Motley fool

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brokeonabeach, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Brokeonabeach

Brokeonabeach New Member

Hi, so started trading in 2019 on td. Made some, lost some, made it back. Anyway I got an offer from my amex card to basically get a free motley fool subscription for a year and tried it out, seems like they just want to sell me more subscriptions. Any one else's thoughts? And any one have any good experiences with subscriptions like that for research and ideas?

emmett kelly likes this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I come across their articles a lot, but never bothered with a subscription.

The whole "This stock is going to be the next Apple!" click bait bothers me.

But if you got it for free, go for it!

TomB16, Syynik and Rustic1 like this.
  3. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

They are bombarding the net with 50% off subscriptions.

If I discover the best thing since sliced bread, I will keep that info to myself.

Brooke Radcliffe likes this.
  4. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

Now that you have gotten responses, you owe it to us to post the contents of any ""All In" Stock Buy Alert" articles. It'll be good entertainment :popcorn:

Rustic1 likes this.
  5. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

motley fool articles show up on my mobile device. i don't subscribe but do add their recommended stocks (free ones) to my watch list.

StockJock-e and Rustic1 like this.
  6. Brokeonabeach

Brokeonabeach New Member

I'll just sum it up for you
    "Now that you have the 100 dollar subscription we'll give you the opportunity to pay 600 dollars to get the real good recommendations"
    Seriously that's at least half of the emails

Rustic1 likes this.
  7. Rustic1

Its on sale. 50% off. That gets you on the D list that is sold by the C list that is sold by the B list that the A list preloaded 6 months ago. Much like CRAMER its a tierd pump n dump. Or you can do a little research and value investing free.

8. Syynik

Syynik Well-Known Member

I learned a LOT reading The Motley Fool, but boy, do I ever hate their constant ads now.

TomB16 likes this.
  9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Motley Fool used to be an enjoyable read. It seemed to be a voice of clarity among mindless media drones.

These days, they drone as much as anyone else and I wrote them off as worthless a few years ago but I have not forgotten their excellent start as an investing resource.

Syynik likes this.
  10. Brooke Radcliffe

Brooke Radcliffe New Member

Tou mean those are ads? Sh*t it sounded like they were all premonition articles on paying to find the next Netflix, Amazon, google etc..Back tithe drawing board. I thought I just paid, picked, clicked and it was as easy as 1,2,and3....lol

Syynik and TomB16 like this.
  11. Rustic1

I listen to the ads and try to find the stock they are promoting, out of boredom. The Singapore one was fun. These type advertisers are victims of the winds of change, much like the old adage of needing to have all of your money tied up in the markets. Millennials are taking the reigns from the boomers Electric cars and digital money, the only motley fools are the ones that refuse to accept it.

12. Syynik

Syynik Well-Known Member

They reminded me of the conspiracy-edging freaks "WE'VE DONE THE RESEARCH, AND BEANS ARE THE NEW CURRENCY!!!!!" ads you'd hit on occasionally.