HEALTH CONCERN TOPICS

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

resuming this thread on here that was originally created by @OldFart on hsm ... was one of my go-to threads on the old board

2. DeCoty

DeCoty Member

40 year old white male with borderline high cholesterol (211). Been on a cholesterol diet for the past month to get it back down below 200 and I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling less manly about myself!!!!!! If I have to eat another salad, vegetable, oatmeal, multi grain crap, fruit or lean piece of meat I'm going to go all Caitlyn Jenner. I have to eat some steak fat, juice dripping double meat cheeseburger, something deep fried in the unhealthiest tub of lard I can find to get my testosterone levels back to manly levels.

Pray for me guys! I can feel the estrogen levels creeping up on me! :eek:

OldFart likes this.
  3. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

@DeCoty

sorry to hear that man...

4. OldFart

High global vaccine prices could worsen Angola’s deadly yellow fever outbreak
    https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/high-global-vaccine-prices-could-060028531.html

Angola is experiencing its worst yellow fever outbreak in 30 years, says the World Health Organization. The mosquito-borne disease was first reported in the capital Luanda in December last year. The disease has now infected more than 490 people and killed 198, says WHO.

The solution so far has been to launch a massive vaccination campaign, and WHO and its partners had already vaccinated 5.7 million people by the end of March. But a global shortage of the the already expensive yellow fever vaccine is thwarting efforts to stop the outbreak, and 1.5 million doses of the vaccine are still needed. For now, the outbreak has only affected six of Angola’s 18 provinces, but scientists fear that travelers and Angola’s large number of migrant Chinese workers may spread the disease beyond its borders.

In 2013, the vaccination cost 82 cents a dose for routine immunizations in Africa, according to WHO, a price most developing countries simply can’t afford. Last year, Doctors Without Borders released areport on the growing price of vaccines revealing that it is now 68 times more expensive to vaccinate a child than it was in 2001.

“If vaccine prices continue to spiral out of control, we will continue to see countries in Africa and around the world faced with difficult decisions about which deadly diseases they can and can’t afford to protect their children against,” Dr Myriam Henkens, International Medical Coordinator for Doctors Without Borders, said in a statement, urging the continent’s health ministers to speak out against high vaccine prices at a ministerial conference last month.

Angola has been one of the countries that benefited from Gavi, the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization. The Geneva-based public-private partnership subsidies vaccine prices for states with a gross national income lower or equal to $1,580 per capita.

Thanks to its economic growth, Angola is set to graduate from the program and fund its own vaccination programs within the next few years, but that means Angola could see an increase of up to 1,523% in its vaccine and immunization bills, according to Doctors Without Borders. But, the falling oil price has lead to budget cuts in Africa’s second largest oil producer, already struggling to providedecent public healthcare.

5. OldFart

Flu Outbreak Blamed As Deaths Hit 12-Year High
    http://news.sky.com/story/1674618/flu-outbreak-blamed-as-deaths-hit-12-year-high

The vast majority of the extra deaths coincided with increased hospital admissions for flu and outbreaks in care homes.
    Life expectancy has fallen in England and Wales as deaths hit a 12-year high last year - with a particularly bad flu season thought to be the major reason.

Men’s life expectancy dropped by 0.2 years - to 79.3, and by 0.3 years for women - to 82.9.

An extra 24,201 deaths were recorded among the over-75s, making up 86% of the overall increase.

The total rise was 28,189 (5.6%) - from 501,424 deaths in 2014 to 529,613 in 2015.

The vast majority (24,065) happened in the first three months of the year, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures.

Some 11,865 were in January 2015 alone, when the flu outbreak was at its worst.

Experts said the vaccine’s effectiveness dropped during that winter.

Dr Richard Pebody, from Public Health England, said the dominant strain was a H3 subtype which particularly affects the elderly because of its "intense nature”".

"Winter 2014/15 was unusual because the circulating flu strain also drifted, making the vaccine 34% effective, lower than the typical 50% we had seen in recent previous years," he said.

"It is possible that this exacerbated the situation further, leading to increased levels of excess mortality compared to recent seasons.

"The flu vaccine is updated every year and it is crucial that we remember that vaccination remains the best protection we have against the unpredictable flu virus."

Claudia Wells, head of mortality analysis at ONS, said the bulk of the extra deaths coincided "with an increase in hospital admissions for flu and reports of numerous outbreaks of the virus in care homes".

Overall, the number of deaths in England and Wales last year was the highest since 2003, when 539,151 people died.

6. OldFart

7. OldFart

Detoxing with 4000 mg vitamin c....in two days, I feel like I'm 20 again.
    Talk about a colon cleanse...lol...wow what a smell

fireopal likes this.
  8. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

wow cholesterol 211 just done my analysis and it is 240!!!! I eat mainly fruit- salad and cheese (that is my killer)... if I would eat what you mention my C. would be 400!!!!

9. OldFart

The cholesterol lie and how to lower cholesterol naturally

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/049230_cholesterol_lies_natural_health_heart_disease.html#ixzz46NdlJXfl

NaturalNews) Like many other things related to our health, we have been misled on the marketing efforts of certain fractions in the health industry. We have been conditioned to believe saturated fats are deadly, low fat products with artificial sweeteners are good for us, and GMOs pose no harm to the human physiology.

Although many of these myths are starting to be cleared up by those on the forefront of the natural health movement, one that has lagged behind is the truth about cholesterol and its role and effects on the human body.

