James Thatcher's News Trade Journal

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by JamesThatcher, Apr 14, 2021.

1. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

Australia Cash Rate April 5 2022

What does the data mean to the market?

Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) board members come to a consensus on where to set the rate. Traders watch interest rate changes closely as short term interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.

A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the AUD, while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the AUD.

Historic deviations and their outcome

I will use forecasts of:

Interest Rate Statement 1.00

Today's trade plan

I will trade from a 0.25% deviation from the forecast, as no change is expected I will be holding for some time.

Tradable pairs

AUDCAD
    AUDJPY
    AUDNZD
    AUDUSD
    EURAUD
    GBPAUD

Hope this helps but please do your own analysis!!

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.[​IMG]

2. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

3. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

Canada Employment Change April 8 2022

[​IMG]

Employment Change is the total number of people employed/changed in the previous month. More employment is positive for the Canadian dollar and would create a buy of CAD pairs. Also, at the same time comes the Unemployment Rate, which has the reverse impact; a higher Unemployment Rate is negative for the Canadian Dollar. Therefore, more people in employment is good for the currency's value as it indicates a stronger economy.

April 9 2021 Massive deviations across the 3 important lines of Employment Change, Full Time, and Unemployment Rate gave us a nice move, and the opportunity to bank a little profit.

Check out the price action here:
    https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...0wNC0wOSUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RDQUQ7cj1TMzA

March 12 2021 Big deviation, which saw a solid move, Strong Employment Change numbers and Unemployment Rate, gave a 1.0% deviation from the forecast! In previous times we might have got more pips from these numbers, but this still worked great.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...0wMy0xMiUyMDEzOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RDQUQ7cj1TMzA

I will use forecasts of:

Employment Change 80
    Unemployment Rate 5.35

Today's trade plan

It's not often we get to trade this Canadian report without having to worry about US Non-Farm Payrolls simultaneously. Today is one of the rare occasions that we can trade it unincumbered.

If we see a deviation of +/- 75k in either direction from the forecast on the headline Employment change, and no conflict with the Unemployment Rate, we should get a nice reaction.

I will also watch the breakdown of Full and Part-Time employment numbers ensuring that the Full-Time figure doesn't conflict with the direction of the trade.

Today I will opt for USDCAD and not EURCAD as the Euro is riskier due to the conflict in Ukraine.

Tradable pairs

EURCAD
    USDCAD

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.

4. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

The Week Ahead 11th April 2022
    [​IMG]
    In the week ahead I'll be closely looking at the following releases.

12th April 2022 13:30 GMT US Core CPI m/m

See the report history here
    https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...jtuYmM9VVM7bm49Q29yZSUyMENQSSUyMCUyOE1vTSUyOQ

13th April 2022 02:00 GMT New Zealand Official Cash Rate

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...9UkJOWiUyMEludGVyZXN0JTIwUmF0ZSUyMERlY2lzaW9u

13th April 2022 15:00 GMT Canadian Overnight Rate

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...49Qm9DJTIwSW50ZXJlc3QlMjBSYXRlJTIwRGVjaXNpb24

5. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

United States Core CPI m/m April 12 2022
    [​IMG]

The Core Consumer Price Index (CPI) measures the changes in the price of goods and services, excluding food and energy. The CPI measures price change from the perspective of the consumer. It is a key way to measure changes in purchasing trends and inflation.

A higher than expected number is positive/bullish for the USD, a lower than expected number is negative/bearish for the USD.
    There are 4 lines of data.

CPI - Core (M/M) - Headline
    CPI - Core (Y/Y)
    CPI - (M/M)
    CPI - (Y/Y)

August 11 2021 A small conflict on headline YY prevented a good follow-through, but still, we saw a nice spike. Notice how GBPUSD is outperforming other FX pairs now on US news!

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wOC0xMSUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1TNQ

July 13 2021 A strong 0.5 positive deviation with support from the other 3 lines created a reasonable and safe move on many pairs, especially EURUSD.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wNy0xMyUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1NMQ

June 10 2021 Reasonable deviation but a little continuation on USD pairs. This was mainly because The US Federal Reserve Board indicated it would look through positive inflation and won't change monetary policy on the back of high inflation. Therefore a sell would have been better on this release.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wNi0xMCUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1NMQ

I will use forecasts of:

CPI - Core (M/M) 0.5
    CPI - Core (Y/Y) 6.6
    CPI (M/M) 1.2

Today's trade plan

Today I'm looking for a deviation of +/- 0.2% on ANY of the 4 lines to trigger a buy or sell.

