CHE-UN.TO - Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by Marvan, May 30, 2019.

1. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund provides industrial chemicals and services in Canada, the United States, and South America.

It operates through Sulphur Products & Performance Chemicals (SPPC), Water Solutions & Specialty Chemicals (WSSC), and Electrochemicals (EC) segments.

The SPPC segment removes and/or produces merchant, regenerated, and ultra pure sulphuric acid, sodium hydrosulphite, elemental sulphur, liquid sulphur dioxide, hydrogen sulphide, sodium bisulphite, and sulphides.

This segment also offers industrial services, such as processing by-products and waste streams.

Its WSSC segment manufactures and markets various inorganic coagulants used in water treatment, including aluminum sulphate, aluminum chlorohydrate, polyaluminum chloride, and ferric sulphate; and a range of specialty chemicals, such as sodium nitrite, potassium chloride, phosphorus pentasulphide, and vaccine adjuvants.

The EC segment manufactures and markets sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products for the pulp and paper, oil and gas, and water treatment industries.

Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.

http://www.chemtradelogistics.com

2. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

First quarter results

The first quarter results include the application of IFRS 16 at January 1, 2019. In relation to leases that were previously classified as operating leases, Chemtrade now recognizes depreciation and interest expense, instead of operating lease expense. This results in an increase in EBITDA, but it does not affect distributable cash after maintenance capital expenditures. Also, comparative information is not restated.

The first quarter results also include an increase of $40.0 million in the reserve for legal proceedings ("Litigation Reserve") established in 2018 to cover the costs of resolving the civil actions commenced against General Chemical entities related to the anti-trust matter inherited with Chemtrade's acquisition of General Chemical in 2014. Further details are in the Reserve for Legal Proceedings section below. The increase is reflected in both EBITDA and distributable cash after maintenance capital expenditures for the quarter. The majority of the litigation has now been settled, with only certain derivative actions outstanding.

Revenue for the first quarter of 2019 was $385.3 million, an increase of $3.8 million from 2018. This increase was primarily due to higher selling prices for sulphuric acid in the Sulphur Products and Performance Chemicals (SPPC) segment, and higher selling prices for certain water chemical products in the Water Solutions and Specialty Chemicals (WSSC) segment, partially offset by lower prices and lower volumes for caustic soda in the Electrochemicals (EC) segment.

Net loss for the first quarter of 2019 was $29.3 million, compared with net earnings of $6.9 million in 2018. The decrease was primarily due to the Litigation Reserve booked in the first quarter of 2019, and higher net finance costs due to a loss from the change in the fair value of convertible debentures, partially offset by higher income tax recoveries during the first quarter of 2019 compared to the first quarter of 2018.

https://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?newsid=6982260139064395&qm_symbol=CHE.UN

#2 Marvan, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  3. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

CAD 9.06

Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund (TSX: CHE.UN) today announced that it has declared a cash distribution of $0.10 per unit for the month of May 2019 payable on June 28, 2019 to unitholders of record at the close of business on May 31, 2019.

Holders of units who are non-residents of Canada will be required to pay all withholding taxes payable in respect of any distributions of income by the Fund.

http://www.chemtradelogistics.com/m...s-income-fund-declares-may-2019-distribution/

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I love the rockstar dividend but I wouldn't consider long holding this until the distribution is cut and the stock settles at a new price.

Did I mention I'm an investor? It is probably a great trading stock, particularly for the short potential.

It does appear to be long term stable so it might be an ideal stock to sell puts on.

5. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

6. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

CAD 11.22

Out !

TomB16 likes this.
  7. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Chemtrade has an open series of convertible debentures, right now. 6.5%. I considered it.

8. Marvan

Marvan Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of debentures, i have only stocks in my portfolio.