Scorpio Gold - V.SGN

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by Dan Thunderbolt, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Dan Thunderbolt

Dan Thunderbolt Well-Known Member

Scorpio Gold is a very interesting junior gold miner which is flying under the radar. In my opinion the company has lots of intrinsic value which is not reflected in the current share price.

Current market cap on a fully diluted basis (170 million shares) at a share price of C$ 0.09 is C$ 15,3 Million. The NPV of their shovel ready Mineral Ridge project in Nevada is C$ 147 Million at a price of Gold of US $1,750/oz. At a Gold price of US $2,000/oz the NPV is C$ 196 Million.

An updated feasibility study completed in Jan 2018 outlines positive economics for processing the residual heap leach material and mining of higher grade mineralization in the existing pits. The study provides ~7.5 years of additional mine life at Mineral Ridge and 250,500 oz. life of project gold sold at a total cash cost of US$805/oz.

Scorpio Gold is pursuing US$35M financing for the construction of a new carbon-in-leach (CIL) processing facility at Mineral Ridge. Recently Scorpio Gold announced the engagement of Artemis Capital Advisors LLC Company's financial advisor in connection with securing term financing in support of development of the Company's Mineral Ridge gold project. Artemis is composed of a team with over 45 years of collective mining investment banking experience and commodity markets expertise, having executed transactions with a combined value of over $4 billion. https://www.artemis.llc/

Additionally, according to an interview with the Director of Scorpio the value of the functional mill at their Goldwedge property is estimated to be ~$4-5 M.

Link company presentation:
    https://www.scorpiogold.com/investors/presentations/

TheDude likes this.
  2. Dan Thunderbolt

As pointed out in my previous post the market cap of Scorpio is very low considering the intrinsic value of their assets.

Scorpio’s main asset is the Mineral Ridge project which entered commercial production as an open pit & heap leach operation in 2012. Mining was suspended in early Nov 2017. However, residual but diminishing gold recoveries continue from the leach pads. Therefore they do not have to dilute shareholders on a continued basis as other companies do.

The great thing about the Mineral Ridge project that makes it attractive is that it’s a restart. There’s no metallurgy or reserve risk. Overall, there’s not a lot of risk in the project beyond securing the capital for the new processing plant.

Updated feasibility study Jan 2018
    Gold price of US $1,250/oz: NPV 5%: US$35.1 M ● IRR: 30.0% ● Payback: 2.9 years

Price sensitive analysis (included in the feasibility study):
    • Gold price US $1,500/oz: NPV: US$70 M
    • Gold price US $1,750/oz: NPV: US$105 M
    • Gold price US $2,000/oz: NPV: US$140 M

3. Dan Thunderbolt

The great thing about the Mineral Ridge project that makes it attractive is that it’s a restart. There’s no metallurgy or reserve risk. Overall, there’s not a lot of risk in the project beyond securing the capital for the new processing plant. Mineral Ridge is a brownfield operation on a site that has greenfield exploration potential.

4. Dan Thunderbolt

I do not know when this stock will move but it sure will move big at some point in the future with the current price of gold. What I really like about the current situation concerning my investment in Scorpio is that management has now obviously a very high interest in getting the financing done for the shovel ready Mineral Ridge project. In addition, Artemis seems like a great partner to get the financing done. https://www.artemis.llc/

Scorpio Gold Cash Conservation Measures in Response to COVID-19
    April 8, 2020
    https://www.scorpiogold.com/news/scorpio-gold-cash-conservation-measures-in-response-to-covid-19/
    Scorpio Gold Corporation (“Scorpio Gold” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: SGN) Scorpio Gold announces voluntary reduction in wages and salaries throughout the company during the Covid-19 pandemic and until a major financing is achieved to build the Mineral Ridge Process Facility.

Effective April 1st, 2020 with the full co-operation and understanding of the Company’s personnel:
    • US employees voluntarily agreed to salary and wage reduction of 20%;
    • CEO, CFO and Corporate Secretary voluntarily cut their salaries by 50%; and
    • Chairman and Directors agreed to waive all monetary compensation to zero.
    The Company will exercise other cash conservation measures wherever discretionary funding can be eliminated or postponed.

The overall annual reduction in costs will be approximately Cdn $1.6m and will remain in place until the Company is financed.

The Company will continue to produce cashflow from the existing heaps at the Mineral Ridge Mine throughout 2020 whilst continuing to pursue financing in the form of gold loans, gold streams and direct loans to fund the expansion of production via construction of a new CIL process facility at the mine.

5. Dan Thunderbolt

Below is a link to a very insightful interview on Scorpio with Murray Bockhold. The interview also deals with the intrinsic value of companies in general.
    https://stockhouse.com/opinion/inte...gold-mining-explorer-with-history-on-its-side

Murray Bockhold is a strong advocate for shareholder and investor rights. Murray currently serves as the Court appointed Trustee for Gryphon Gold Corporation where he is spearheading a US$300 million lawsuit alleging bankruptcy fraud.

This guy gives the company lots of credibility imo.

6. Dan Thunderbolt

Only a matter of time until the share price of Scorpio will move up quite sigificantly imo. The numbers of the Mineral Ridge project are simply too attractive and convincing.