I will confirm that all others lines deviate in the same direction, I will not accept a conflict on any other three lines!

CPI - Core (M?M)
    CPI - Core (Y/Y)
    CPI - (M/M)
    CPI - (Y/Y

If they all lineup, we should bank some good pips today.

With year on year inflation standing at nearly double the average inflation in normal times. I don't believe the markets will tolerate any more hyperinflation. Therefore, Today either buys or sells will work with a trigger of 0.2%

Tradable pairs

EURUSD
    GBPUSD
    USDJPY

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.

6. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

New Zealand Official Cash Rate April 13 2022
    [​IMG]

The Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) governor decides to set the rate after consulting senior bank staff and external advisers. Traders watch interest rate changes closely as short term interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.

A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the NZD, while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the NZD.

August 18 2021 Today was unanimously forecast that they would like the rate to 0.50% however they didn't do so and kept rates at 0.25% This was classed as a deviation to the downside of 0.25% and we saw some 50 pips move in the first minute with some 25 pips of continuation.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...AyMS0wOC0xOCUyMDI6MDowMC4wO3M9TlpEVVNEO3I9UzE

November 13 2019 A shock +0.25 deviation created a fantastic move over 85 pips in the first minute, with price pushing higher for some time after the news release, a great move to bank a healthy amount of pips.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...xOS0xMS0xMyUyMDE6MDowMC4wO3M9TlpEVVNEO3I9UzEw

August 7 2019 RBNZ was highly expected to cut the rates on this occasion; however they held the rates, therefore a no change here I classed it as a 0.25 deviation which saw a healthy 90 pip move, another great opportunity to bank those pips.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...E5LTA4LTA3JTIwMjowOjAwLjA7cz1OWkRVU0Q7cj1TMTA

I will use forecasts of:

Interest Rate 1.25

Today's trade plan

Today the forecast is for a hike to the interest rate to 1.25%. There are varying predictions; the market has priced in a hike to 1.50% therefore I will take a sell if they increase only to 1.25% and a buy if they hike to 1.50%

I would prefer a sell.

Tradable pairs

EURNZD
    GBPNZD
    NZDJPY
    NZDUSD

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

7. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

Canada Overnight Rate April 13 2022

[​IMG]

Bank of Canada (BOC) governing council members come to a consensus on where to set the rate.

Traders watch interest rate changes closely as short term interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.

A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the CAD, while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the CAD.

March 4 2020 A surprise cut by 0.75% however with the global pandemic taking hold around the world it was no surprise this only saw a 60 pip move.

See the report history here https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...C0wMy0wNCUyMDE1OjAwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RDQUQ7cj1NMQ
    https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...IwLTAzLTA0JTIwMTU6MDowMC4wO3M9VVNEQ0FEO3I9UzE

I will use forecasts of:

Interest Rate 1.00

Today's trade plan

Today we're forecast for a hike in the rate to 1.00%. The market has however priced in a further hike to 1.25%, but will they go further and hike to 1.50%? That would be the preferred trade however I'll also take a sell on only a small hike as Cad should drop off if they only hike to 1.00%

Tradable pairs

CADJPY
    EURCAD
    GBPCAD
    USDCAD

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

8. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

9. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

Australia CPI q/q April 27 2022
    [​IMG]

The Consumer Price Index (CPI) measures the change in the price of goods and services from the consumer's perspective. It is a key way to measure changes in purchasing trends and inflation. The impact on the currency may go both ways. A rise in CPI may lead to a rise in interest rates and a rise in local currency. On the other hand, during the recession, a rise in CPI may lead to a deepened recession and a fall in local currency.

The RBA has a dual mandate of reduced unemployment and achieving higher inflation, So we hope a surprise increase in the CPI figures could fuel a new debate for the RBA on when it would begin tapering/reduced quantitative easing.

April 28 2021 Negative deviations on all lines saw a fantastic move; the Trimmed mean was heavily supported by the Headline QQ, pushing the AUD dollar to new lows!

