Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stockaholics Daily Stock Picking Challenge & SPX Sentiment Poll for Monday (1/7)

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

How do you see the SPX closing on Monday (1/7)?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2019.
  1. Up.

80.0%
  2. Flat. (+/-0.15% or less)

10.0%
  3. Down.

10.0%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Stockaholics Daily Stock Picking Challenge for Monday (1/7)
    (Read this first post for the Stockaholics Daily Stock Picking Challenge)

[​IMG]

Congrats to @bronk the Stockaholics Daily Stock Pick Winner for (1/4)!

*Link to Stockaholics Daily Stock Picking Challenge Thread for (1/4)*

On to the next! The Stockaholics Daily Stock Picking Challenge for (1/7) starts at the opening bell on Monday, January 7th, 2019.

If you want to be eligible to participate in the daily challenge here is what you need to do (REQUIRED!):
    • 1.) Post 1 ticker (ex. AAPL = Apple)
    • 2.) Choose either Long or Short (Obviously LONG = if you think it will go up ... or SHORT = if you think it will go down)
    • 3.) Your pick MUST be at least $2 at the previous day's closing price at the bare minimum! If you pick something that is under $2 then your pick will not count, and you will not be entered into the daily stock picking challenge!
    Challenge Rules (PLEASE READ THESE AND FOLLOW THEM!):
    • 1.) No OTC or IPOs.
    • 2.) No Futures, Forex, Indexes stuff like that... Equities ONLY that trade on the U.S. Stock Exchange!
    • 3.) If you don't post both the ticker AND the direction (LONG/SHORT) you won't be added to the list of contestants for the daily stock picking challenge!
    • 4.) You cannot duplicate someone's exact pick!
    • 5.) Picks absolutely MUST be posted in here before 4AM eastern time the day of the contest!
    • 6.) You are NOT allowed to pick any leveraged ETFs/ETNs (2x/3x). If you choose one, it will not count. If incorrect picks go un-noticed, you risk your position being forfeited!
    • 7.) RATIONALE - You may post up a rationale (either technical or fundamental) for your pick but it is not required. This is optional for everyone. Members who do post up a rationale for their pick will receive an additional 2 points in the members leaderboard.
    • 8.) Please DO NOT EDIT your original post with your pick! If you absolutely must choose another pick, please use a separate post and state that you are changing your original pick to something else!
    • 9.) You may choose to close out your pick at any time during the trading day. PLEASE POST YOUR OWN CLOSING PRICE! We will be using the intraday 1 minute closing price using the time stamp of your post on Stockaholics for when you closed out your pick. You will need to state the price & the time of when you closed out. I will be confirming that your closing price is correct by looking at the 1 min. intraday chart. If it is not correct, I will then post up your correct price and input that into the live spreadsheet.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and if anyone sees someone else messing up, please correct them. Also, please look at your positions after I post the spreadsheets. I try to catch mistakes, in and out of my control, but need your help in making sure the information is accurate.

Remember...the challenge starts at the opening bell on Monday, January 7th!

GLTA.

Click the button below to view today's challenge spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

EMBEDDED SHEET:

Click the button below to submit your daily pick via the Google Form-
    [​IMG]

EMBEDDED FORM:

Click the button below to view the 2019 daily challenge winners-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2019 daily challenge winners spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2019 stock picking challenge members leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2019 daily stock picking challenge members records-
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a poll for Monday 1/7, 2019
    Expires Monday at 4am eastern time on: 1/7/19
    Don't forget to click the "Vote Now" button! ;)

How does Stockaholics think the S&P500 will close 1/7?

Starting point:
    [​IMG]

DYNAMIC SPX DAILY CHART:

[​IMG]

**Starting point will be edited into this post after previous close**
    *Link to Previous Daily Poll Thread*
    Don't forget to post your vote to be listed in the 2019

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2019 Poll Member Voting Record Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Results from the last poll (1/4)
    2,531.94 (+3.43%)

Stockaholics Voted
    [​IMG]

No daily poll tally for Stockaholics on Friday. Credit goes to the UP votes! :cool:

Post your Vote!
    [​IMG]

Notes/Guidelines:
    1) For purpose of the spreadsheet record flat is currently based on +/-0.15% or less. Of course, everyone can define flat any way they choose.
    2) Up, Flat, or Down must be clearly specified in a post in order to be listed in the spreadsheet, otherwise it'll be assumed that post was not intended to be a part of the official record.
    3) It's OK to post your vote if you missed the deadline after the poll has expired and if the market has not really moved that much or especially if your late vote is opposite or flat of the S&P futures ATM. It will be up to my discretion and obviously, the more active voters will be given more leeway.
    4) Starting and ending points based on official daily ending close of the market.
    5) The primary goal of this game is to track our performance. You can consider it a contest or as a personal critiquing tool to better ones performance

#1 bigbear0083, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Congratulations to today's daily stock pick winner and 2nd time winner of the daily stock pick challenge in 2019 (2nd time winner in January!) -- @bronk! :cool:

Some worthy mentions also go out to our 2nd place winner -- @bigbear0083 and 3rd place winner -- @Lico Inv!

