Hello I’m new here and to the stock market

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blvdm50, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Blvdm50

Blvdm50 New Member

hello, my name is Justin, I live in Florida, I’m 39 and brand new to investing. I recently downloaded the TD Ameritrade app and plan on using that. Currently looking for a dumbed downed version of definitions as I don’t understand any of the terms commonly used. I work night shift in an ER and have finally gotten myself out of debt. So for the first time in years I have a little extra money I would like to put to work.

2. Phil's Money

Phil's Money Member

Here's a few words of wisdom for you that you can hang your hat on. With today's market,, the normal is "manipulation",, with the "high frequency trading" and "naked shorting" ... today's market place is not for the, "weak at heart" you have to run with the trends,, bank some profits and try to minimize losses.. you can not let your emotions rule and get in the way of your trading..

3. Phil's Money

Phil's Money Member

I know your next question... What should I invest in???? What you should invest in???..in this economy,, with a fake market / economy ... you need to be in precious metals....the Government can't print Gold and Silver..the metals are going to be the best investment for the foreseeable future ...... don't ever say,,,,, you were never warned??

4. Phil's Money

Phil's Money Member

This will be the best trading advice you will ever get,,, when trading,,,,,, before getting into a position,,, step back and look at the "Big Picture" use the Monthly and Weekly stock charts,,,, to identify the stock trend...... than trade off the daily.....

5. Phil's Money

Phil's Money Member

Here is the Stock Market......lol

Attached Files:

andyvds likes this.
  6. Blvdm50

Blvdm50 New Member

Nicely condensed. Since I’m not educated with the definitions, what is naked shorting?

7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums @Blvdm50. Take a look around, ask questions as you get them, and participate. Best way to gain knowledge the fastest! Hope to see you around

8. RunninginHeels

RunninginHeels New Member

Blvdm50 not to hijack this thead, but kind of in the same boat. I used to trade in between classes during undergrad but that was eons ago and trading now is so different. So also hear to learn a few things, gain some knowledge and ask a sh*tload of questions. :)

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome!

10. Blvdm50

Blvdm50 New Member

Not hijacked at all. Thanks for your reply. I hope to learn.

11. Phil's Money

Phil's Money Member

feel free ,,, ask all the questions you want,,,, "I got the answers...."

gold crystall ball,,.jpg

12. Blvdm50

Blvdm50 New Member

Great! What’s naked shorting and spoofing bids mean? Sounds like rich folk slang

13. Phil's Money

Phil's Money Member

"Spoofing" is a practice in which traders attempt to give an artificial impression of market conditions by entering and quickly canceling large buy or sell orders..... Naked shorting is when traders sell stocks that they create out of thin air..... stock shares that they don't borrow from a broker...... It's illegal but, a common practice with Hedge Funds..... I think the Boys on Wall Street got the idea from the Federal Reserve..... That's what the Fed does,,,, gold sheep talking about Conspiricy .jpg