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wNC0yOCUyMDE6MzA6MDAuMDtzPUFVRFVTRDtyPVMxMA

January 27 2021 Headline Q/Q and Y/Y gave +0.2. Trimmed Mean was flat, though so not ideal. The move was respectable, lasting a good 30 seconds!

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wMS0yNyUyMDA6MzA6MDAuMDtzPUFVRFVTRDtyPVMxMA

July 29 2020 Trimmed mean gave a -0.2 deviation but we saw a conflict with the Headline CPI QQ and YY with a positive +0.1 so it wasn't a trade for me. It's worth noting that Trimmed Mean won the day and blew away the conflict.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...C0wNy0yOSUyMDE6MzA6MDAuMDtzPUFVRFVTRDtyPVMxMA

I will use forecasts of:

CPI - Trimmed Mean (Q/Q) 1.2
    CPI - Trimmed Mean (Y/Y) 3.4

Today's trade plan

If we see a deviation from the forecast of 0.3 on either line. Trimmed Mean CPI Q/Q or Trimmed Mean CPI Y/Y in either direction with no conflicts from the Headline CPI QQ and CPI YY. If they line up, we should see a prolonged move that we can bank some good pips from.

Tradable pairs

AUDUSD
    EURAUD

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

10. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

The Week Ahead 02nd May 2022

In the week ahead, I'll be looking closely at the following releases.

03rd May 2022 05:30 GMT Austrailian Cash Rate

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...49UkJBJTIwSW50ZXJlc3QlMjBSYXRlJTIwRGVjaXNpb24

05th May 2022 09:00 GMT Norweigan Rate Decision

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...M9Tk87bm49SW50ZXJlc3QlMjBSYXRlJTIwRGVjaXNpb24

05th May 2022 12:00 GMT UK Official Bank Rate

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...49Qm9FJTIwSW50ZXJlc3QlMjBSYXRlJTIwRGVjaXNpb24

06th May 2022 13:30 GMT US Non-Farm Employment Change

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...lbmRhcjtuYmM9VVM7bm49Tm9uZmFybSUyMFBheXJvbGxz

11. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

Australia Cash Rate May 3 2022
    [​IMG]

Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) board members come to a consensus on where to set the rate. Traders watch interest rate changes closely as short term interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.
    A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the AUD, while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the AUD.

I will use forecasts of:

Interest Rate Statement 0.25

Today's trade plan

Today the forcast is to raise the rates to 0.25% Therefore i will trade either outcome, If no raise and rates remain at 0.10% i'll take a sell. If the raise further to to 0.50% I'll take a buy.

Tradable pairs

AUDCAD
    AUDJPY
    AUDNZD
    AUDUSD
    EURAUD
    GBPAUD

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

12. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

United States Federal Funds Rate May 4 2022
    [​IMG]

Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) members vote on where to set the rate. Traders watch interest rate changes closely as short term interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.

A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the USD, while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the USD.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...49RmVkJTIwSW50ZXJlc3QlMjBSYXRlJTIwRGVjaXNpb24

I will use forecasts of:

FOMC Interest Rate Decision - Max 0.75

Today's trade plan

Today is a very rare occasion when there are varying forcasts of a change. I am using the forcast of 0.75% actual, therefore I wil take a take if the hike to 1.00% or leave the rates unchanged at 0.50%

Tradable pairs

EURUSD
    GBPUSD
    USDJPY

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

13. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

Norway NOK Rate Decision May 5 2022
    [​IMG]

The Norges Bank decision on where to set the benchmark interest rate. Traders watch interest rate changes closely as short term interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.

A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the NOK, while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish.

June 18 2020 7th May 2020

A further cut of 0.25% leaving interest rates at an unprecedented 0.00%

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...M9Tk87bm49SW50ZXJlc3QlMjBSYXRlJTIwRGVjaXNpb24

March 19 2020 20th March 2020

A further emergency cut of 0.75% to the interest rate, Leaving interest rates at 0.25%

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...C0wMy0yMCUyMDA3OjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0ROT0s7cj1NMQ.

March 19 2020 13th March 2020

An emergency cut of 0.50% to the 1.5% interest rates due to the global pandemic unfolding and the expected significant expected impact on the economy is the first cut to interest rates since 2016

The world started to go into a meltdown as the realisation of a global pandemic began to unfold. There is no surprise the reaction to this was so poor, not even a blip on the charts.

