FB - Facebook - Meta

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I'd say it's almost there if not already. I doubt it will ever unite all people on the planet but even today, what household doesn't have a FB user that goes like "Hey, I just saw this sick vid on FB, wanna check it out?" every day and then shows it to others who may not be using FB for whatever reason.

fthree likes this.
  2. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Not sure if it's gonna become a unified hub. Technology and new services develop too fast for one to become dominant for a long time. The stronger FB becomes, the more tension and competition it's gonna face. I'm long FB, however wouldn't expect it to be a solid long-term investment.

fthree likes this.
  3. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

True but it remains the only social media with such a varied functionality. If we look at the ones like Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, those are designed for a particular purpose and will never have a userbase like FB.

fthree likes this.
  4. fthree

fthree Member

i can see where you are coming from. I used to think that id have to have different sites for different things but am realizing that Facebook is just doing it right making video/picture/messaging all so seamless. With a solid revenue stream they can buy what they need to and let the others just fade out.

5. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I don't really want those other social media to fade out tbh. Don't get me wrong, I understand that they do what they're designed for better than integrated Facebook services (like photo sharing). FB's main strength is in variety while those other narrow, specific platforms work with quality.

6. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Continue to like this post earnings setup. Now poised nicely here to move higher.
    fb.png

7. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$FB looks like I picked the right week to sell 122 put credit spreads! So icksnay on any ackblay answays until after Friday!

8. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Yeah, with $FB being where it is now, it's certainly a nice decision :)

9. fidelgeorge

This shows strength when ever crude is weak, a rotational algo pattern.

10. fidelgeorge

Key level to keep an eye on today would be its 10 Day EMA - $124.08. Expecting it to breach $125 today.

11. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Done well this week. What are we to expect next week in your opinion? I'm looking forward to see a turnaround, too good to be true...

12. LloydWCoutee

$FB coming strong, I predict close above 125.75. Market will rally by close.

13. fidelgeorge

Now bulls are in a full control though we inclined to the SS side yesterday's price action gives the Bulls to be in charge. Stay long

14. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Bullruns always end in a breakage, let's not forget about this...

15. fthree

fthree Member

i am slowly adding to my FB position. Currently AAPL and FB make up the most of my portfolio. I can justify apple being slightly volatile because of the dividends and quality products but when FB gets out of hand it gets scary...

16. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Everyone hates Facebook, but everyone hated TV for the longest time (aka the idiot box).
    I get the feeling that Facebook's ultimate play is to be the new entertainment center.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/arts/music/ratings-are-no-hit-for-mtv-video-music-awards.html?_r=0
    The amazing thing about Facebook is they don't need to pay anyone to give them content. Companies give them content themselves.

Think about this. Viacom gimped 11 cable channels, for what 3 hours each? And only got 6.5M viewers. But on a Facebook stream they got 45.8M streams. If that isn't the consumer telling you what's going on in today's world, I don't think you've been paying attention.

#96 anotherdevilsadvocate, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  17. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Bad thing about turn-around companies is that you often can't predict when will it happen, in what direction and with which feature. That's why even if I'd have "felt" something about FB, I wouldn't risk to follow this feeling.

18. LloydWCoutee

buffoons buying as insiders strategically dumping

19. fidelgeorge

MACD looking to complete a bullish crossover this week. Will it break above the infamous $130 zone. You better believe it.

20. LloydWCoutee

FB look for $128.34 in near term for a breakout and pivot upward.