RUS.t Russel Metals , great divvy and growth stock

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by shellybear, Feb 4, 2019.

1. shellybear

shellybear Member

This one trading at a trailing 7.12 P/E and has doubled revenue in the past year or so , mostly thru acquisitions. Operations in the US and Canada. Been beaten down because of analysts doubts on the business doing well because of pipeline delays etc. HOWEVER the past 2 Qs the analysts have estimated earnings at .71 , and both Q came in over a buck. The last one was 1.10 per share. The analysts missed by over 50%!!!
    On Feb 7 they are posting yearend results and 4th Q ... analysts again underestimating the earnings imo, this time lowering the consensus to about .60 for the 4th Q , which would give full year earnings at 3.40 a share or so. Not bad for a stock trading at 23$ or so and paying 6.5 % dividend per annum.
    I was loading up under 23 $ today, with the earnings release coming up in a few days. I anticipate another earnings beat, might not be 50% earnings beat like last time, but even 25% should create a nice move up.
    This one is a buy and hold. Target for me is well over 30$ in the next 6 months.