FOUR - Shift4 Payments, Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by anotherdevilsadvocate, Dec 24, 2022.

1. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Shift4 Payments, Inc.
    Technology | Software - Infrastructure | USA

Shift4 Payments, Inc. provides integrated payment processing and technology solutions in the United States. It provides omni-channel card acceptance and processing solutions, including credit, debit, contactless card, Europay, Mastercard and visa, QR Pay, and mobile wallets, as well as alternative payment methods; merchant acquiring; proprietary omni-channel gateway; complementary software integrations; integrated and mobile point-of-sale (POS) solutions; security and risk management solutions; reporting and analytical tools; and web-store design, hosting, shopping cart management, and fulfillment integration, as well as tokenization, payment device and chargeback management, fraud prevention, and gift card solutions. The company also offers VenueNext that provides mobile ordering, countertop POS, and self-service kiosk services, as well as digital wallet to facilitate food and beverage, merchandise, and loyalty for stadium and entertainment venues; and Shift4Shop, which offers eCommerce solutions, including website builder, shopping cart, product catalog, order management, marketing, search engine optimization, secure hosting, and mobile webstores. In addition, it provides Lighthouse, a cloud-based business intelligence tool that includes customer engagement, social media management, online reputation management, scheduling, and product pricing, as well as reporting and analytics; SkyTab, a hybrid-cloud-based integrated POS solution; SkyTab Mobile, a mobile payment solution; and marketplace technology for integrations into third-party applications. Further, the company offers merchant management, training and education, marketing management, and incentives tracking solutions. Additionally, it provides merchant underwriting, onboarding and activation, training, risk management, and support services; and software integrations and compliance management, and partner support and services. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

emmett kelly likes this.
  2. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

What do you find most interesting about this company?

3. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

i find the chart most interesting as the right side of a cup and handle appears to have formed and look for a breakout soon. for trading i don't look at buying into a company as you do, if you are who i think you are. just show me the money.

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  4. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

Thanks for your input, Emmett! I looked at the chart and at FOUR in general and saw good things and not-so-good things, and just wanted to know what others see.

Who do you think I am? I'm a longer term investor and not a day- or swing-trader, that's true. But I have an unusual way of buying/selling/trading that is uncommon. I look to the long term, but I still try to buy when prices are low, and sell when they are high. For example, if I have $10,000 invested in a company long-term, I may buy an extra $500 or $1000 stake when the price dips - and I may sell $1000 worth when it jumps up or hits a new high - then buy the same number of shares back if the stock retreats more than 2 or 3 percent... Maybe because one of the first things I learned about investing was "safeguard your profits - at least some of them!"

It's not an exact science, but I definitely have a plan and a strategy - but one that I adapt for each individual stock and market situation. In simplest terms, it boils down to 1. try to buy QUALITY, LONG TERM STOCKS when prices dip 2. when a stock jumps up or reaches new highs, consider SELLING a percentage - maybe 5% or 10%? 3. If the stock then retreats a few percentage back into its normal range, buy the same number of shares you sold at the higher pricer -or- if I'm really high on the stock, I'll re-invest the entire return of the sale back into the stock - resulting in me owning more shares, at no additional cost to me.

However, I am not one to pick out 8 or 10 or 12 stocks and stick with them for 15-20 years because "I only pick the creme-de-la-creme." I want QUALITY stocks, but I don't mind readjusting and rebalancing when conditions warrant. I don't "marry" stocks! And I probably own a larger number of individual stocks than most investors, as well as some ETFs.

#4 Rayak, Dec 26, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  5. emmett kelly

Shift4 Payments Coverage Assumed by Piper Sandler at Overweight
    5:00 am ET December 29, 2022 (Dow Jones) Print

Ratings actions from Benzinga: https://www.benzinga.com/stock/FOUR/ratings

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

December 29, 2022 05:00 ET (10:00 GMT)

edit: nice long green candle on the chart today.

6. emmett kelly

Shift4 Payments Raised to Buy From Neutral by Goldman Sachs
    6:17 am ET January 9, 2023 (Dow Jones) Print

Ratings actions from Benzinga: https://www.benzinga.com/stock/FOUR/ratings

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

January 09, 2023 06:17 ET (11:17 GMT)