Looking To Broaden My Investing Knowledge

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GARP25, Apr 19, 2019.

1. GARP25

GARP25 New Member

Hello everyone. As someone returning to the world of equity and bond investing at the age of 25, I'm really looking forward to meet similar investors with varying insights on stocks and finance. I believe knowledge is power when used properly. I work as a customer service supervisor from home which gives me the opportunity to keep track of market and economic news.

I myself live here in Canada, but I look forward to a diversified portfolio of sectors and developed global markets. What I want to look for as evident by my username is solid growth companies, trading at a reasonable price. However, I have some dividend income focus as well since let's face it, eventually there will be another global recession down the road as there has not been a truly global one in some time. The time horizon for my holdings is a goal of 1-3 years, due to the uncertain global economic outlook. With me being just 25, the more I learn from trial and error early on should benefit me later on in life.

Some other hobbies of mine include classic and contemporary films, historical biography books and trading card games.

Thank you for reading!

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

GARP25 likes this.