FB - Facebook - Meta

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

singh likes this.
  2. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Facebook spiked down to 117.78 Thursday morning out of nowhere, don't think it only goes up, does better the day after earnings, look for spikes

3. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

I love how logical the market sometimes is. It's like "Hey, we've had some nice news today? Quick, sell everything!"

4. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

Could not get my call order filled prior to the market closed, maybe it was meant to be.
    GL to longs.

Expired.PNG

#64 leonx81, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  5. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

upload_2016-7-27_15-45-15.png

Facebook beats Street 2Q forecasts

MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) _ Facebook Inc. (FB) on Wednesday reported second-quarter net income of $2.05 billion.

On a per-share basis, the Menlo Park, California-based company said it had profit of 71 cents. Earnings, adjusted for stock option expense and amortization costs, were 97 cents per share.

The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 15 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 81 cents per share.

The social media company posted revenue of $6.44 billion in the period, which also beat Street forecasts. Eleven analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $6.01 billion.

Facebook shares have increased 18 percent since the beginning of the year, while the Standard & Poor's 500 index has increased 6 percent. In the final minutes of trading on Wednesday, shares hit $123.13, a rise of 31 percent in the last 12 months.

Read more: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/27/the-associated-press-facebook-beats-street-2q-forecasts.html

6. Eric Miller

Eric Miller New Member

Facebook reports Q2 2016 earnings results. Revenue grew 59%
    Net income grew 186%
    DAUs were 1.13 billion, an increase of 17% YonY
    MAUs were 1.71 billion, an increase of 15% YonY
    Earnings Snapshot: http://tinyurl.com/gncf5yb

Attached Files:

7. fidelgeorge

Facebook +6% said it expects lower ad revenue growth in the next two quarters. Take profits now.

8. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Facebook Profit Nearly Triples on Mobile Ad Sales and New Users
    SAN FRANCISCO — Facebook’s growth appears to know few limits. And even when one source of growth is set to slow down, the social network is ready with another.

The Silicon Valley company on Wednesday reported blockbuster second-quarter earnings, with strong increases across almost every measure. Facebook said sales totaled $6.44 billion for the quarter, up 59 percent from a year ago, while profit almost tripled to $2.06 billion.

The rise was driven by strong mobile ad sales, as well as a steady ascent in its number of users. Facebook now counts 1.71 billion monthly active users, up 15 percent from a year ago. And in a sign of how indispensable the social network is to people, the amount of money the company can squeeze from each user globally jumped to $3.82, up from $2.76 a year earlier. In the United States and Canada, Facebook’s most valuable markets, the company makes an average of $14.34 per user.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/technology/facebook-earnings-mobile-ad-revenue.html

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

That guy from Sharktank was on CNBC yesterday saying how his kids do not spend any time on Facebook, that its all snapchat.

Any of you younger guys even on Facebook anymore?

10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

+3.45% here, buyers coming in strong.

11. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

None of mine acquaintances is an active user of FB. I guess it just doesn't satisfy modern needs anymore.

12. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

if it opens > than $124.50 bullish with 1st resistance @ $125.28 and 1st support @ $123.15

13. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I hate Snapchat for regular everyday communication since it doesn't save chat logs. Facebook is si,ply better for that sort of things.

14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Clearly you are not a teenager!

15. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Nope, but I'm still relatively young. in my mid 20's atm :D

16. fidelgeorge

If it opens > $125.23 = bullish with 1st resistance @ $125.92 and 1st support @ $124.36

17. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

And what if it doesn't?

18. fidelgeorge

Some fatigue are detected among the Bulls, but The Bears have a hard time to show a will to continue the fight.

19. fthree

fthree Member

I was on a cruise and they offered a social media package for $25. Of course checking FB is almost a must for my wife, having the ability to make calls and send messages through messenger for no additional fee was worth every bit of the $25. Most of the people looking at their devices were starting at FB pages. If they can do something to take over the video part of online activities its game over. FB is quickly becoming the hub for everything. (I do not have an exceptionally large position in FB but will hold and add whenever i can.)

blypelako likes this.
  20. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I could see FB having some challenges growing at this rate. Also pftq said he was short social media :D
    It's in a nice channel, I'll pick some up again below 105. Though it might not get there...
    [​IMG]