Stock algorithm

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Aurora, May 6, 2020.

1. Aurora

Aurora New Member

Hello everyone, new member here, I made an account just now to ask a question, although stocks have been a great interest of mine since I was about 12 years old( I'm 26 now) - so I'll probably stick around even after you help me out :)

I write algorithms, and I'm really good at finding patterns and connections so I decided to finally try to write an algorithm to predict stock and/or forex value movement (I wanted to do this for years, but in my mind I had more productive things to do - like inventing useful devices)

To write the algorithm I need (free) excel tables(preferably, it can be text files too) with trade volume and price movement of highly traded stocks(like apple,google, intel... or forex pairs) - with high "resolution", meaning the tables should have really small time difference between two volume/price change values - if it doesn't, I might miss a really lucrative buy/sell marker.

These tables I'm looking for should also go back at least a year, then again, beggars cant be choosers since I cant afford to buy these tables - I'm sure there are pricey services that offer this data that goes waaay back.

Graphs that are readily available for free, either as a picture or through different websites UI don't work for me, I need either excel or text files.
    I'm aware I could extract this through some websites API, but that access has to be paid.

Anyone that provides the data, or points me towards a link from which I can download that stuff - can expect a percentage if I make it work :)
    (I wouldn't mind cryptocurrency tables either if anyone here has them)

P.S. I already made the worlds first sound visualizing algorithm( epilepsy warning!!!)

(new code but shittier video quality)

Cheers!

#1 Aurora, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. iStock Helper

iStock Helper New Member

Hi there, I know Excel well and trying to use Excel for picking my stock. See my video below: