Newb Mineral investor

Discussion in 'Investing' started by Kente Sharpe, May 26, 2020.

1. Kente Sharpe

Kente Sharpe New Member

Hello community!

I'm relatively new to trading, I'm no professional and do my own trading (as I'm sure some of you do to) but I'm interested in pursuing some investments in the rare earth sectors (processing/manufacturing). I know there's lots of talk about reopening America's manufacturing engine and that through an executive order the US Government is looking to reopening a bunch of mines and factories back home.

Maybe this is a newb question, but what would you all say are some good stocks for this sort of opportunity? Or, what are some metrics to consider?

2. Chip_master

Chip_master New Member

Where to start...

I would say what you're asking is pretty vague still. I recommend a little more specificity on your part. What sort of sort of industries use the materials you're interested in? Technology, construction, aerospace, automotive, etc... See how the minerals you're interested in play a part in their manufacturing. Really, just increasing your basic knowledge about the minerals themselves can really play a huge role on your portfolio, compared to someone who knows very little.

Essentially, the choices are ultimately yours here and no one wants to give advice in case it's bad. You have to take your own risks and if you ask for advice you'll have to be a bit more specific.

When looking into mining or exploratory companies, you have to consider (like any company) their earnings growth, debt-equity ratio, price-earning-ration, stability and how strong an industry is now and how stable you think the industry will be tomorrow.

Just some basics can go a long way.

Though I must ask, which minerals are you interested in and why?

Kente Sharpe likes this.
  3. Kente Sharpe

Kente Sharpe New Member

Sorry, Yes.
    I have always been fascinated with how things are made and instead of investing in individual brands, I thought I might invest in the material that makes all the stuff I like.

And since I'm "forward-looking" I want something that has great future potential and ROI. I'm thinking that I want to invest in gold, zinc and magnesium when it comes to mining or processing. I think those are some good picks for materials used in the tech industry?
    For space I want to invest in Tesla but that's too expensive for me right now, though I know I can invest in ETFs, but I thought I could start smaller.

If I could invest in a company that maybe builds pieces for the ship or uses one of the minerals i've listed, that would be great.

Im definitely not looking to short and am looking for longer term investment opportunity.

What you've said was very useful, thanks so much for your insight!

4. Gold Is Real Money

Gold Is Real Money New Member

When it comes to stocks stay with the base metal miners and In gold you always want to invest in the physical gold and not the miners. ( i work in the mining industry) This is my mining stock portfolio
    https://m1.finance/s1xN2Zajk8GC
    Feel free to take a look if you like

gold miners are always upside down. Their cost is just way to high because the gold being more concentrated in the rock now and much deeper , and a lot cooking the books goes on.

5. Small time investor

I like First Cobalt (FTSSF). The stock is low, they are following their plan well, and hope to be producing cobalt for the North American market soon. They just announced a possible partnership in mining some of the silver they have also. Looking good.

https://www.firstcobalt.com/

I am long FTSSF.