Discord Chat Investopedia Simulation

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Gray Wolf, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Gray WolfLast Wednesday at 1:42 PM
    You don't need to get into the Discord chat to use this but we'd like to have you there if you can. Anyone can join this at any point in the year that it is running. Ends the end of Dec 2019 and if it gets used we'll create more.

I have setup a stock market simulator for Discord Live Stock Market Chat (that is the name of the game) This is intended for the Discord Stock Market Live Chat group and can be entered at any time during the year. Because of this it will unfairly reflect leaders that come in late etc. So, no winner will be declared. This is not to boast about prowess or to demean anyone that might be losing because they are testing strategies and not trying to win. 1. You must register for free at Investopedia. 2. Choose a username close to your handle (you may have to add numbers to it to get to min 6 characters) 3. If already registered you can go to edit profile and change your username to match your handle so your real name is not exposed. 4. Once signed into the Simulator go to Games / Join game and search for Discord (you might see 2 games but it is the obvious Live Chat one you want to join 5. Left side menu has a Help option https://www.investopedia.com/simulator/game/gamedetails.aspx?RGID=439416(edited)

Investopedia
    Login | Investopedia
    [​IMG]

Gray WolfLast Wednesday at 8:19 PM

#traders_live_chat can be used as our chat for this. If you have any problems with this use the #ask_any_question from and post and someone will get with you to help. Nothing says we can't us the main #general_live_chat as well but the traders chat will be less noisy. If there is enough chat activity I'll ask to have a room created.

Lico Inv and Stockaholic like this.
  2. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Good idea posting this here too @JerryM!

I encourage all of you on Stockaholics to also join Jerry's Investopedia Simulator.

I just joined! :D

3. Stockaholic

@JerryM how we lookin' on participation for your stock trading simulator?

If you want I could have this thread moved over and pinned to our stockaholics contest section to see if catches any interest from the community?

Let me know.

4. Stockaholic

@JerryM - i just added the link to this thread in the contests tab at the top. It's in the drop down. This may help too. :)

[​IMG]

5. Gray Wolf

We presently have 16 people in the simulator. Not a lot of chat in the chat rooms at least yet, but still enough particpants as it will grow as new people join over the next year. If it holds up as a reasonable option over the year we will keep renewing it. I think it is fine to list it under competitions but technically it is not a competition due to the various time lengths people will have as the year goes on. I'm billing it more as a learning thing but I know some will take it as a competition. :D

Stockaholic likes this.
  6. Gray Wolf

My simulator positions as of Jan 2:
    upload_2019-1-2_17-17-25.png

Stockaholic likes this.
  7. Stockaholic

Hey @JerryM if you wanted you could go ahead and do weekly or monthly updates to this thread.

I think it'd be cool to see how the rankings are looking every once in a while, but completely up to you.

I haven't personally gotten into the simulator yet due to other priorities at the moment, but I'd be interested to see how things are looking, as I think others might as well. The more times this thread gets bumped, perhaps the more likely new participants will join. Just a thought. :D

8. Gray Wolf

upload_2019-1-26_9-49-41.png We have 27 participants in the simulator so far. About 10 of you seem to be non active so think about giving it a try. This is set to last 1 year to the end of december and you can join at any time. Top 10in simulator as of Jan 26th:

Stockaholic likes this.
  9. Gray Wolf

Top 10 this week.

upload_2019-2-3_9-19-1.png

10. Gray Wolf

Reminder, this simulator is open for joining at any time. Join in and help with your strategy development. Don't worry if you come in last, that's not the point. Main point is to test out how you select, enter and exit trades.
    Top 10 Week of March 17th.
    upload_2019-3-16_8-36-5.png

11. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Thanks for the reminder! I meant to try this at the beginning of the year and kind of lost track. I joined the simulation yesterday and tried out the paper-trading platform today. Nice!

12. Gray Wolf

Top 10 as of April 6th. We have 33 participants but not all of you are active. Get to trading I am using this to test a couple of new strategies for entry and exits along with some long term stuff. So I learn as I go. Some are playing to win and some are playing to learn so do not be concerned with your overall standing if you are learning things.
    upload_2019-4-6_9-43-11.png

Three Eyes likes this.