CROX - Crocs

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, May 10, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Crocs, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes casual lifestyle footwear and accessories for men, women, and children worldwide. It offers various footwear products, including clogs, sandals, wedges, flats, sneakers, and boots. The company's primary trademarks include the Crocs logo and the Crocs word mark. It sells its products in approximately 65 countries through domestic and international retailers and distributors, as well as directly to end-user consumers through company-operated retail stores, outlets, Webstores, and kiosks. As of December 31, 2015, Crocs, Inc. operated 275 retail stores; 98 kiosks and store-in-stores; 186 outlet stores; and 12 company-operated e-commerce Web stores. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Niwot, Colorado.

[​IMG]

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Channel trading anybody?

Massive move off support right to resistance!

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Quite the 31% gain! I'm guessing that was earnings-based?

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Crocs are back in fashion dont you know? lol

5. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

I don't know why anyone would pay money to wear the same shoes you can get for free in jail?..... But I think I see something worth looking at here

Daily chart:

I can't draw lines and boxes on my charts, so bear with me..... The sell off in December looks like the beginning of a new range.... Between the top of the automatic rally that follows ($7.84) and the bottom of the first test ($6.70)

We fall out of the range twice on high volume, then bounce in and out, each time closing around $6.50 (and look where we sit now) with the overall volume falling off

image.png

Now I realize there's nothing attractive about this weekly chart down here... At least not for the longs...... But I count about a $4.00 move (to $11.07) on a .25x1 P/F chart, based on the range I laid out on the daily chart above..... And each of the last two rallies (March 2015 and May 2016) were in the neighborhood of $4.00

I could be dead wrong here.... But I learn by doing, not by watching... So I might grab me some tomorrow

image.png

#5 Jrich, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

Ugh!

I was wrong, or too early.. Either way, I'm out

$6.50 support went down in flames

7. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Just looked at weekly and monthly charts, this thing is in big trouble. Did it break down out of your channel? Might be a good short somewhere.

8. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Just a rookie mistake.... I wasn't looking for a channel, I was looking for a change in character... A possible trading range forming in a downtrend leading to one of the unexplained rallies you see on the rest of the chart

$6.50 was my support, $6.40 stop loss... Got booted out once, then stubbornly got back in..... Two small losses, better than one big loss

And I'm still in the "Robinhood phase".. Robinhood won't let me short anything.... Eventually, when I get all grown up... I'm gonna transfer everything to my TDA account..... But not quite yet, I have a lot more breathing room right now without the commission

StockJock-e likes this.
  9. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Effort versus Result last week. Week before last it broke down with wide price range on 3M shares. This past week it traded 4M shares and price went nowhere.

10. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

I'm piecing the puzzle together as a move along.... A big piece I missed here, there is no preliminary support to the range I thought I saw

But... Like I said above, I learn by doing, even if it means screwing up...... I'm not putting much on the line, so my screw ups don't really hurt much...... Yet

11. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Taking small losses is often prudent and an important psychological skill that most people never acquire. I'm not saying CROX is bullish; it is in a long term downtrend after all. I guess it could be a low risk short here with a stop somewhere above $6.26, but the other side of that short trade is:
    • It fell below the 6.26 spring on significantly lighter volume ( low supply of public shares)
    • last weeks failure to follow through to the downside with increased weekly volume....appears somebody is absorbing shares.
    • On the daily it looks possible that the break under the 6.26 spring could just be a shake-out.
    • The supply has dried up the last 2 days
    But again, can't say it is bullish either, as it does have weakness in the background and now it needs to get back above that $6.26 barrier, and demand hasn't proven itself yet with a Sign of Strength in the right-hand side of the trading range. Because of Friday's low range close, I suspect it will test Wednesday's low. I guess I'd be tempted to go long on a successful test of that low with a tight stop and a short time-stop to get back over that 6.26 level.

Daily:
    upload_2017-4-22_21-52-42.png

#11 Onepoint272, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  12. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Shares of Crocs ($CROX) are likely to move to the upside after the shoemaker reported first quarter results that beat estimates on both the top and bottom lines.

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

new 52wk highs!

14. anotherdevilsadvocate

I noticed these guys had a blowout ER last quarter, so I've been on the lookout to see if kids are wearing these nowadays.

But now I think I'mma get my own. More pics and vid at the website.
    https://www.crocs.com/KFC.html
    [​IMG]

Put These On Your Bucket List.
    Covered in a fried chicken print and a striped
    base, these will make your dreams of wearing
    a bucket of chicken finally come true.
    Each pair of co-branded footwear comes
    with two Jibbitz™ charms made to resemble
    and smell like fried chicken.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  15. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow.... I can't imagine anyone buying those.

16. anotherdevilsadvocate

Moving with 2x normal volume to previous high before rona.

17. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

Crocs shares are trading higher after the company reported better-than-expected Q2 EPS and sales results and issued Q3 guidance.

Jul 22, 2021 7:38a ET

18. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

Crocs shares are trading higher following news from the company's Investor Day today.

Sep 14, 2021 12:39p ET

19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Wow, look at it go!

20. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

Really fucking unbelievable…I feel amazed with that chart.

Clogs company..,