Current market cap on a fully diluted basis (170 million shares) at a share price of C$ 0.09 is C$ 15,3 Million. The NPV of their shovel ready Mineral Ridge project is C$ 147 Million at a price of Gold of US $1,750/oz. At a Gold price of US $2,000/oz the NPV is C$ 196 Million.

7. Dan Thunderbolt

In my previous posts I reffered to the numbers of the 2018 Mineral Ridge Feasibility Study. In 2019 Scorpio did an update of the mine plan and reserve and resource estimate.

According to the November update the operating period increases from 7.5 to 8.5 years. The Life of Project Gold Sold is now 296 koz. Total Cash Cost $824.

Considering the current low market cap of Scorpio it is obvious that imo we are due for a nice upwards movement rather sooner than later.

https://www.scorpiogold.com/news/sc...utlook-at-its-mineral-ridge-operation-nevada/

8. Dan Thunderbolt

#8 Dan Thunderbolt, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  9. Dan Thunderbolt

10. Dan Thunderbolt

This one is getting some attention today. Lots of intrinsic value to be surfaced. This is going to be a fun ride...

11. Dan Thunderbolt

#11 Dan Thunderbolt, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  12. Dan Thunderbolt

With a Gold price of now $2.000/oz the NPV of Scorpio's Mineral Ridge Project is US$140 M. Therfore the stock still has lots of potential imo considering the current marekt cap. There are not many shovel ready Gold projects available in a great jurisdiction as Nevada.

13. Dan Thunderbolt

Scorpio Gold Announces Results of Annual General and Special Meeting
    October 2, 2020
    https://www.scorpiogold.com/news/sc...esults-of-annual-general-and-special-meeting/

The Company now has shareholder permission to close the second tranche of a private placement with Augusta Investments Inc. of $1.6 million to bring Augusta’s total investment to $4.6 of the private placement (see NR September 14, 2020).

The shareholders also approved the earn-in option agreement with Titan Mining Corporation whereby Titan can earn an 80% joint venture interest on the Company’s 100% owned Mineral Ridge gold project located in Esmeralda County, Nevada. To maintain the option Titan must spend a total of US$35 million over a staged period of five years. If Titan spends the initial US$7 million of expenditures by January 1, 2022, it will also have the right to acquire a 100% interest by paying Scorpio Gold US$35 million on or before December 31, 2022 (see NR August 31, 2020).

Scorpio Gold is in the process of finalizing the acquisition of the adjacent Kinross Manhattan property. An underground delineation drilling program is in progress at the Goldwedge Mine and planning for surface drilling on high-priority targets over the entire land package is underway.

“Scorpio Gold will see the most activity on both of its projects in its history at a time when the gold price is reaching previously seen historic highs. It is expected that the Company will generate a steady news flow ahead” said Brian Lock, CEO.

14. Dan Thunderbolt

The next few weeks will be interesting. The value of the Mineral Ridge option agreement alone is $46M CAD, and that does not include any of the value from Goldwedge. They already own a 400 tpd mill at Goldwedge...

Scorpio Gold Executes the Kinross Manhattan Project Agreement
    October 14, 2020

Vancouver, October 14, 2020 – Scorpio Gold Corporation (“Scorpio Gold” or the “Company”) (TSXV: SGN) is pleased to announce it has executed a definitive agreement for the acquisition of the Manhattan Project Properties (the “Manhattan Property”) located in Nye Country, Nevada situated adjacent and proximal to Scorpio Gold’s Goldwedge property (see July 20, 2020 news release).

This acquisition of 4,300 acres combined with the Goldwedge 1,771 acres gives Scorpio Gold complete land control of 6,071 acres around the Goldwedge facility, providing the opportunity to expand surface operations and the potential for expanding underground mining and exploration. It also consolidates a large land position along the Reliance Fault Zone, which has significant exploration potential for high-grade gold targets at the intersections of the Reliance structure and ring faulting related to the Manhattan Caldera. The Manhattan Property is comprised of 22 patented claims and 219 unpatented claims situated adjacent and proximal to the Company’s Goldwedge property.

The Company is well funded to drive an extensive exploration program at the Goldwedge Mine, in the Keystone-Jumbo deposit area and the Manhattan Property. An underground delineation drilling program is in progress at the Goldwedge Mine and planning for surface drilling on high-priority targets over the entire land package is underway.

https://www.scorpiogold.com/news/scorpio-gold-executes-the-kinross-manhattan-project-agreement/

15. Dan Thunderbolt

I am still invested in Scorpio and at some point I believe we are up for some good news.

scorpio-factsheet-02-2021
    https://www.scorpiogold.com/site/assets/files/6084/scorpio-factsheet-02-2021.pdf

GOLDWEDGE HIGHLIGHTS
    • 6,071-acre property located in Nye Country, Nevada
    • Fully permitted underground mine and a 400 ton per day mill facility
    • Acquisition of 4,300 additional acres from Kinross
    • Situated on the southern periphery of the Manhattan Caldera; approx. 16 km south of the +15 M oz. Round Mountain Mine, the largest gold mine in Nevada, owned by Kinross Gold
    An underground delineation drilling program is in progress and planning for surface drilling on high-priority targets over the entire land package is underway

Scorpio Gold Intersects 12.47 g/t gold and 176.2 g/t silver over 7.6 m including 53.49 g/t gold over 1.52 m and 3,960 g/t silver over 0.15 m in Underground Drilling at Goldwedge, Nevada
    July 27, 2020