators-analysis-11-july-2020/

[​IMG]
    This week, the fund flow on Crude oil flipped back to Long again after switching to Short for a short week on 7 July 2020. The indecisiveness in the fund flow of Crude Oil suggests that there is no confirmation of any reversal back to Bullish on the fund flow of the stock market yet currently.

For the 3 key charts (S&P, KOSPI, AUD/JPY) that I am currently monitoring, I was able to see a Bearish closing on the KOSPI and AUD/JPY charts where they have started to trend down after the false breakout at the top of the consolidation range. While things are slightly on the Bullish side on the S&P chart, where the Bull gained back control on Friday after the drop on Thursday. Overall, I will say that I am still unable to get a decisive Bearish or Bullish indication from this week closing yet. The 3 key charts continue to stuck the consolidation range and hopefully we will be able to get some confirmations of the next market’s direction in the upcoming week.

As my Tide Indicators remain Bearish on the stock market, I am still expecting the 3 Key charts to trend down towards the bottom of the consolidation range for the upcoming week.

For the remaining of July, my expectations of the 3 Key charts are still a breakdown towards the bottom of the consolidation range. And this bearish breakdown is likely to signal the start of the next major bearish tide downwards movement probably during August. It’s also going to get pretty interesting as the earnings release season start again too.

Let’s continue to monitor the price action actively and I will update in my blog if there are any significant development in the price action of the Key charts again.

All the best trading everyone and trade with the tide!

3. Tideinvestor

Tideinvestor Member

Hello all! Tide Indicators for 18 July 2020 had been updated. Please visit blog to view the full Tide Indicators updates: https://www.tideinvestor.com/tide-indicators/

This week, the fund flow of Crude oil #1 also flipped back to Long on the stock market and now majority of my Tide Indicators are Long on the stock market. This is a sign that the fund flow of the stock market might be switching back to Bullish soon. The rule remain the same: Majority of the Tide indicators reversed from “Short” to “Long” for continuous 5 week to confirm it.

For the recent week, the stock market has been pretty flat and I am unable to have any meaningfully conclusion of the next market direction yet. Pending next week price action, I am still maintaining my Bearish view here. However, I will say that the longer the market stay at the current level, it will be more Bullish for the stock market. Therefore, it will be very important to see the market move down from the current level soon to maintain my Bearish view.

I will share more in my full Tide Indicators analysis on 20 July 2020.

4. Tideinvestor

Tideinvestor Member

[​IMG]
    Hello all! This week, the fund flow of Crude Oil 1 had reversed back to Long on the stock market and majority of my Tide Indicators are Long on the stock market. Please visit blog to view the full Tide Indicators analysis: https://www.tideinvestor.com/tide-indicators-analysis-18-july-2020/

[​IMG]
    This is a Bullish sign, where it might be indicating that the fund flow of the stock market might be switching back to Bullish soon. This will be the 2nd week that majority (at least 3) of the Tide indicators had reversed from Short to Long on the stock market. Pending the 5 weeks confirmation, the fund flow of the stock market still remain Bearish.

As there is no confirmation from my Tide Indicators that the fund flow of the stock market is bullish yet, I remain Bearish on the stock market.

Looking at the major charts, this week had been pretty flat for the stock market and I am unable to see any significant price action of the next market direction in the major charts. However, the Bull seems to be in slight control as compared to the Bear. If I will to give them a score, I will say it’s Bull 60% vs Bear 40%.

Even though the price action seems more towards Bullish currently, I am surely not giving up on my Bearish view yet. I am still expecting a much stronger Bearish tide to occur in the stock market and will still be maintaining my Bearish tide portfolio unless they have hit my stop-loss stated in my blog.

If both the S&P and KOSPI charts subsequently do have a strong candle closing above my stop-loss, then I will consider cutting my Bearish tide portfolio and stay at the sideline. Notwithstanding the above, it will be very important to see the stock market move down from the current level soon to maintain my Bearish view. And the longer the market stay at the current level, it will surely be more Bullish for the stock market.

