Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. oldmanram

oldmanram Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone ,
    Long term investor from Washington here , just looking around ,

TomB16 likes this.
  2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stockaholics, Manram.

Please consider yourself among friends.

3. wonton3100

wonton3100 New Member

Ex-bank mgr, turned business owner, turned pseudo-retiree (due to covid/my business was/is in tourism industry ). Always gone long positions over the years, but due to boredom over the past year, loving finance still, and my insane love of money manipulation (ie making money grow from money fast or slow), I decided to teach myself more about the technical side of the market, opened an active trader account and, well, actually making what I consider respectable coin from it over the past year. I’ve found in life when I learn a bunch of new things, that I really know nothing.

oldmanram and Rustic1 like this.
  4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Wonton.

wonton3100 likes this.
  5. wonton3100

wonton3100 New Member

It’s really pretty boring watch the TSX (I don’t even consider the other Cdn markets worthy of a mention, sadly) compared to the Nasdaq, DJIA, Russell and such I agree.

6. wonton3100

wonton3100 New Member

Didn’t get in on GME, thankfully, just watched it all play out. What an interesting time in the markets. Did get sucked into buying some BB tho, but I did my DD on BB, and I feel it’s a good long hold. I guess I’ll see?!

T0rm3nted likes this.
  7. wonton3100

wonton3100 New Member

Thank you Tom. Are there many she/her Investor’s here? lol not that it matters, money is money, heyyy...but, I find it’s usually the dudes who do a lot of the trading. I’m trying to teach my 14-yo niece the value of understanding how to manage and invest money.

Rustic1 likes this.
  8. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, we are a very diverse community.

wonton3100 likes this.
  9. Bitterpills

Bitterpills New Member

Ex IT Systems Admin. Ex race car driver. Lover of punk rock. Retired early to take care of my mom. Long-term investor, focused on growth.

TomB16 likes this.
  10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome @Bitterpills! I hope your mother is doing ok. Love me some pop punk music, but guessing since you're retired we're probably into a different set of bands (I'm 32). Hope to see you around!

Bitterpills likes this.
  11. se7enom

se7enom New Member

Hello Everyone,

My name is Toly and I am new to this site. Enjoy trading and love to learn. Work fulltime but have time for my family and time to enjoy the outdoors - particularly overlanding, fishing, vacationing, sight-seeing, and hunting.

I joined because I want to know more and learn more from everyone. I hope to be able to contribute as well.

Cheers!

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome @se7enom, hope to see you around!

13. Bitterpills

Bitterpills New Member

Thanks T0rm, mom has many problems, but we are hanging in there. I didn't really discover punk until fairly late in life. Am still looking for new bands to love, but haven't found too many in recent years. A lot of my all-time faves were/are Lookout bands - The Eyeliners, The Groovie Ghoulies, Fabulous Disaster, MTX, The Queers, Screeching Weasel, The Riverdales. Other faves include Chixdiggit!, The Unlovables, The Muffs, The Kowalskis, The Apers, The Spazzys, The Dents, Bouncing Souls, Social Distortion, Visqueen. Somewhat more recent faves are The White Wires, The Interrupters, Lucero, Pat Todd & the Rankoutsiders, Baby Shakes, Archie Powell & the Exports, Pantones.

It's not too difficult to get me talking about rock & roll. :)

14. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Stockaholics is a sausage party with three exceptions, that I am aware of, but we are a respectful group and are very welcoming of new members. Perhaps with your help we will attract more ladies to the forum.

I don't know of any 14 year old boys with the patience to follow and learn about investing but girls are more mature at that age so I imagine it will go well. You are doing something wonderful for your niece and I'm sure she will treasure the time you spend together.

My wife couldn't care less about investing, finance, or tax. She wants me to take care of all that stuff.

My Mom has proven herself to be a very capable investor. She has been living on self generated wealth for 15 years and her net worth is going up, all the time.

I apologize if this is indiscreet but I believe the pool of capable investors has more women than men. Women seem to be better long term thinkers, as best I can tell. Greed seems to cloud the judgement of men, to a higher degree.

It's great to have you onboard. Please consider sharing your opinions and ideas. I look forward to your input.

#294 TomB16, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  15. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stockaholics. :)

The only band I've heard of in your list is Social Distortion but I am extremely old. I'm still mad as hell they stopped giving free phone books because they come in handy to prop me up to a better driving position with more visibility. Have you ever heard of The Ramones? Have you heard if Joey Ramone ever got his baby back from the KKK? As I recall, he was kind of broken up about it.

#295 TomB16, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Bitterpills likes this.
  16. Bitterpills

Bitterpills New Member

Love The Ramones - a huge percentage of my fave bands were inspired by them! Some even wrote songs about them - adding a couple below. :cool2:

Kitty & The Kowalskis - Oh Dee Dee - https://open.spotify.com/track/6TZD9f4waDZoHpqbXy9qk7?si=8XtDe6kKS0WGygoiQbiS6g

Sloppy Seconds - You Can't Kill Joey Ramone - https://open.spotify.com/track/1j865WP8oxDC4tMzMaRRF9?si=Vj2AfhV3SLO0UUBLjnpAXQ

TomB16 likes this.
  17. BobbyMoffet

BobbyMoffet New Member

Hiya, Posting from the UK. Long term health issues mean I am taking an active role in my pension though I hope to go back to work at some point. It means I am housebound and investing has given me an interest. For the last 3 years I have outperformed my old work pension funds and have started to move those funds into my self managed scheme. That is around 40% at the moment.

So I joined this board to learn more about the US markets. Ive done well by following the best performing mutual funds over the past year or two. Im a bit timid so I take profits and cash in when it gets overheated. Didnt do tesla because Musk seems unbalanced to me but did well from Chegg,Baidu and some other techs.

Tend to invest in things I understand which sadly limits my opportunities. Anyway thanks for reading and have a good day on the markets.

The pic isnt me by the way,its my first grandchild and I hope to be able to leave him something nice when I join the great majority.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  18. TGInvesting

TGInvesting New Member

Hello Everyone!

The name is Tyler and I am also a stock Youtuber who makes videos on companies and investment strategies if you guys are interested I would love to hear your feedback and cant wait to get involved more with this community. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw2yE5IFoUEF6KDLL592K_Q

19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome, just make sure you add more than just your YT links to your posts or it's going to be evident you're not trying to be a member of the community, and more just a promoter of your YT. Feel free to sum up the YT video in your posts along with the YT link.

PinkPrepper likes this.
  20. PinkPrepper

PinkPrepper New Member

Hello everyone~ My name is Rhonda and I am a novice investor. So far, success, however I am looking for trader type friends to share stock talk with! I crave knowledge and can't wait to learn what everyone here is doing.

I prefer day trading but hold a few stocks for short-long term as well.

So far I hold lots of risky stocks such as AMC, HCMC, EYES, NOK, and several other small stock investments.