Charles Schwab

Discussion in 'Vendors, Brokers and Product Reviews' started by Timbo, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Seriously considering changing my account over to C.S. same fees 4.95 plus .65 per option contract. My primary reason is access to my funds. They offer checks and debit cards which is really convenient if I want to make a withdrawal. I can even sign up to make direct deposits. Opened the account but haven't transferred my holdings yet. Looking for pros and cons, anyone use them now or in the past? Please feel free to chime in. I use tradeking now "soon to be ally" no problems or complaints, I can have a check mailed for a small fee, but believe C.S. would have more to offer, most of my trading is on my galaxy 5 android, I know it's a very primitive way of trading but I'm in the field a lot more now and can't wag my laptop along. THANKS.

forexsaur likes this.
  2. tbw875

tbw875 Active Member

I've used Schwab for probably almost a decade now. I do like how I can use direct deposit...my tax refund went straight into the account no problem. I didn't know they offer checks or debit cards, and frankly wouldn't care for it since I have my money in there to grow, not to spend.

3. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Thanks for the input, I also like the fact that they have a bricks n mortar office about 20 miles away. I have a sizeable account and having better access to my funds is appealing, plus have considered doing a little banking with them as well.

4. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Taking the plunge and doing the change over, my account will be down a few days while the process is completed.

5. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Actually put it off until today, hard to do when your a stockaholic. LOL. Still hold 2 positions long and didn't trade today. Should be up n running in about 5 business days or so.

6. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Interesting... I especially like the direct deposit idea!

I have a TDA account that I hardly use, I was planning to transfer all my funds there and start using it before too long.... How does Schwaub compare with their charts and tools??...... From what I understand, TDA is second to none in that department, which is big for me!...... But making deposits is a pain... Have to send a photo of a check and wait 6 business days to use it...... You'd think, with everything else in the world electronic, a big name platform like TD Ameritrade would offer electronic deposits of some sort

7. tbw875

tbw875 Active Member

@Jrich I don't like Schwab's charts. I usually use either Google Finance or TradingView to chart. However, Schwab's mobile charts are better than any I've found (most mobile charts suck), and when I'm on the bus, its nice to be able to chart the stocks I have in my portfolio. It has all the typical TA indicators, relatively easy to use. I've seen some UI updates lately, so maybe they will revamp bits of mobile too

8. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll check it out

Just like @Timbo, I spend all day in a truck too, and do my trading from a phone... Mobile apps are more useful to me than websites

9. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Banking features was one of the main reasons I transferred. I like the checks and card as it makes my money instantly availible if/when I need it plus they have a lot more to offer. For me it was the way to go.

10. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Yep, I got a CS account pretty much for the debit card, which carries no ATM *or* foreign transaction fees anywhere in the world. So it's great for international travel and having safe access to your $ at current exchange rates overseas.

Timbo and Onepoint272 like this.