Hey-

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Max384, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Max384

Max384 New Member

Hey everyone, been trading for a while now and decided to adventure into options and found myself in a pickle- hoping to get some answers!

Is there a certain forum to post in for dealing with options on Robinhood?
    Thanks!

TomB16 likes this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome @Max384. I’d suggest the “ask any question forum

Max384 likes this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Welcome.

There are quite a few knowledgeable option traders on this site. I've never used Robinhood so I can't help but I have full confidence the knowledge you seek is lurking in the forums.

Max384 likes this.
  4. Max384

Max384 New Member

Thanks I managed to get out of my bind- Robinhood doesn't give you any idea if you have a covered or naked option (at least on my app) and only allows you to buy them at limit prices (I always thought buying at asking prices constituted a covered option, while bidding does the opposite?) - I like to know exactly what I'm buying and not being left in the dark on what exactly I have. I have only used puts with them and those are straight forward. Learning lesson for sure and at least I got all my premium back before I lost my butt on it haha definitely need to do research on how exactly each of these self investor apps work. Thanks for the response!

TomB16 likes this.
  5. Max384

Max384 New Member

Thanks I found someone who quickly answered it- it would be nice to find someone who has experience directly with robinhoods options setup. Webull is much more expanded to use for sure-