Romil Patel's Journal

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Romil C Patel, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Romil C Patel

Romil C Patel New Member

With what's going on in the market currently, it seems as though the fundamentals are being thrown out the window. Currently, I'm using my trend following system to show me when the bullish momentum will return to the market.

From a global macro perspective, I believe we are going into an inflationary recession. My fingers would get tired typing all the reasons why and the history of the monetary system which is causing this, also I know most of you would get bored reading it, so I will leave it for another time and place. On the other hand, if you're like me and have a stronghold in the macro and/or are interested in the subject, I have a podcast called Alpha Action, where I make daily episodes, and will make a podcast episode on Wednesday covering my long term macro perspective, if you're interested.

I'm bearish in the short term on the market, but bullish midterm. I'm bearish short term(2 weeks), based on my technical analysis. Midterm though I believe all that monetary stimulus and fiscal stimulus of 4+ trillion will bring higher inflation and have a positive impact on the markets. For these reasons, I have placed a put front spread on QQQ, with a 92% probability of profit.

A single stock I was looking to play when the market starts to rebound is BRK.A/BRK.B. If they keep going down the way they are they have the possibility to become 5 baggers since they were already undervalued. They are trading at a p/e of 5 and have y/y revenue growth of 4%, even with the growth in the cash pile. Also, the use of no debt makes this a less risky bet, and they have 30% of their portfolio in cash, ready to buy when the market bottoms with cheap valuations.

Other than that feel free to ask me any questions you may have!