I will continue to monitor the price action actively and I will update in my blog if there are any significant development in the price action of the major charts.

All the best trading everyone!

5. Tideinvestor

Tideinvestor Member

Hello all! Tide Indicators for 25 July 2020 had been updated. Please visit blog to view the full Tide Indicators updates: https://www.tideinvestor.com/tide-indicators/

This week, the fund flow of the stock market totally reversed back to Bearish where 4 of my Tide Indicators are short on the stock market again. This will reverse/cancel the indication last week that the fund flow of the stock market might be switching back to Bullish soon. The Tide Indicators for this week will imply that the fund flow of the stock market still remains Bearish and there is surely no reversal back to Bullish fund flow yet.

Similarly, looking on the price action of the major charts, the price action is also starting to become bearish again. Just when the S&P and KOSPI charts nearly (like 90%) hit my stop-loss scenarios, the price action start to look rosy for the Bearish tide again and the two charts are starting to form a possible double top. I am now expecting the Bearish tide to resume again in the upcoming weeks with these double top forming in the charts. With all these indications, I will be still maintaining my Bearish tide portfolio here until the price action suggest otherwise subsequently.

I will share more in my Full Tide Indicators analysis on 27 July 2020. Cheers.

6. Tideinvestor

Tideinvestor Member

[​IMG]
    Hello all. This week, the fund flow of the Smart Money still remain Bearish on the stock market and I maintain my Bearish view on the stock market. Please visit blog for full charts and analysis: https://tideinvestor.com/tide-indicators-analysis-25-july-2020/

[​IMG]
    This week, the fund flow of the stock market has again reversed back to Bearish as 4 of my Tide Indicators are now short on the stock market. This will reverse/cancel the indication last week that the fund flow of the stock market might be switching back to Bullish soon. The Tide Indicators for this week will imply that the fund flow of the stock market still remains Bearish and there is surely no reversal back to Bullish fund flow yet.

The recent week has been rather exciting for myself as the S&P and KOSPI charts nearly (like 90%) hit my stop-loss scenarios for my Bearish tide portfolio. Just when I am awaiting 100% confirmation (strong candle closing above my stop-loss) to close my Bearish tide portfolio, the price action of the two charts start to look favourable for the Bearish tide again and are starting to form a possible double top. For the recent week, I will say that the Bear managed to gain control and it’s Bull 40% vs Bear 60% now.

For the Bear to remain in control/gain more control, it will surely be better for the price action to stay below its trend line. As long as the S&P and KOSPI charts do not break above the trend line, it will surely be very favourable for the Bearish tide.

With the current price action, I will be still maintaining my Bearish tide portfolio unless the price action suggest otherwise subsequently. Currently, the Bear surely has not gained full control yet and I will be looking forward for more Bearish price action in the major charts to confirm the start of the Bearish tide again. I will be making the call for the Bearish tide to totally resume again in my Blog if bearish price action continue to be revealed in the major charts.

I will be looking forward to the upcoming Bearish tide again.

All the best trading everyone!

7. Tideinvestor

Tideinvestor Member

Hello all! Tide Indicators had been updated for 1 August 2020. Please visit blog to view the full Tide Indicators updates: https://www.tideinvestor.com/tide-indicators/

This week, there is no change in the fund flow of the stock market where my Tide Indicators are still pointing to a bearish fund flow. My Tide Indicators surely are still not supporting any Long positions yet currently.

From the recent week's price action, I was able to get bearish confirmations from the Crude oil charts and the weaker charts (like STI and UK FTSE 100) that the Bearish tide is going to resume again. What I am still awaiting for are bearish confirmations from the stronger charts (like S&P and Nasdaq) to confirm that the Bearish tide is indeed coming back. Let's see if I will be able to get these confirmation in the upcoming week. :blush:

I am surely looking forward to the upcoming Bearish tide again. I will share more in my Full Tide Indicators analysis on 3 August 2020. Cheers!