MDGL - Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by fireopal, May 31, 2018.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapeutic candidates for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, and liver diseases. The company's lead candidate is MGL-3196, an orally administered, small-molecule, liver-directed, thyroid hormone receptor (THR) ß-selective agonist, which is in Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia. It is also developing MGL-3745, a THR-ß-selective small molecule that is in preclinical trials. The company has research, development, and commercialization agreement with Hoffmann-La Roche to develop, use, sell, offer for sale, and import various licensed products. Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania.

O/S = 15.19M
    Float = 12.24M

Institutional holdings = 84.60%
    Insiders = 13.98%

Madrigal’s MGL-3196 Achieves Liver Biopsy Endpoints in Patients with Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) at 36 Weeks in Phase 2 Clinical Trial - https://finance.yahoo.com/news/madrigal-mgl-3196-achieves-liver-105000656.html

2. fireopal

Anyone here have any of this one? Great play for those that did & VKTX is another one to keep on radar (sympathy play) that also had a great run today. Definitely adding both to my watch list & am looking forward to phase 3!!!

3. fireopal

NASH stocks are hot & think they will be getting even hotter so some here might wanna keep them on radar. This one gave another real nice play today & i am seriously considering going long on a few - this being one of them.

4. fireopal

Decided to take a little time to do a little digging after checking out form 4's hitting SEC & seeing insider sells/oe @ $287. Looks like offering was expected to close "around" 6/11 but no news yet so they are still selling shares @ $305. AND my least favorite, GS is one of the underwriters which means i won't be shorting anytime soon and/or will have to wait on him to short his 15%!!

Is in overbought territory but still inclined to think it will do a double top before pulling back but not sure how much of a pull back there will be with GS on this....

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Off topic, but wasn't Madrigal the name of the German company in Breaking Bad that helped with drug trade? Every time I see this thread that's what I think of, even if that's not what the companies name was hahaha

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Madrigal Announces Positive Topline Results from the Pivotal Phase 3 MAESTRO-NASH Clinical Trial of Resmetirom for the Treatment of NASH and Liver Fibrosis