The Prediction of the trend direction of today 2 Aug, 2017

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Mohammad Alrajhi, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Mohammad Alrajhi

Mohammad Alrajhi New Member

I have a new strategy for intraday trading, it helps traders to predict the trend direction of the prices starting from the beginning of the second half of the trading day, it will tell either its (Uptrend OR Downtrend)

This strategy depends on the standard deviation of the prices path of the first half of trading day.

This is the first message regarding this strategy, and I will go for DJI Index , please expect a reply here during the trading hours of today just after 12:25 ET, to predict the direction of the trend for the second half of the day trading.

Thank you.

Remember: there is nothing 100% in our life.

2. Mohammad Alrajhi

sorry I mean : just after 12:30 ET , that's mean after around 20 minuets.

3. Mohammad Alrajhi

The expected trend direction for the second half of today trading is (Downtrend )

Note that the first half trend which closed recently was (Downtrend )

4. dwilliamst7

dwilliamst7 Member

I've subscribed to your thread.

So how did this end up? Correct me if I'm wrong here but it would seem to me like this finished the second half of the day in an Uptrend as it closed up near the HOD? Also when you had posted that a little after 12pm EST price ended higher than it was at the time of your post as well.

I honestly have no clue how you are doing this and trying to predict the daily intraday move. Seems like it's going off gut feeling to me? But what do I know lol. If you can elaborate and explain exactly what you're doing that would help lurkers like myself out.

Seems intriguing nevertheless. I'll be interested to see how this evolves over the coming days and weeks ahead.

Good luck.

5. Mohammad Alrajhi

You are right , but I think the psychological level 22000 was effected the result , there are two hints : 1- is the opening gap up above 22000 ( around 44 points up ) from 21960(previous close) to 22004 (open level ) , 2- the last 15 minutes it jump from 15 points ( from 21997 to 22012) which is the longest jump up of the last 85 minutes , any how, I will try to explain this strategy in details.

Thank you.

6. dwilliamst7

dwilliamst7 Member

Sounds good man looking forward to it!

7. Mohammad Alrajhi

This strategy depends on the standard deviation limits ( the positive and the negative limits ) , which is created by the price trend during intraday, starting from the beginning of day till the half day time , then we divide this half into tow equal parts in time , that’s mean , we will have tow quarters , then we create the trend line of each quarter separately, now we have tow trend lines within the tow positive and negative limits of the standard deviation of the total half day , now , if one of the tow trend lines hits or go beyond the positive limit , this means the predicted direction for the second half is positive , and vice verse.

This is for recent trading day , for the next trading day , deferent story depends on same principals of strategy. Note: that you can expect the target up level or down level for the second half by using any well known technical such as Fibonacci levels or any other technic.

Any how , I will continue using this strategy on coming Monday .

Thank you .

dwilliamst7 likes this.
  8. dwilliamst7

dwilliamst7 Member

Thanks for the explanation @Mohammad Alrajhi much appreciate it.

Can't say that I still understand your method but I will monitor how this goes over the course of the coming days, weeks and months ahead.

I will hope that you will plan on keeping this thread updated.

I'm always up for learning new things and this method of yours sure did peak my interest!

Keep it going and glty!

9. Mohammad Alrajhi

Thank you , I am so sorry that I cannot post a new message last Monday , this is due to shortage of my spare time , I will try soon to post new message regarding the subject mater .

Thank you.