Help- Conversations

Discussion in 'Forum support' started by ddebrazza, Jun 27, 2021.

1. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

How do you delete conversations? Like the "private," message between 2 members.

I see this "leave conversation," but it says when you receive a message the entire conversation will be restored, implying that our private messages are stored on a database?

Are "Conversations," not actually Private?

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I could be wrong, I'm only a moderator and not an administrator, but I believe all conversations on all forums are stored on a database. I can tell you I don't have access to your private messages. Paging the admin @StockJock-e for a more definite answer.

3. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Ew, I do not like this at all.

Yes, further clarification of the system and website policy would be appreciated.

Thank you

4. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Private messaging him right now a link to this thread.

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The only people who can see the conversations are the parties in that conversation.

If one party "leaves" it does not delete it because the other party has not chosen to leave it. If you are trying to stop talking to a somebody, block them and leave the conversation. That will stop you from being contacted again.

7. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

No, I am not concerned about trying to stop talking to someone. I am concerned about Privacy.

So a copy of the message will always exist on the Database?

Say I "left," and conversation. and then the other party also "left," the conversation. Does a copy of this conversation still exist on the server?

Are you saying that the administrator of this site does NOT have the ability to view Conversations?

8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The conversation is not deleted from the database, its in there somewhere. There is no button for an admin to click to see your PMs, but they are not deleted after you type them like snapchat. Any communication you make online like twitter, insta, facebook and reddit work the same way.