PLTR - Palantir Technologies Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by stock1234, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

Dumped my position 100%

Still in TSLA
    Increased BITCOIN

Only hold those 2 Long term.

2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

It's just hovering at the year's low, tantalizingly close to breaking down.

Onepoint272, T0rm3nted and Rustic1 like this.
  3. jonebone

jonebone Member

Been watching this one closely for a couple weeks, since noticing Cathie is accumulating heavily in the $30 to $25 range. Contemplating a small position. Have been holding off waiting to see a volume indicator and today volume is in there. Can't make up its mind whether it wants to go up or down though, and I suspect the sharp move is coming in the near future.

4. IPFRLY

IPFRLY New Member

I am buying a very small position with a limit buy of $23.70. Looks like there is some volume??? So that means everyone should stay away...LOL...I am a old newbie

5. Rustic1

Nice drop. :D Patience people.

6. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

No change in the fundamental, thus will hold my shares bought at $26.76 for at least 5+ years.

7. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Confirms my thesis that the stops under the 20.18-low will likely be taken out eventually.

A Wyckoff Student Notebook | Page 52 | Stockaholics

Rustic1 likes this.
  8. TGInvesting

TGInvesting New Member

Anyone buying the dip?

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd be watching for a breakout and hold above this orange hourly resistance line for a move then up to $27. If it breaks below the orange wedge line, I'd expect support tested again at the pink daily support lines I've got drawn in at $22.51 and $21.07.

upload_2021-3-10_15-47-58.png

Legend: Orange = hourly, white = minute, Pink = daily. Levels I'm watching.

Bullish case.

Break the current wedge on this hourly chart. Clear sailing up to $27 if that breaks and holds for a couple candles in my opinion. There will then be heavy resistance at $27. If that breaks, clear sailing up to the supply zone at $30-$31.50 or so. Breaking that will probably be enough momentum to clear the daily resistance at $32.58. That's the levels I'd be watching anyways.

Bearish case.

If the wedge is clearly lost with a few hourly candles, I'd expect the two daily support levels tested at $22.51, then $21.07.

hipchack and Onepoint272 like this.
  10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Highlighted in blue above where we are now

upload_2021-3-12_12-16-28.png

11. Rustic1

This is another one with longterm potential. Its given up some gains and has the earlier longs trapped. Patience almost always pays off to find a better deal. I took a position in the past, felt downside pressure was inbound and got out.
    Still on my list but not at the moment.

12. Rustic1

Close enough. Back in 21.86. :cool2:

13. Rustic1

If there are value investors out there like me, this is one to park some cash for a longterm hold. Some of the earlier investors are upside down due to being impatient and possibly not understanding what DIRECT LISTINGS are and how they operate.

This one could go lower, time will tell. Its at a level where I see true value longterm and waited for a entry price much lower than others such as Cathie Wood. :D

Definitely worth the plunge or putting on watch.

14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

You beat Cathie Wood by a little for sure. You're crushing me. But again, I said it was 5+ year hold for me. Obviously should have waited though.

Cathie's average price, just based on the days she's placed the orders is probably around $23. She didn't buy her first lot until the 24's IIRC.

Rustic1 likes this.
  15. Rustic1

This poor thing has become a bagholders nightmare. Nobody is enthused and it keeps being driven down. Longterm potential, on watch. I'm not a buyer yet. :D

Screenshot_20210419-092901_Chrome.jpg

16. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

A bagholder here but I am more than willing to hold it for 5 years +.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  17. The Ragin Cajun

The Ragin Cajun Active Member

Bagholder, hah, works perfect for me! More time to continue buying at better prices is all that means to me. Bought in my first round at 10, second round at 17 and third round/fourth rounds both in the low 20's, that works for me. Has anything changed regarding the companies outlook and business fundamentals? nope. Everything looks good to me.

18. Rustic1

Bagholder is someone that bought at or near the top and is now forced to wait on the HOPIUM method, having capital unnecessarily tied up in a stock that is clearly downtrending.

We focus on teaching people that stocks have buy/sell signals. It is easier to follow the trend, buy on weakness and sell on the upward movement. By keeping the profit in shares and freeing up your original cash you can have a chance to pursue other companies.
    Some of us see the buy n hold mentality of people that ultimately become bagholders and have no choice other than to the maybe someday crowd.

We all have different styles that perform different ways.

If you are comfortable holding long and having capital tied up then I highly recommend you stay with your plan.

19. Rustic1

This one keeps bleeding off the recent gains, days like today we can let the sellers and shorts do their magic and keep it on watch. Instead of buying shares and investing a ton of cash, we are looking at calls and leaps.
    A great way to employ leverage with a small amount of capital.

20. Rustic1

21.56 Taking a few positions today, this is 1. ARK, seems to be back at decent prices again, time to give Cathie some love.