Ripple BULL RUN

Discussion in 'Crypto Forum' started by KyleLennon, Apr 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

Analysts provided some reasons why Ripple rebounded.

1. Altcoins can be purchased by using US dollars on Binance in the future.
    2. XRP performance.
    3. Tax season is over.
    4. Market optimism.

What makes me interested in Ripple again is because it promises to transform banking system by using blockchain technology. Currently, many renowned banks and payment providers are the clients of the company.

Do you think Ripple will raise to $1 recently?

#1 KyleLennon, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Onepoint272 likes this.
  2. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

Many renowned banks and payment providers are the clients of the company. Ripple aims at enhancing the efficiency of cross-border payments for its clients who make transactions worth billions every day.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  3. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

A week ago a class-action lawsuit was filed against the CEO of Ripple, Brad Garlinghouse, as well as the parent company Ripple Labs. The lawsuit claims that the cryptocurrency is scamming people. It was filed in California by Rippleā€™s very own investors.

This might be the main reason why Ripple price dropped 16%.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  4. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

Ripple has been working on a deal with the Bank of America, the latest institution to jump into the cryptocurrency market.

The deal will help make the Bank of America more accessible to the average consumer, opening up accounts for Ripple traders who otherwise may not have been able to use the bank's services. It has a number of bank partnerships, including Santander and Master Card that have elevated the cryptocurrency in the minds of retail investors.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  5. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

The partnership with major financial institutions and banks (Santander, MoneyGram, and Western Union) places XRP at the leading position of general cryptocurrency adoption.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  6. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

A few days ago, Ripple released somewhat disappointing figures for Q2'18. Ripple holds a vast amount of the total supply of XRP in an escrow account that will not be fully paid out for the next several years. Q2 saw a sharp decline in Ripple-initiated XRP sales compared to Q1: sales were down 56%, dropping from $168 million worth of XRP sold in the first three months of the year to $74 million sold in the second three months.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  7. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

8. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

So, some friends of mine are heavily invested in XRP and I know very little about it. Apparently the lawsuit is expected to be settled soon. I'd be interested in someone bringing this thread up to date.

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The one big argument against it in the long term is that any financial institution can very easily set up their own blockchain or token and do what Ripple does.

Personally I don't follow it too closely, I feel there just is not much innovation behind XRP anymore, but it obviously moves pretty fast as we can see by the short term chart!

Onepoint272 likes this.