Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stockaholics 2019 Weekly Stock Picking Team Playoff Challenge

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

1. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Please close EL at $153.20 and MTCH at $55.45, thanks Cy

Lico Inv likes this.
  2. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

there we go looks like the post copy trick worked fine

stock1234 likes this.
  3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

To save myself some time here so I don't have to do these over the weekend, I'm going to post the following week's match-ups (form and spreadsheet links) right now and then just bump this post on Friday night or Saturday morning or whenever I update all of our other contest threads.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are the forms and spreadsheet links for Week #4 (if necessary)! Remember that all picks must be in by Monday's market open!

TEAM #1:
    @Steven_Burt
    @Three Eyes

[​IMG] <-- TEAM #1 click there to submit your weekly picks for this week!

vs.

TEAM #4:
    @snuffalchewy
    @emmett kelly

[​IMG] <-- TEAM #4 click there to submit your weekly picks for this week!

Here is the contest spreadsheet link for TEAM #1 vs. TEAM #4-
    [​IMG] <-- click there to view!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAM #2:
    @Lico Inv
    @stock1234

[​IMG] <-- TEAM #2 click there to submit your weekly picks for this week!

vs.

TEAM #3:
    @rStock
    @Stoch

[​IMG] <-- TEAM #3 click there to submit your weekly picks for this week!

Here is the contest spreadsheet link for TEAM #2 vs. TEAM #3-

GLTA for next week! :D

Lico Inv and stock1234 like this.
  4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Putting this week's update on HOLD until I can get to the bottom of the data issues with Google Finance.

No sense in attempting to update these things when Google Finance's data feed is completely out of whack, which is unfortunately screwing things up with Google Sheets! :confused:

This goes for the League Challenge as well as the Community Challenge.

If I have time later this weekend I'll update these threads, otherwise we might just have to cancel all of this as unfortunate as that sounds. :(

5. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Congratulations to this week's stock picking team challenge winners, TEAM #1 & TEAM #2! :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are this week's final stock pick team challenge results for the winner (TEAM #1)-

[​IMG]

...and here is TEAM #2's results-

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view this week's full team contest spreadsheet results-

TEAM #1 & TEAM #2 stay alive in their series, as TEAM #4 and TEAM #3 now lead 2-1 in this best of 5 weekly series match-up with both teams once again having a chance to wrap up their series next week to head to the final round!

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the weekly stock picking team challenge bracket-
    [​IMG]<-- click there to view!

Lico Inv likes this.
  6. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just a quick heads up to all!

I'm not 100% sure how accurate the data is on the sheets today, so while I am updating these here it's very possible that what you're seeing is incorrect.

I don't have an awful lot of free time to check on these.

I'm just posting these in here and then off I go for the weekend.

Please check these in your spare time and if you guys find any errors please report them in here.

For the record, this is not coming from my end but rather from Google Finance's end. They are having serious data issues of late... :confused:

Very unfortunate, and this could result in major issues for us potentially going forward running these competitions...

Hopefully this will get resolved soon!

7. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just a quick reminder to all participants that the Week #4 Google Forms and spredsheet links have been posted on Post #23 here in case you guys are looking around for them! Hope you guys can all get a chance to submit the forms so I don't have to do them manually this week. ;)

8. Steven_Burt

Steven_Burt Well-Known Member

I haven't had any big winners in any of these competitions so far... Maybe this is my week :cool::D

Three Eyes likes this.
  9. bigbear0083

Staff Member

@stock1234 looks like you forgot to submit you weekly picks via the google form for this week for the team challenge, and unfortunately i cannot copy over your picks from the regular weekly contest for this week because one of your picks is a duplicate of @Lico Inv (CHGG - long).

thus @Lico Inv you will be going solo for this week against TEAM #3. gl!

10. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

Pls close my MBIO at 2:30 @$4.41

11. stock1234

My mistake Cy, thought this will get suspended due to problem with Google finance. Anyway I will remember next week :)

bigbear0083 likes this.
  12. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Haha, not entirely you fault though.

I think in the future I will refrain from actively running so many competitions all at the same time. My bad. :p

Pretty sure you and others can relate to this, but I imagine it has to be a little overwhelming, not to mention confusing when you have like, what is it now, 12 different competitions going on simultaneously? Yikes! :eek:

I think I got a little too carried away with all of them to start this year. :p

For me, whenever I think I have a nice idea for a contest, I always get a little giddy about it and want to trial run it as soon as possible.

It was basically the "perfect storm" of ideas if you will, as they were coming in all at the same time lol.

In the future, I will just have one contest format outside of our other regular one's running at the same time so it isn't so confusing and overwhelming for everyone. And then once that format has completed, I'd go to the next format, and so on.

I still intend to let this "team" format run itself out, but the "league" format will be suspended for sure for right now. I'll run the league format again to its entirety (meaning all 8 weeks from scratch) once things have really quieted down with the number of other contests. Maybe around the summer I guess? ;)

stock1234 likes this.
  13. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Hmm, y'know come to think of it @stock1234 I think I can still add your 2nd weekly pick from the regular weekly contest.

I know your CHGG - long was a duplicate to @Lico Inv's but the other was not so let me see if I can just add your other pick...so you'd have at least 1 in there if nothing else. :)

14. bigbear0083

Staff Member

And done. :)

Your XPO - long has been added.

Not sure why I hadn't done that originally. Whoops.

stock1234 likes this.
  15. stock1234

Sounds good Cy, thank you :)

bigbear0083 likes this.
  16. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

@stock1234 Maybe we should start picking riskier stocks, cause our multi-billion dollar co's are getting out-played by these micro- and small-caps...

stock1234 likes this.
  17. stock1234

I will try :D I mostly trade big cap stocks in real life so it could be a little tough for me, but I will try ;)

#37 stock1234, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Lico Inv likes this.
  18. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

Same. The smaller the co, typically the less my belief and investment $$ I put in.

stock1234 likes this.
  19. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

Pls close my pick TPNL at 9:44 @ $7.30 Thanks CY

20. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Just taking a quick peak at the spreadsheets late this morning, it's looking like TEAM #3 will be advancing to the final round, while TEAM #1 looks to tie its series at 2-2 with TEAM #4 to bring it to a 5th and final game. Which would mean TEAM #3 would have a bye week next week while they await the winner of the TEAM #1 vs. TEAM #4 series.

I'll have the Week #5 Google Forms and spreadsheet links posted in here momentarily for the TEAM #1 vs. TEAM #4 series.