Due to the unprecedented times this first in a series of emergency cuts which doesn't create anything near the reaction we would likely see if a cut of this nature happened in normal times. A reminder of the impact Covid had in 2020, which I'm glad to say is now behind us, and I'll be watching these announcements now and looking for a normal reaction to the data as it's released.
    https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...C0wMy0xMyUyMDA3OjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0ROT0s7cj1NMQ..

I will use forecasts of:

Interest Rate Decision 0.75

Today's trade plan

Today it is forecast for the rate to remain at 0.75%. All economists predict this therefore, I will take a buy if they hike to1.00% or a sell if they cut the rates to 0.50%

This equates to a +/- 0.25% Deviation from the forecast of 0.75%

Tradable pairs

EURNOK
    USDNOK

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

14. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

United Kingdom Official Bank Rate May 5 2022
    [​IMG]

Bank of England (BOE) monetary policy committee members vote on where to set the rate. Traders watch interest rate changes closely as short term interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.

A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the GBP, while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the GBP.

See the report history here :
    https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...49Qm9FJTIwSW50ZXJlc3QlMjBSYXRlJTIwRGVjaXNpb24

I will use forecasts of:

Interest Rate Statement 1.00

Today's trade plan

Today the official forecast is for the rate to be hiked to 1.00% Therefore I will be looking to take a buy or sell on an deviation of 0.25% in either direction

Tradable pairs

EURGBP
    GBPUSD

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

15. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

United States Non-Farm Employment Change May 6 2022
    [​IMG]

The headline data of Non-Farm Payrolls (NFP) reflects the change in the number of people employed during the previous month. A higher number of people employed is good for the US economy and would create a buying opportunity on the USD. Vice versa, a lower number would be bad for the US and would generate a sell on the USD.

NFP comes out with six lines of data which makes this report far more complex. The other two significant lines of data I watch are the Unemployment Rate and Average Earnings.

The Unemployment Rate, a lower number, is good for the USD and vice versa. Whereas Average Earning a higher number is better for the US economy and vice versa.

All three lines must deviate in the same direction. I will not tolerate a conflict from either UR and AE.

September 3 2021 Today I saw a massive deviation of -515k on the headline Non-farm Payrolls with Unemployment Rate coming out as expected. We saw a decent 20 pip move with continuation after that for the next few minutes. Noticeably GBPUSD worked better on this report.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wOS0wMyUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1NMQ

August 6 2021 A small 74 deviation actually created a nice move but mainly because UE helped with a 0.3 deviation.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...0wOC0wNiUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1TMTA

July 2 2021 A decent size 130 deviation gave an excellent spike, but with a 0.3 conflict from Unemployment Rate, we soon saw the move being snuffed out, seeing a severe retrace, just as expected. But, again, this shows the importance of looking at all lines of data.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wNy0wMiUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1NMQ

I will use forecasts of:

Average Hourly Earnings (M/M) 0.40
    Change in NonFarm Payrolls 391,000
    US Average Hourly Earnings (Y/Y) 5.5

Today's trade plan

I will be focusing on Average Earnings Y/Y and want this to deviate by at least +/- 0.2% with supporting deviation from the headline NFP to deviate by at least 75k.

I will not tolerate conflicts from Average Earnings M/M

I will ignore all other lines.

This one can get volatile immediately after the data is released while the market digests the numbers. Hold onto your hats. This one is not for the fainthearted.

Tradable pairs

EURUSD
    GBPUSD
    USDJPY

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

16. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

17. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

United States Core CPI m/m May 11 2022

[​IMG]

The Core Consumer Price Index (CPI) measures the changes in the price of goods and services, excluding food and energy. The CPI measures price change from the perspective of the consumer. It is a key way to measure changes in purchasing trends and inflation.

A higher than expected number is positive/bullish for the USD, a lower than expected number is negative/bearish for the USD.
    There are 4 lines of data.

CPI - Core (M/M) - Headline
    CPI - Core (Y/Y)
    CPI - (M/M)
    CPI - (Y/Y)

August 11 2021 A small conflict on headline YY prevented a good follow-through, but still, we saw a nice spike. Notice how GBPUSD is outperforming other FX pairs now on US news!

