Retired Military

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by slick8, Jul 12, 2020.

1. slick8

slick8 New Member

Hello, I am a new investor to the stock market, I am looking for any advise on how to find decent stocks and tips on how to start, I have already opened an account with TD ameritrade and have 5-10 grand to play with, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Mark LeRoy
    101ST ENG
    SSG

2. Weston Gross

Weston Gross Member

3. slick8

slick8 New Member

Thank You

4. slick8

slick8 New Member

how do I find decent stock? where do I look?

5. slick8

slick8 New Member

I will pay for good intel

6. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

Reading. Barron's. Wall Street Journal. Online publication is probably fresher information than waiting for a Newsweek or Time magazine in the mail. Yahoo offers opinions. Some people turn to cable shows on Bloomberg and CNBC. CNN offers a business section.

I would not recommend social media posts. Less savvy traders are manipulated on social media and online forums. Even this forum. Pump and dump schemes.

Let's say I find a penny stock like Genius brands, or a company in bankruptcy like Hertz. My team and all of our "bots" flood the internet message boards, hashtags, Tweets, re-Tweets. Then in premarket hours, we flood the market with buys, causing the stock to open higher with forward momentum. Continue to stir amateurs with buying hype, causing an artificial inflation. First we sell. Take profit. As our sizeable investment is sold, it starts the price drop. Then we short the stock on the way down to make more money.

Here's 1 of the many news outlets that I look at. You may find something useful. You can't buy or sell 5 Guys. But it is still useful information. How does the industry of fast-food change and adapt? Will this effect sales? Who do they buy meat from? Privately held In-N-Out buys from privately held Harris Ranch. In-N-Out is owned by Christians who print Bible quotes on food wrappers. In today's world, will that influence sales? People boycott Chik-Fil-A because of politics and religion. Advertisers boycott Facebook for not censoring free speech. Screenshot_2020-07-12-19-43-51.png Screenshot_2020-07-12-19-46-21.png Screenshot_2020-07-12-20-01-11.png

7. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

If you think about stocks in gas stations and convenience stores, reading a trade journal could be advantageous. Convenience Store News.

$MPC $GTY $SVC $TA $CASY SVC

Screenshot_2020-07-12-20-08-23.png

#7 A55, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020