The role and importance of cholesterol
    Our blood vessels become damaged in a variety of ways, through irritations caused by free radicals or viruses, or because they are structurally weak. When this weakness occurs, the body's natural defenses kick in and release a healing substance known as cholesterol. Cholesterol is a alcohol that is produced in the liver and in most human cells. It plays many vital roles in maintaining good health. Some of its important roles include:
    • Cholesterol gives our cells necessary stiffness and stability. Due to diets that contain an excess of polyunsaturated fatty acids (particularly omega 6), the saturated fatty acids in the cell membrane are replaced, which causes the cell walls to become flabby. When this occurs, cholesterol is driven into the tissues to give them structural integrity.
    • Cholesterol acts as precursor to hormones that help us manage stress and protect the body against heart disease and cancer.
    • Cholesterol is a precursor to vitamin D, an important fat-soluble vitamin needed for healthy bones, a healthy nervous system and immune system, good muscle tone, mineral metabolism, insulin production, and reproduction.
    • Its needed for production of bile salts, which are vital for digestion and assimilation of fats.
    • It acts as an antioxidant, which protects us from free radical damage that leads to heart disease and cancer.
    • It's needed for proper function of serotonin ("feel good" chemical) receptors in the brain. Low cholesterol levels have been linked to violent behavior, depression, and suicidal tendencies.
    • Mother's milk is very rich in cholesterol and contains a special enzyme that allows the baby to use this nutrient. Cholesterol rich foods are very important in the growing years to ensure proper development of the brain and nervous system.
    • Dietary cholesterol plays an important role in maintaining the health of the intestinal wall. A vegetarian diet low in cholesterol can often lead to leaky gut syndrome and other intestinal disorders.
    Unlike what we have been led to believe, cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease. It is a potent antioxidant that helps protect against free radicals in the blood, and it is a repair substance that helps heal arterial damage. However, cholesterol that is damaged by exposure to heat and oxygen becomes oxidized and can promote injury to the arterial walls as well as chronic build up of plaque in the arteries. Foods with damaged cholesterol include powdered eggs, milk, and meat that has been heated to high temperatures through cooking methods such as frying.

Interestingly enough, high serum cholesterol levels often mean the body is using high amounts of cholesterol to protect itself from high levels of altered, free-radical containing fats. Cholesterol is needed in a poorly nourished body to help protect the individual from things like heart disease and cancer.

About the author:
    Derek Henry took a deadly health challenge that conventional medicine couldn't solve and self-directed a one-in-a-million health journey that found him happier and healthier than he had been in his entire life. As a result of this rewarding journey, he now spends his time writing, coaching, and educating thousands of people each month who want to enjoy similar results under their own direction.

His signature online program, THRIVE, teaches people how to engineer their own health transformation, by addressing all the holistic factors that he utilized to create his own successful health story. Derek believes that anyone can create the health they desire with the right mentor, details, and motivation to be well.

DeCoty and Ciao (Sheppy) like this.
  10. Ciao (Sheppy)

OF I take you to my Doctor as my adviser ;)

11. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Ottenere ad un medico mio amico e ottenere alcune pillole di colesterolo . Ho preso li per anni e hanno aiutato i miei livelli di un sacco

Polina Pohribs and Ciao (Sheppy) like this.
  12. Ciao (Sheppy)

bravo TT wow an Italian post:eek: hope Gil doesn't blame me :D
    My bad cholesterol is average with my good one..... a bit of diet I will be like knew:)
    more olive oil + olive leave infusion/tea cut it a lot ... years ago I had it 360:eek: gone to 180 without medicine

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  13. Ciao (Sheppy)

I know you must have plenty site regarding that but on emore doen't damage on the other hand another way to infor :)
    12 foods to lower cholesterol (is an Italian site I Google translated)

http://www.wired.it/lifestyle/food/...2kRa0H8WcLWT2YG5zvzzQVoa4LAcxuks60aAv4f8P8HAQ

I like the paragraph 12 ;):D
    specially my special reserve "primu rugliu" :)

14. DeCoty

DeCoty Member

Can you expand on this OldFart? Do you just take 4000mg of vitamin C through out a day or through out the 2 days? Do you take it all at once? Im really intrigued by this and this is the first I've heard about it,may have to give it a try.

15. DeCoty

DeCoty Member

That's why i started to eat healthy so i could lower it naturally instead of going the medicine route. Great job in lowering yours naturally Ciao.

16. OldFart

I've taken 4000 mg per day.
    Today will be day three, so total of 12000.
    Def cleaning me out.

Usually take all at once but you could spread it out throughout the day.
    Either way would work.

Make sure you drink plenty of water.... Not sodas, coffee, etc... Water
    Build up to the 4000 mg. Don't just start out with 4000. 1000, 2000, 3000, etc.
    If you get headaches, cut back.
    When you stop, do it in steps. 3000, 2000, 1000, etc.
    Like tomorrow, I'll go to 3000, saturday 2000, sunday back to 1000 per day.

#16 OldFart, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    DeCoty likes this.
  17. DeCoty

DeCoty Member

Thanks for the info OldFart.... Going to have to give it a try one of these days.

OldFart likes this.
  18. OldFart

some people do this with 10,000 mg's...I've never tried that...lol

19. Ciao (Sheppy)

first week of "dieting" lost 4 kilos... with just cutting fats cheese + wine (high calories)
    my main target is to get the cholesterol down (Doctor follow me) without medicine.... with that I thought to lose few kilos and cut sugar level..
    so far so good .... Doc give me 3 months ... so I should get there ... :)

OldFart likes this.
  20. OldFart