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wOC0xMSUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1TNQ

July 13 2021 A strong 0.5 positive deviation with support from the other 3 lines created a reasonable and safe move on many pairs, especially EURUSD.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wNy0xMyUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1NMQ

June 10 2021 Reasonable deviation but a little continuation on USD pairs. This was mainly because The US Federal Reserve Board indicated it would look through positive inflation and won't change monetary policy on the back of high inflation. Therefore a sell would have been better on this release.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...S0wNi0xMCUyMDEyOjMwOjAwLjA7cz1VU0RKUFk7cj1NMQ

I will use forecasts of:

CPI - Core (M/M) 0.40
    CPI - Core (Y/Y) 6.00
    CPI (M/M) 0.20
    CPI (Y/Y) 8.10

Today's trade plan

Today I'm looking for a deviation of +/- 0.2% on ANY of the 4 lines to trigger a buy or sell.

I will confirm that all others lines deviate in the same direction, I will not accept a conflict on any other three lines!

CPI - Core (M?M)
    CPI - Core (Y/Y)
    CPI - (M/M)
    CPI - (Y/Y

If they all lineup, we should bank some good pips today.

With year on year inflation standing at nearly double the average inflation in normal times. I don't believe the markets will tolerate any more hyperinflation. Therefore, Today either buys or sells will work with a trigger of 0.2%

Tradable pairs

EURUSD
    GBPUSD
    USDJPY

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

18. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

Mexico MEX interest Rate May 12 2022
    [​IMG]

Mexico's central bank votes on where to set the countries interest rate.

Traders watch interest rate changes closely as interest rates are the primary factor in currency valuation.

A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the MXN (Mexican Peso), while a lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the MXN.

June 24 2021 A shock hike in the rate by 0.25 basis points saw three minutes of continuing price action, making for a lovely trade and lots of opportunity to bank loads of pips.

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...yMS0wNi0yNCUyMDE4OjA6MDAuMDtzPVVTRE1YTjtyPVMx

November 12 2020 We saw an increase of +18 basis point (bps) from the average forecast, which created a massive 546 pip move in the first minute following the data release, that's an average of 30 pips per basis point. Great move!

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...yMC0xMS0xMiUyMDE5OjA6MDAuMDtzPVVTRE1YTjtyPVMx

I will use forecasts of:

Interest Rate 7.00

Today's trade plan

I'll be looking to take a trade if they hike further than the expected 7.00% or a sell if they only hike to 6.75% or dont hike at all.

I'll be looking to bank around 800 pips if we get a trade

Tradable pairs

USDMXN

Good luck!!

James Thatcher

19. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

The Week Ahead 16th May 2022
    [​IMG]
    In the week ahead, I'll be looking closely at the following releases.

18th May 2022 02:30 GMT Australian WPI (Q/Q)

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...49V2FnZSUyMFByaWNlJTIwSW5kZXglMjAlMjhRb1ElMjk

19th May 2022 02:30 GMT Australian Employment Change

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...mRhcjtuYmM9QVU7bm49RW1wbG95bWVudCUyMENoYW5nZQ

19th May 2022 14:00 GMT (Approx) South African Interest Rate

https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...M9WkE7bm49SW50ZXJlc3QlMjBSYXRlJTIwRGVjaXNpb24

20. JamesThatcher

JamesThatcher Member

Australia AU WPI (Q/Q) May 18 2022

[​IMG]

The Wage Price Index measures the change in the price businesses, and the government pay for labour, excluding bonuses. It is a leading indicator of consumer price inflation.

A higher than expected number should be taken as positive/bullish for the AUD, while a lower than expected number should be taken as negative/bearish for the AUD.

November 18 2020 A nice +0.3 dev created a prolonged but significant move in AUD price action.
    https://calendarapi.galaxysoftwarei...wLTExLTE4JTIwMDozMDowMC4wO3M9RVVSQVVEO3I9UzEw

I will use forecasts of:

WPI (Q/Q) 0.80

Today's trade plan

The Wage Price Index measures the change in the price businesses and the government pay for labour, excluding bonuses. It is a leading indicator of consumer price inflation.

A higher than expected reading should be taken as positive/bullish for the AUD, while a lower than expected reading should be taken as negative/bearish for the AUD.

I am looking for a 0.3 deviation in either direction from the forecast. If this happens we would expect to see a slow move for maybe 15 pips on EURAUD.

Tradable pairs

AUDUSD
    EURAUD
    GBPAUD

Good luck!!

James Thatcher