How many Canadian members actually visit...

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by hitman, Sep 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Like the heading of this thread ask how many of you actually go and visit these gold/silver etc mining, oil and gas companies whether it's in Alberta or some of these exotic countries that you are bringing to the board to see if they actually exist. Are you just a promoter promoting, got a tip from your landscaper, pumping the flavour of the month or peddling a name from a newsletter. I'm old school so I just curious to see if there are any or alot of us old timers out there.

Stockaholic and Onepoint272 like this.
  2. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

The same question could be asked to Americans, how many of you actually visited the American companies that you own?

I own about 20 american stocks but i never visited the companies....

TomB16 likes this.
  3. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

I started the thread in the "Canadian" forum for a reason and I specified a few fields. So you own 20 american stocks are they stinky pinky or well known names. I trade names that are credible so no need for me to visit their companies I think you are missing the big picture.

#3 hitman, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Stockaholic likes this.
  4. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

I do believe that you missed the picture because it is not so that stocks that for you are credible must be credible towards me as an European. And vice versa.

In some way, you could also living in a "exotic country", your Parliament proves that every day.

Some of the "exotic" stocks that i own are from companies i worked for in my in my younger years as an engineer, but i have also other "exotic" stocks in my portfolio.

For these, there is only one way to know if they are credible and that is investigating it, means hard work because you have to read press releases, financial reports, etc...

Nothing is for free in this world unless it has no value.

TomB16 likes this.
  5. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a language thing or you are looking for likes or just want to post for post sake I don't know.

So let me paint the picture a little bit clearer for you.

"how many of you visit these gold/silver etc mining, oil and gas companies whether it's in Alberta or some of these exotic countries that you are bringing to the board to see if they actually exist".

Exotic countries meaning countries where they show rain forest blah blah on brochures(prospectus.. Busang) are you starting to get the picture or you don't understand it's okay to say that you don't understand, that's why this site exist so we old timers can try and steer young uns from getting scammed.

I had a look at the Int' Board at some of your post lol by the way I only look at the home page and might respond once in awhile I tend to stay in my thread.

Stockaholic likes this.
  6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Good point. We all believe in our own companies.

Also, I don't see anyone looking to be "corrected" on what is credible and what is not. We all bring a good degree of confidence in our perspective. The better our view, in this regard, the more we will be financially rewarded.

Speaking of credibility, if we had a reliable way to tell who is making money and who is not, it would likely change the alpha leadership structure on every forum. As it stands, forums contain a handful of people who boast about great returns but it's pretty rare to see someone post, "I tried this technique for 20 years and broke even or lost money. I recommend staying away from this technique." All we see are declarations of superiority and posters trying to assert alpha dominance but I highly doubt those posters bring any additional real value to the forum over less bragadocious posters.

The most successful investors I know in the real world are farmers and older folks who invest in companies they believe in and hold those investments for long periods. They universally have a pragmatic outlook. I know quite a few folks like this and not one of them brags about their returns. The people I know who brag about their returns are traders and I don't see them showing any signs of growing wealth.

Hitman has triggered good thoughts on how to find companies that bring real value versus companies that do not. That's the whole trick to investing, IMO.

#6 TomB16, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Marvan likes this.
  7. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

I'm not on this forum to brag that I have a bigger c**K than anybody else I'm just here to help. You keep insisting on returns of traders as to investors who do better. I'm a trader are you willing to show your returns for last year and YTD? I am if you are here is how I suggest we do it, if StockJockE don't mind we could email him our last year and ytd docs and he can compare our results and post his finding me as a trader or you as a investor plus credibility since it seems you are curious about my credibility.

Stockaholic likes this.
  8. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

I do not understand, you are not on this forum 'to brag' but you are clearly bragging! ( I'm a trader are you willing to show your returns for last year and YTD?)

I am an investor but also a trader, what's a name?

Wish you a lot of trades and profits anyway.

9. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

are you reading and comprehending what you read in the different posts.....or are you posting just for posting again I ask you this question?

You don't have to wish me shit I post my trades either day of or before and some of them i don't even bother because I don't want any newbie chasing something I probably play for maybe an hour or 2.

Go read post #6 again and again and again...... then maybe you might understand my response in post #7.

Have a nice day.

10. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

In a private message exchange, Marvan mentioned his penis is 13 inches long. Mine is only 11 so I will let him take the lead in this thread.

Good day, gentlemen.

Marvan likes this.
  11. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

You wroth that you are a trader, traders don't care about the content of companies, they just trade stocks.

In the light of above is is hard to under stain your first posting because for a good trader it is of no importance.

No need to be impolite.

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Closing this thread because it is not leading anywhere productive.

Marvan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.