Here was today's final daily challenge results-
    [​IMG]

Here were this week's daily challenge winners and their winning picks-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the complete daily challenge winners & their winning picks in 2019 thus far-
    [​IMG]

And here is the daily challenge members leaderboard as of week ending 1.4.19-
    @bronk is our current leader this month with 38 points! :cool:
    [​IMG]

And finally here are just some members stats from the daily stock picking challenge thus far in 2019-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the complete 2019 stock picking challenge members leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

And lastly, we have the complete daily stock picking challenge members history which includes every pick posted from our active participants this year!

Click the button below to view the complete 2019 daily stock picking challenge members records-
    [​IMG]

3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Post #1 Updated!
    Scores Graded!

Click the button below to view the full 2019 Stockaholics Poll Member Voting Records-
    [​IMG]

*Click Here for the Previous Daily Poll Thread!*

No daily poll tally for Stockaholics on Friday. Credit goes to the 3 participants who voted UP in the poll! :cool:

@Steven_Burt
    @bigbear0083
    @stock1234

Daily market direction voting poll stats:
    • Longest active daily poll winning streak belongs to @bigbear0083 and @Steven_Burt with 3 straight correct daily market calls.
    • Best overall daily poll percentage leader belongs to @bigbear0083 and @Steven_Burt at 100.00% daily poll voting accuracy in 2019.
    • Most consecutive correct daily market calls in 2019 belongs to @bigbear0083 and @Steven_Burt with 3 correct calls.
    • Most consecutive correct daily market calls ever belongs to @stock1234 with 16 correct picks in 2017.
    And here is the daily poll members voting record leaderboard as of week ending 1.4.19-
    @Steven_Burt and @bigbear0083 are our current leaders this month with 15 points each! :cool:
    [​IMG]

And finally here are just some members stats from the daily voting records thus far in 2019-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the complete 2019 poll members voting record leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Whelp, that is a wrap from me this week. I hope you all have an awesome weekend ahead! Have fun and be safe! Cheers y'alls! :cool:

Post your Vote on this thread and make sure to also click in your Vote on the poll at the top by 4AM eastern time on Monday!

4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

market - up

5. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

Market - Up

bigbear0083 likes this.
  6. Steven_Burt

Steven_Burt Well-Known Member

Market - DOWN

7. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Market - Up

bigbear0083 likes this.
  8. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Market Up

bigbear0083 likes this.
  9. snuffalchewy

snuffalchewy Active Member

Market UP

bigbear0083 likes this.
  10. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

Market UP

bigbear0083 likes this.
  11. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

Market Flat

12. internationalstocks

internationalstocks Active Member

13. bronk

bronk New Member

Market UP
    AMD - Short

bigbear0083 likes this.
  14. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Well, lesson learned. I thought I entered F long for today to go along with my UP market sentiment, but I clicked the wrong button on the Google Form.

Fellow contestants, don't let that happen to you! ;)

bigbear0083 likes this.
  15. bigbear0083

Staff Member

darn! i had to step away early this morning due to some urgent family matters...i did not get a chance to see this post until just now.

this is one of the main reasons why i have all participants using the google forms this year, because i have moments like this morning where i just can't get to setting up the google spreadsheet by the open.

looks like your entry for today's comp was super late though! :eek: i'm showing 9:23am eastern.

fwiw, the deadline for daily picks is 4am eastern time the day of the comp...that being said there are times that i can be a bit lenient, and allow for picks that are posted an hour or 2 later than the deadline...but 7 minutes before the market open is kinda pushing it haha.

since you are new though, i think we can make an exception for today. ;)

i just went ahead and manually added you in now.

however, for future contests will definitely need picks to be submitted via the google form on the first post of these threads, and preferably by the 4am eastern time deadline the day of the comp.

16. bigbear0083

Staff Member

BTW, I got a quick question for everyone who is viewing this thread.

Does that first post where I've embedded my spreadsheet into the post auto refresh?

I know if you're viewing the spreadsheet in a new window it will update that you don't need to manually refresh your web browser.

But, how about the embedded sheet on my first post here? Does that also work the same way?

Like, can you keep your browser left open in this thread with the embedded sheet auto refreshing?

Really curious about that!

If someone can kindly let me know...

17. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Seems like it is up to date Cy ;)

bigbear0083 likes this.
  18. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

Again I’m on the phone.... it’s easy for me to open new windows for daily, weekly, monthly ... better than go back to find those threads and refresh ...

Thanks CY